Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>Friday Art Show 05/08/09<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brett Barris

Brett Barris

Cool though.. i would wear it.

2. mauro d-100

mauro d-100

3. ALLISON

ALLISON

Thanks fellas. I have one more I can submit, had to get it scanned first.

Attached Files:

4. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

better late then never been stuck at work all day but here ya go
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. stev8

stev8

here's a dragcar I did. the grille, headlights badges, etc are all just painted on.

Attached Files:

6. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

GaryC...Once again all one of a kind and great New art every week!
    Ubermustang...cant wait for the finished painting
    CheaterRome...Nice painting on the jacket...great detail
    Jigger...very Cool drawing man
    Toddj...Your sketches rule Dude!!!! Nice!!!!
    Pacheco...love your pen and inks. You got style Kid! :)
    Dutch...Strange but Cool all the same...So like you! :D
    Norwell...your getting too serious...NICE DUDE!!
    cixpack...you got talent Man...keep it up!
    Chad...another home run! Nice job Man!
    typikal...your a mad man! Great brush work man!
    agentwaldo...Nice tribute!
    WhateverWeber...You got some skills Dude. Great work!
    Lowcab...that wood is workin with your painting style, luv it!
    Rig of Mortis...a plethora of Coolness...nice variety!
    Allison...your stuff kicks ass Man

FAS RULES!!! THANKS EVERYONE FOR SHARING YOUR WORK!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. Roadsir

Roadsir

Sorry not my work, but it is my car. Dwayne Vance did this sketch as part of a Texaco promotion. Neat work.

[​IMG]

8. nice piece, Bernie.

9. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Well here is the latest woodgrain, 1939 ford woody, done in straight grain pattern

Alternative Automotive Design

aadsoco.com

Attached Files:

10. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Not sure if its art, but I think so. I make custom hotwheels for people, 1 offs of there own Cars.

If anyone gives a squat, I'll post more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Dutch- The Singlefinger desing is awesome!---love the Booger Snot teeshirtand the snotty finger is hilarious!
    Mr Norwell- I love the Frankencoupe! I dig the shiftknob and the pinstriped grille insert.
    Kustomcaddy- man, I love that VonFuel gas pump!
    A32flathead- Love the shot of the 5 winda coupe! beautiful
    Forty love both views of the Anglia. Mustard Gasser! What a kill! I love the name!
    WhateverWeber- Your tee desings are amazing, love em all especially Ala Kart
    dankyd- those paintings are amazing! beautiful work!
    Sonny! Spectacular work on Sgt. Fink and his lovely 'PFC'!!!
    Chad- love the roadster. You've really put in some great detail work and I love the background!
    Funnycar65- cool skull!
    Mr WIMONE- You and Rich Luna lay down some beautiful striping! How bout a full shot of the suede coupe!? Love that Olds too!
    Timebombkustome- beautiful panels!
    LOWCAB- thats a beautifulpainting, and dont give up on stiping, It takes lots of practice and it's well worth the effort put into it!
    RYZART- beautiful helmet!
    Rig of Mortis- cool stuff
    Brett- great pics- I especially love the Buick!
    ALLISON- love all the 55's!!! The track t is bitchin too
    Carguy88- cool coupe
    Schwager- Wish I could go to the California Screamin show- Amazing group of artists again this year!
    Jaranson- very cool toons!
    Maschke- Beautiful striping especially for your first attempt at scroll work!
    Typikal-That tailgate is friggin amazing!
    Rough Stock- cool painting of John's BoogieVan!
    Fatt Stripes-I love the Sketchers- been wanting to do that to mine!
    Acrochicken- I love the shots of Rob's F-100! That is such a cool truck! The shots from Streetchopper are fantastic!

12. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

13. tgif...........:)

14. Nice work Ron Weber!!!!

15. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I ,ah....don't want to be a prick or anything, but your avatar is my artwork and I wasn't asked. That is a customers piece that was bought and payed for. I'm just using it for promotional reasons and it is not for sale or use without my clients approval. I really appreciate the compliment and I'm glad you like my piece, but put yourself in his shoes. He payed for the artwork and is making prints and tee-shirts for sale. Contact me and we can work something out with one of my personal pieces or something I make up just for you.
    thanks, Del

16. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

World Wide FAS!!! Kickin Butt!!!

Heres a work in progress.

Attached Files:

17. OK, no problem. I see art work from here used all the time for avatars and such and as you know all it takes is a right click - save to do so. I always thought that as long as it wasn't used for comercial use aka posters etc. that it was OK to "borrow". I know that I have posted many photo's on here that have ended up all over the internet. But I respect your position and I have removed it. Hope it didn't cause any problem. I'll used Big Daddy's artwork for a while, I'm sure he won't mind. Sorry for the mix up Del. :)

18. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

My submission for tomorrow's 4th annual car and art show at the Gasoline Gallery in El Segundo, Ca.

"KNUCKLEHEAD"

36" x 48"- acrylics, spray paint and india ink on canvas.

[​IMG]

Great show everyone and i'm finally stoked to be able to participate, it's been awhile.
    Grace and peace&#8224;
    cab

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Big Daddy won't mind... but maybe Ed Newton will... why don't you use one of your own photographs for the avatar then?

20. Ed Newton, Ed Roth, that line gets pretty blurred at times! In any case, I don't think either one of them will mind! I have had my own photo's as my avatar for years. I thought it was time for a change. I hope you don't mind.

21. RYZART, the work on that helmet is stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us. Everyone else, as always, top notch work!!

22. Ted H

Ted H

customcaddy,
    Love the pump but looks like you spent more time in art class than math class....1LOL

23. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

No problem. If it was a personal piece and you asked, I'd be O.K. with it.
    Thanks for changing it. Del

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

THAT is exactly WHY I quit posting my stuff on the FAS...mine got "borrowed" too...too many people think it's "OK" to borrow...it ain't...!!! Borrowing is really stealing...I put too much time into my art for someone else to simply "borrow" it...and the HAMB is no different...there's way too many people that get "free" art from this board by simply clicking on it.

R-

25. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

I use for my students and my teachers before me used pictures of other people art. People have used pictures of my art also such is how it goes.

26. ALLISON

ALLISON

Just don't post a good enough picture for anyone to actually use. It's great to see those big higher res pictures posted, but those are big enough they could be used for something else. That Roth and Newt stuff I think is probably OK, considering it's age and that it looks to be a decal... that was purchased. You can do what ever you like with it then, as long as your not making money off of it. I'm not sure if there is any difference between using it as your avitar or sticking it in the window of your car.
    With all that said, I agree 100% that too many people think it's OK to use what ever they want off the internet and you did what was right by not posting anything else that might be used with out your consent. I don't think most people even realize they are doing anything wrong by doing so though, and once they are schooled they understand.
    Anyway, just some thoughts. It sucks, but it's also a compliment.

So how about a late post. Some older stuff, two phony record covers I did for my buddies, and a wedding cake I designed. The guy that actually did the cake did the most amazing thing I have seen with frosting. The picture does not do it justice.
    See ya around!

Attached Files:

27. I don't see a problem with using something for an avatar. It's not like money is being made from using the avatar image. I've done it with old Roth/Newt/Mouse images. I wouldn't care if someone used one of my "art" pieces...although, I do think it's an even nicer gesture to ask the artist (if possible), first.

Nice show. Been awhile since I checked in on one. Some really talented people out there.

28. -DouG-

-DouG-

No clock pics this week... I have a bunch in the works -but not done.

Here's a before shot of a 54 Chevy that someone asked to see a color change.
    He wanted to see it in flat gold with a white roof and a shortened side molding on it.

[​IMG]

Here's a quick color change...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  29. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I love Nate's work on here and asked him to do an art piece for me. Thats my aviter.....asked for a personal piece first. The original is hanging in my office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.