Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thaw-Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy3755, May 9, 2009.

1. chevy3755

chevy3755

very disappointed in the turn out................just my opinion..........

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Give it some time, and it could become great...its the first year at this location, and I understand its a very nifty little grass-roots track...ANY hot rod show at a drag strip beats sitting in a parking lot sweating.
    I wanted to make it, but I won't be ready until Hell On Wheels...
    Its ashame that attendance was low...

3. So when is your show???????????????????????that way we can come to it and see how you do>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:cool::cool::cool::mad::mad::mad:

4. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

We had a booth, and had a great time.
    Met some new friends, and old, most of all had a ton of fun!!

wind sucked, I have never heard a show promoter say the turn out was good enough

We'll be back next year, and hopefully have a car to run down the track!!!

thanks Road Devils

Joshua, and Michelle
    Streetwerkz

5. roaddevil

roaddevil

Just under 100 cars and ran the @#$@ out of them on the track.

I have no gripes on the turn out at all for a first year event. Ill take drag racing to sitting around with lawn chairs in a walmart parking lot anyday of the week.

6. any photos ? maybe the weather will cooperate better for next year, rain all around you guys

7. RustyKarr

RustyKarr

I had a good time. Saw some cool stuff. Not much on 1/8th mile tracks myself but its better then nothing.

8. chevy3755

chevy3755

i guess i expected more cars drag racing........no harm no foul.............didnt know this was the first event

9. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

the disciples of speed will be there next year with a full line up of cars.

will spread the word around to some other local clubs as well......pistons, slick devils, rollers.

any chance of renting that track again this summer , pm me we would be interested

10. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

We appreciate the support that we recieved from all that came, despite car numbers (even though 100 over the day ain't shabby for the weather forecast), there were a lot of spectators. Lots of good commeradery, lots of bench racing, a lot of beer drank.

a couple thousand flyers were handed out for this show, advertised on several message boards, also had it's own webpage. Not much more you can do aside from hope that those that plan to come convince their buddies to come.

In any event we were pretty happy with the result, it's not about the numbers, it's whether or not those that attended had a good time. I think that pretty much anybody that had the sack to run their car down that track left with a smile.

We're just gaining speed and each event gets bigger......must be doing something right.

Our next event is Hell on Wheels at National Trail Raceway. There will be Drag Racing as well as an autocross. So those of you who enjoyed the racing this past weekend, I hope you tell your friends and come out and do it again, then try out the auto-cross course for a change of pace as well. September 19 at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH.

I challenge anybody that feels that attendance is the sole factor of sucess of a show to do their own part to satisfy themselves, by telling more people and convincing more people to come out. If you don't tell anybody, and they didn't see a flyer how else are they gonna know?

Again..... Huge thanks to all those that braved the wind, sun, drizzle, etc to come out and have a good time. We hope that ya'll had a blast and that we can count on seeing you at the next event. We appreciate it.

11. haulAss or GTFO

haulAss or GTFO

i had a fuckin blast, met alot of new people

i even lost my trans...but i dont mind at all, the racing was badass

12. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

There must be two threads on this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

14. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

15. screwball

screwball

thats my kinda drag strip. Does it go down hill or just the way it looks to me? I would need all the help I could get for a respectable 1/4 mile time.

16. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

It's one of the oldest tracks in Ohio. They only run 1/8 mile and the little incline is after the traps.

17. chevy3755

chevy3755

Anyone emember the gal with body art all across her chest......wow.............

18. What was the tech like on the cars that raced, following the rules or turned a blind eye ?

19. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

The gal with the chest tattoo's is Jen, one of our member's GFs.

Tech inspection was pretty much non-existant. They were real cool about everything and the track treated us and the attendees like gold. They were very hospitible.

It would be a great place for friday night gatherings for their test and tune for guys in the area. Would be fun to arrange something like like that.

More pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. HEY NOW...That's our SISTER your talking about!! But I guess wow about sums it up!:D

Thanks again Ohio Crew!:cool:

21. sasafras

sasafras
    from ohio

I had a blast. It s the only time i had the urge and balls to run the whopping 90 horsepower dodge down the track. I wanted to run thumper bizzcpe to bizzcpe, but the wind blew some shit in my eye and had to come home and go to the dr. and get it out.

22. Degreaser

Degreaser

I had an absolute blast! I also expected a turnout about like we got. A lot of fella's with money issues right now and the weather sucked shit. The forecast showed strong wind and rain all day, so we actually got pretty lucky. Thats the most smiles I've seen in one place in a long time....

23. Degreaser

Degreaser

Great to see ya again brutha.

24. metal man

metal man

Very nice girl . Same goes for the other club members that I met . I was there with a group of friends and we all had a blast , regardless of turnout . It will grow cause that place is great ,we'll all spread the word . Thanks again Devils !

25. DHI442

DHI442

It was a great weekend. The guys that run that track were great. No questions or hassles, just pull up and run all day if you want. In my opinion the 1/8 was perfect for a lot of the cars there. Just overall a good time. Awesome way to start the year. Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  26. metal man

metal man

I agree , the 1/8 mile track was ideal for this event . Everyone was running just for fun and most cars times were in the 9 - 12 second range . There were a couple cars that probably should not be driven faster than they can go on the 1/8 . Higher speeds means tech would have to be stepped up a lot and some would not have been able to run . Like many , Pacemakers used to be a 1/4 mile , but the cars just got too fast to stop , so it was shortened .

27. The 1/8 is more like a stoplight to stoplight street race, most of our cars are better suited for it anyway...

28. bustingear

bustingear

Broke my 30 but a trip to pick and pull got me right. Pulled a tail shaft off an older Delta 88 and the drive shaft yoke as well. It took me longer to clean them up than it did to put them on. Needless to say the old parts were bomb fragements. Just thankful I did not tear the tranny or rear. Good sunny day. Mine was just shorter!

29. nsh57

nsh57

I had a great time down there friday night running my roadster! I wish I could have made it on saturday, but I had that silly wedding to go to. Anyhow, thanks so much to all the Road Devils and anyone else who helped put on the event, and I hope to see this show again for next year!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

30. metal man

metal man

Glad you got it fixed , I was sad to see you get towed home . Afterwards I was thinking you might check and make sure your driveshaft is long enough ?The slipyolk would be more likely to shatter like it did if it didn't have much engagement .