Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got the FED out today - much joy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HemiRambler, May 2, 2009.

1. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Yep, you're running on borrowed time now.:D
    Hopefully the new block will give you a full season without any problems.

2. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

No Worries - It's ALL Good!!! My reason for posting was to get help solving my problem - I didn't expect it to be so obvious once I opened it up!!! Life is good again...............:D

Post more pics of the event fellas - I think this event has alot of potential, especially if the car count gets to the point where they can really dedicate the entire day to the OLD STUFF!!!!!!!

3. greenracing

greenracing
    from NE Ohio

We'll see. I'm dropping the pan next week to go through the bearings and make sure everything's happy in there.

This weekend we have the show/cruise in Mantua so I don't want to pull it apart this week.

Hey HemiRambler - would you be interested doing in a static display down in Mantua on Saturday? The Nostalgic Notions club is doing a car show/cruise-in deal to benefit the local catholic school.

4. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Im glad you got your car out and found your problem HemiRambler. I will see you at Thompson in June.

Nice pictures Bob - thanks for posting.

5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Perry, quit being a coward and raise those wheelie bars. :rolleyes::p:D

6. greenracing

greenracing
    from NE Ohio

I was going to - but then I discovered that they hit on the rear crossmember if I raise them. :mad: I think some fabrication may be in order...

7. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Weather permitting - we hope to be at the track this Sat. -gotta make sure our seal is really fixed!!!!

8. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Greg, we're learning all the time!!!! Will definitely see you at Thompson in June!!!!

9. Andamo

Andamo

HemiRambler, I was out there and saw your car in the pits, but didn't realize it was you. Oh well, look at this picture Bob took earlier and you'll realize things could have been worse. Click on the picture to enlarge.

[​IMG]

10. greenracing

greenracing
    from NE Ohio

At least that happened in the burnout box - although it took long enough to clean it up anyway:rolleyes:

11. violet springs

violet springs

12. violet springs

violet springs

13. Aww the old "lets spit out the oil filter" trick. I had a Harley do that once. Shot a fram filter about 10 feet from the bike. Luckily I was in gravel and shut it down FAST. New filter, topped off the oil tank and all was well. Did you do the same thing 'cuz I thought I saw you drive past me in the pits? What was the final deal.....Fram? or something much worse?

14. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Andamo, I hope you didn't hurt anything in there!!!! Too bad I didn't know you were there - would have liked to say hello in person!!!!

15. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

What has changed Perry? Used to launch good.
    [​IMG]

16. greenracing

greenracing
    from NE Ohio

The current bar is about a foot and a half longer than the bars that were on it for that shot. When it extends back that far - everything gets closer under the bumper. I think the back of the car was higher when I built the bar - I know I had clearance because I moved the cross member then. I may try raising the back of the car up a little which will let me raise the bar. See if I can get a little more daylight under the front wheels.

17. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

UPDATE: We got the car back out - First pass had issues with the Rev Limiter - so no joy there. Second pass the winds were high so we were only allowed 1/8 mile - car ran GOOD!!! (burnout sucked) Last pass - nice burnout - nice run - everything felt right - was a bit of a shame I couldn't make the whole 1320 under power - it had the makings of a nice pass!!!!!
    All in all it was a great day - car ran good (at least AFTER we fixed the limiter) and other than the high winds - the weather cooperated (mostly).

SEAL PROBLEM - appears to have been eliminated!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

And the track at Thompson is MUCH improved since they had it ground!!!!

My friend Dawn was there with her camera - she got some nice pics - I can't wait to see them!!!!!!!

18. How GOOD was it?
    Tell us about the combination and give some 60' 330' 660' times and MPH in the 1/8 please.

Matt

19. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

HemiRambler,good lookin car,very similar to the one I drive.
    We also are going thru new car bugs so I feel your pain.
    If you ever want to run in Ok or Tx look me up.
    We have an excellent Jr fuel program here.

Attached Files:

20. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

21. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Frontenginedragsters, I meant GOOD for ME :eek:

My motor is nearly stock - so good for me is running mid 9's (9.66 @ 137mph - last year) that's foot braking it and haven't changed a thing on the tuneup yet. It's mostly all drivers education at this point. I hope that with some tweaking I can get it into the 140's mph and get low 9's with it (high 8's would be a dream come true!)

Eventually I will have a better lower end - with some good POP and soem good RODS.

60 foots were in the 1.3's (I wonder how much I could pick up with the trans brake here)
    330 foots were in the 3.9's

594 feet 5.6's

1/8 mile - 6.1's @ 104mph

Nothing earth shattering for sure - but for me - I am happy considering the amount of stock parts I am running.:D:D
    Really makes me wonder what this thing will do with my GOOD heads and some decent compression:rolleyes: - but that will need to wait until my drivers ed is complete:eek:

Mr Mac. - nice car!!!! I love it - any stats?????

NHRANUT - Yeah I was very happy with the track - granted I only made 1/8 miles passes - my only 1/4 pass we had the rev limiter issues which killed our run - so I don't know exactly, but so far so good!!! I was talking with Al G. and he was still having issues - his car is alot shorter than mine - plus he's going 160 and I'm only 137 so.....there's that too. I will still say it is much better - as my first run (last year) was markedly rough - not the case these couple runs. Thumbs up from me!!!!

22. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Best time so far,1/4 mi 8.12 162,We hope to for 7.90 before the season is over.

23. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

What gear and tire are you running?

24. greenracing

greenracing
    from NE Ohio

That's great to see you've got it to the point of tuning and seat time!

I found Thompson very nice (and I've got a really short car and am going 160 too). I only ran the right lane on the 2 passes that I made in April, but it was smooth sailing. Al ran the left lane, and we'll have to see what it's like next time out. Considering what it was, any improvement will be great.

25. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

4.30, 30/12/15 Eng 354 with 392 crank.