Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mexican Blankets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrailorPark, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

I'm trying to find a good site for mexican blankets on the net. Can anyone suggest a good site?

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Tons of them on eGay........just bought two big nice ones.....real Mexican too!

CB

3. 61TBird

61TBird

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Since the beginning of the hotrod movement, Ebay has always been the sanctioned source of traditional mexican blankets.

Where did people find mexican blankets before the advent of the internet?

This forum has become the new google.

5. kustombypook

kustombypook

Sounds like a good tagline.

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

7. I think Ryan disabled the "Search" function on all FNGs. Only way I can explain it. Ryan, for God's sake, turn it back on!!!:)

Of course, a great source for Mexican blankets is --- get ready --- MEXICO!

8. You bought two Mexicans on egay? Damn, I knew their economy was hurting, but hell!

9. dont hawaiians got cool blankets?? (pun intended)

10. Naw, the shirts clash with the blankets, man!

11. oh man!

[​IMG]

12. Nobodys Hero

Nobodys Hero
    from New Jersey

I say you go to a real native american indian store. Those are the style blanket I think you would wanna run, not a mass produced typical mexican style blanket that you can buy at te airport in cancun. search my threads, and youll see my interior, its a native american indian blanket/throw rug. Kinda expensive but worth it.

Good luck

13. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

Didn't we just go through this a few weeks ago?

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

maybe you can find a barn find Mexican blanket...then you'd really have something!!!!

15. Yes, we did. And the same amount of fun was being had by all.

16. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

17. 61TBird

61TBird

Hecho en China "Mexican" blankets on a car in Hawaii.

There's something really wrong with that....

18. Wow, WTF check out elchamaco.com there cheap and ship fast. I only log on here about once a month for a reason, that is alot of shit talking for one question. I would like to thank the ones who put down a honest answer to TrailorParks question, it's people like them that are going to keep this board alive. You know what else I bet TrailorPark did think of google and ebay but with the internet in Iraq being as slow and random that it is you don't want to spend your day surfing around. So after you check out the blanket place look up killbilit.com and ruffrodders.com, same advice with alot less internet tuff guy shit talking. And yes I cussed on your forum so please delete my account. I have heard and been around snoby CC's but fuck this is a chat forum get the fuck over yourselfs.

19. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

I completely agree to DOC54's reply. I thought that forums were to ask questions, share ideas, and to network. :mad: I cannot believe so many of you would be so unwilling to help and just be flat out smartasses about the whole thing. Yes I know there is a search function on google, and never thought of using the search on the forum page. But when I asked the question I thought that maybe a few of you out there would have delt with a good web site, and/or had good dealings with a web site that had this or any products of the kind. I am still in Iraq and donot have the time to sit and surf the internet, for some strange reason I thought that I could get some help from others within what I thought was agreat forum until now. I have talked to quite a few members on this forum and really enjoyed the feeling of brotherhood that I felt when talking to them..... until now and realize how many premodanna's are truely on this site. For te other members that put a good post on this thread thank you for helping me find a site worth buying from, in paticular thank you to DOC54, NOBODYSHERO, FLH4SPEED, AND CUZNBRUCIE

20. Ruiner

Ruiner

Killbillet and ruffrodders are both inferior forums...while they may have a few good folks, most that I have encountered there are ignorant and talk way more shit than we do here...and way to go with the whole "I'm in Iraq, so you have to take me seriously" gig...I support those who don't whine about the deployment they volunteered for...good day...

21. skwurl

skwurl

We have tons of Indian blankets around here. You can buy em at gas stations fore 6 bucks. I like mexican blkankets better though. The cheapest I've seen em is 20 bucks in Seveirville Tn. They go for around 60 on ebay

22. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

I am not in anyway using my deployment as a crutch. But like I said my time is limited because I don't have the time to sit on the internet, and have the time to let pages load (most the time takes 1-5 min per page). I donot sit in an office all day I go on patrol 6 days a week fo anywhere up to 10 hours, once I return I have to refit my truck, and oh yeah I have 8 Soldiers that I am in charge of and need to be taken care of (pay issures, family problems, ect..). My job is one of great responsibility and requires constant attention. I am glady serving on my second deployment, that I did voulenteer for and have enjoyed so much that I have re-enlisted for another 6 years of service since I have been deployed so before you even think of trying to say anything of the sort of me or DOC54 "whining" about being deployed you'd better get your facts straight bud.

23. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

Sorry about the last post with all the quotes I don't know how I managed to get all the quotes in there but the only one was for Runier.

24. Indian blankets are cool.

Like Mexican blankets you have to pick through a few to find a pattern you like.

I bought mine at an Arizona tourist oriented store for $20.
    5' x 7' fwiw.

Made in India and it looks to be good quality.

Pattern-wise, each of the larger Indian Nations are represented and there's quite a few to choose from.

If you can use a smaller size, horse blanket size for instance, those are about $14.

You can probably find some representative patterns on Google.

Geez, I wonder if I'll get gigged by running a re-pro blanket....

25. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

:rolleyes:
    geez just take the flak, you got some answers and some people had a laugh it's all in good fun, specially with a question like that, that could've easily been searched, I'm deployed too, my internet sucks too, we just deal with it. you shouldn't take things so seriously, but what do i know, I'm just a newb.
    HOOAH :D

26. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hi TrailerPark,
    A company down in El Paso sells all kind of rugs and blankets, made in Mexico and Central America. They have a catalog that you can order online. See www.elpasosaddleblanket.com and look around.

Thank you for your service in Iraq... Come home safe and build your ride!

From a fellow veteran from an earlier era... Southeast Asia..1970..USAF

Have a great day! .....duane

27. teisco

teisco

Lots of guys get their panties in a bunch when someone ask a simple question..They yell and scream "Use the damn search button!",,,,ok but wait, hold on,,,why look at old answers when you can post and ask for new answers,,things change, new people come on the forum with different and maybe better answers so why not ask that question over again,,,get a fresh veiw on things and not a stale year old take.

Also when I ran a large message board the search function took much more bandwidth than a posting did...looks like a simple question is only an excuse for some guys to bring out the tired old banner waving "Use the search dummy"

28. swimeasy

swimeasy

Why do the Mexicans even have blankets, I'ts all the time HOT as hell down there!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.