Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone know Craig Smallish?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, May 7, 2009.

1. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

He wont reply to emails, i bought stuff from him on ebay for my olds engines for around 600 dollars, in march, havent arrived yet so just wondering if someone here knows him?

Craig M Smallish
    from
    Random Lake, Wi

ebay name, Smallish

/Daemon

2. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Have you contacted Ebay and requested his contact info??? They will be able to at least get you his registered phone number so you can attempt to call him up. Also, IF you used PayPal, you might want to get a hold of them NOW. You only have a limited amount of time to lodge a complaint before you are S.O.L.

3. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Thanx

yes just did that got his phone number so now i can call him today,

would be nice if someone here knows him to give him a headsup that someone is wondering where the parts is also,

cheers daemon

4. Not saying he is, but maybe he thinks he can rip ya since your overseas.
    I got ripped doing some powder work for a builder over seas, he found me on the J.J. and his engine builder etc was in the U.S., he had parts shipped to me, I did them, shipped them and he screwed me. He knows I wont be going to denmark to hunt him down, and lesson learned on my part. no more overseas customers for me.

5. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Well, as there is no replys to emails i smell fish...
    if it comes to me having to go to pick them up in person i would actually
    i'll be so nice to front up the money for the trip myself but that pickup fee would have to be settled by the seller....

i can take it if someone is slow on shipping, what matters most is if the stuff shows up or not , but noone should think they can rip me off..

i hate things like this, it takes to much darn time off my hands to be pissed on people who do not deliver stuff,

turboroadster: have you called him etc?, do an post like this , sometimes things are quicker solved in public then via emails that are ignored...
    in his feedback someone complained that it took 3 months to get parts he bought so hopefully he's just been slow to ship it.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  6. Squablow

Squablow

How long has it been? I am slow to ship stuff sometimes, especially if I have to package something big to ship internationally.

7. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

I agree with Squablow, We all hope it works out. Maybe it is taking a bit longer to ship international. Its Heavy Stuff. Keep us informed. Hope you get the stuff. Seems like everyone here gave you good advice so far.

8. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

paid paypal 11th march, almost 2 months now, paid for usps 10-14 day delivery so should have been here atleast 1 month ago,
    ok not always so exact when stuff is shipped, but maybe he'll reply in a few days or i'll be able to reach him when i call in an few hours.

sure hope it works out, bought 2 blower hubs from him, would be a drag if they don't show up as its 4 grove vbelt pulleys, i bought an blower with an v belt pulley on it to match, paid in total 688 dollars with shipping 100 bux in shipping so, ok weights a bit but atleast not oversize etc..

ahwell i'll post the outcome here asap

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So, you shipped out the parts BEFORE you got paid for the job? :rolleyes:

10. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

he replied to my email so probally nothing fishy, been real hecktic in my life past few weeks so i easily overreact it seems, but still valid to wonder where stuff are :)
    so hopefully this will turn out good :)

feels alot better that i got an reply that he was going to check for the papers and that he had been out of town for some days.. ahh..

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Hate to be pessimistic, but an email still doesn't get you your parts. It's been 2 months dude. If he wasn't apologizing up and down for letting your purchase slip through the cracks, then he's a bad businessman in general and probably on the shady side.... Hope I'm wrong... good luck with the Olds engine, I like em!

12. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

turboroadster..give me his name, and i,,l hunt him down for you! that asshole is probably easy to find in this small country!
    -palle
    daemon..good luck!
    -palle

13. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

thanx,
    i just got another email from him, seems there has been some problems with weight and usps, should be sorted out real soon it seems.

happend once before that shipping companies just let stuff lay and do not send them forward and do not contact sender when there has been some issue with to little payed postage or to high weight for the package etc...

14. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Had a dealing with SMALLISH on a Buick Console 4-5 years back. I did recieve the console but he never mentioned on ebay some of the stainless trim was missing(never showed that side) and it was full of cracks(could not see those in the pics) and there was pieces missing. His wording was the console was all there and mint.

I never forget names. I gave him a negative and he was theonly person in my 3000+ ebay transactions who ever gave me a negative.

15. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Just about every usps office in America has the computerized scales and the postal employee place the package on the scale, it's weighed and it spits out the postage ticket.
    It is done automatically at that time. There should not be a problem.

I live in a town of 400 people and my usps office has this technology.

I have shipped out thousands of packages and have never had this problem you mention.

16. Random Lake isn't far from me.....PM if you need any help....

17. no sir, it was on the sister site, the Jockey Journal, I pm'd Ryan and asked his permission to start a thread to make sure no one else gets burned by the guy, but understandably, his response was he would rather not have threads like that, and the liabilities of one. I chalked it up as a lesson learned. Sad, because I used to accept work from all over, and never an issue and now I refuse to do so. Don't like doing stuff for free, and on top of that, paying for the return shipping whilst I take it up tha' pooper too.
    no thanks.
    good luck with yours, hope it turns out better than my example.

18. this was a job where the parts were shipped to diamond heads in arizona for the diamond cutting of the motorcycle cylinders. He paid to have them done via paypal, when I shipped I insured the shipping for $1,000, well, thanks to USPS they arrived damaged. so, since he's overseas, I invest numerous trips to the P.O. to help him with his claim on the Insurance I bought, he would never respond and provide the info USPS required. actual purchase reciepts for the items needing replaced. I had 3 trips to the p.o. invested also. anyways, he finally decides to pop up and say can I send you a replacement to powder and send off. I say sure because he paid before, figured he was an honest feller. anyways, both arrive, and I redo both again for him, one was scratched original and one was a replacement and I again ship to arizona and again paid for insurance, I contacted him with the cost of actual shipping and I charged him $25. to do the new cylinder and redid the other for free. a real cheap assed price, but what the hell, i'm gonna help him out.
    anyways, he finally contacts me and demands I owe him for the damaged one that he would never get the info to me in the timeframe allotted by USPS. so, the prickster owes me $175 (cheap lesson learned).
    I tried via emails, PM's, phone calls to get him to provide the proper info needed so he could get paid by USPS, he never would provide, then after the insurance claim time expires, he says I owe him for the bad one.
    total bs and as said, I got a lesson on the cheap, it could have been worse.

19. hahahahha, awesome! but its not worth the time for 175 , especially to have someone else invest time in this asshat. I appreciate the offer but I'm accepting it as a lesson learned.
    Its not just the physical money or the time and trips I was out, its the fact that I offered to help him out because he was a member of the JJ, I quoted so cheap, I really wasnt making money anyways, I was just helping him out, no biggie, I offer to do stuff for free on the HAMB all the time, just because its not always about money, its about helping out fellow enthusiasts sometimes.

the offer to find him is good stuff right there folks!
    viva la HAMB

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you have 45 days to dispute the transaction through paypal. I'd never let anything go for over 25 days or so.

you can also dispute it with your credit card if that is how you paid... at least that's how it works here in the U.S. call the card company and tell them you haven't recieved your items.

as for problems with the weight, he could have done his postage online and added an incorrect weight to save money or maybe he didn't have a scale.

21. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Items picked up at post office today and was as advertiset, i'm happy with that part atleast, so i didn't get ripped off, but still wonder if they just was shipped for the first time after i started complaning. i could only speculate, they are here though now so no point in speculating to much now. anyhow thanx everyone for their input!, and 49ratfink yes you are so right, i bought a bunch of stuff on ebay so that one fell between everything i forgot how long i had waited for it, in the future i will pay more attention to that stuff..

cheers daemon

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you got your stuff mate. International postage is a bitch, over a year and I still haven't gotten my Moon stuff!
    Doc.

23. RichG

RichG

Glad to hear your parts got to you:)