Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How low is two low ??????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EXK, May 8, 2009.

1. You be the judge. As for me it's never to low !!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. rick finch

rick finch

Too low! Driver or trailer queen?

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Instead of talking about ride height, let's talk about the tail light treatment...

4. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

you could prolly squeez another 1/2 inch out of her!

5. skunx1964

skunx1964

kinda looks like when garfield eats too much lasagna and his legs dont reach the floor......

6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

No such thing as too low!

7. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

If it cannot be driven without raising it up and it is to be a car and not a piece of art, then it is to low. I am not into "laying frame", or as I consider it "broken low". I give points for a car that is low and can be driven at that height.

You did ask.

Neal

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thats too funny!:D

9. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

Damn Micah, that`s pretty harsh! Funny as hell though.

10. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

kinda what i thought

11. if you pop a bag and can't get to the gas station or off the road without damaging the frame it's too low.

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Woof!

13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Too low is always when it hits bottom with any more then 2 sparks,1 spark is too high and 3 is to low,stupid low is getting hung up,on drive in hangout to see your buddys and lay LOL:eek:

14. ... the lower the better but I like to be able to drive it without things getting torn off on a casual drive to the lot.

15. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

"Take a little trip to see" Dont drive too fast

16. skunx1964

skunx1964

:D well.....

17. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

I think the rockers are in the way.

18. Well you asked.... If we are talkin kustoms then this pic is not even in the conversation, How can you say that the car is to low or to high when you raise it up to drive?????? That dont count!!! Now if you had your car sitting like this without that magic button, then its too low! But with this, how can it be to low when you just say "wait a minute...... let me raise my car up so I dont scrape". I guess the minitruck stance is a huge trend right now and I will never get it. KUSTOMS DONT LAY FRAME !!!!

19. hemifarris

hemifarris

What he said!

20. Hey neal good point, once lost a how low can you drive contest in the old Shop Truck many years back. Drove there coarse with 0 scrapes or tire rub's but lost due to a stupid rule i did not know about. A match book must fit bettwen the lowest part of the car and the ground. They changed the rule and yes i won the next year. And yes this car will raise up 10" if nedded and will out handle most street rods

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      525.2 KB
      Views:
  21. cretin

cretin

Those tail lights must have been insipred by the '80's

[​IMG]

22. skunx1964

skunx1964

speaking of, this just came on tv and made me think of that too, lol.

<OBJECT height=340 width=560>
    </p></p><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hTn2qVz633M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></OBJECT></P>

23. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Too low is when you can't make it from your driveway to the street without ripping off the drain plug on the oil pan.

24. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Too low, or simply an experiment in extremes?

25. HEY! Was that meant for me?hahaha...

If you are one of those guys who HAS to have bags,as far as i'm concerened...if you can't drive it when it's "down"....it's TOO low!!!

26. Davester

Davester
    from PDX

Too low, doesnt look right. Whats the deal with the "never too low". Its like chopping, too much is not going to look good.

27. johnnykck

johnnykck

It seems some guys are always out to go lower than low, just like some guys will chop a car way beyond what would look good on the car, no consideration for lines or flow. Some people are only out to prove that they can chop it more, lower it more than the next guy. Sorry, but I don't get it. I thought it was about enhancing a cars lines, making it look better, making it drive better, handle better a.s.o. If making it as low as possible and as flat as possible is the goal, just take a piece of sheet metal, lay it on the ground, spray some metal flake on it and call it the ultimate custom.

28. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

cant b too low but im biased

29. My front bumper is 6 inchs off the ground. with a flat I have just enough room to get
    my screwjack under the frame. its just dearched rear springs and cut coils, rides a little hard but hell I cant afford the bagged systems

30. Never2low

Never2low

EASY! I resent that :D seriously I don't get it either, but I like it. And yes I would be more conserned with the tail lights. I know bags are not trad. but if you want adjustability you might as well go all the way to the basement. When I set my suspention, I wanted it about 4-5 inches off the ground but I didn't want to be constantly worried about scraping. So I set the bags to be as low as I wanted when parked and far enough out of harms way while driving, best of both worlds right?
    Oh yeah, dukes up......:eek: