Register now to get rid of these ads!

not another mercury guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mercuryjunky, May 7, 2009.

1. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

What the hell took me so long to get here.New guy waiting for the beat down.Should have been here months ago.Into mid sixties fords and mercs,can't get enough the mercs.On the verge of getting kicked out of the city.Those damn marauders sure can fill up a cul de sac.Finished my 64 A/FX comet last october.Looking to hit some nostalgic events this year.Working on my 65 cyclone A/FX S.O.H.C. project this year.Almost out of paint.And hopfully this winter I'll start my 64 marauder project.Any one out there with some 63-64 marauders?

Attached Files:

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Hello & Welcome to the HAMB Mercuryjunky. There's a lot of good information here.
    I hope you enjoy yourself.

Lucky667

3. I hate Mercs.
    Welcome.

4. SOHC427

SOHC427

Welcome, Ken
    I told you, that this was a cool place. Glad you got on here, and thanks for posting some of the Comets! :eek:
    Eric

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thanks for the shout out,should have been here sooner.Need your help.A 65 merc comet just came available down the road cheap.Tell me I dont need it.Heres some cammer pics to help the motivation.

Attached Files:

6. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

You don't need it. :D

7. Muttley

Muttley

Welcome from a fellow Comet owner.

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No no no! You need it, think about it for a second. There not making any more, they are getting harder to find. Think about parts hunting in the future, yes, yes indeed you need it.
    But what you dont need is that silly afterthought to the side oiler motor Ford came up with, silly, silly, motors. You can tell this by the fact that they never came out in a car!
    Tell you what, because I'm such a nice guy (Shutup everyone else he doesn't know me yet!) I am willing to take that funny ol S.O.H.C motor off your hands free of charge (Except for postage, you pay) so that people wont laugh at you.......

Well I tried.;):p

Welcome, anyone with a cammer is welcome here anytime!
    Doc.

9. You need it. I drove a '65 Comic when I was in college. Straight 6 and automatic, wouldn't fall off a cliff.

10. Welcome from a fellow Mercrodder. Love the AFX/SOHC era.
    There some great peeps and info here.

11. Judd

Judd

Welcome from a fellow Comet owner.

12. SOHC427

SOHC427

MercJunky, when are you getting "Phil, The Hammer" up on this board.
    People here, would love his cars.

13. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

14. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Welcome...Buy it!!!

15. soylent

soylent
    BANNED
    from FL

Mercs are numero uno!

16. havi

havi

Welcome from another fan of Mercs., though I have nothing to brag about.

17. drock6570

drock6570

Welcome Junky! 64 breezeway and a 63 convertible in the works. You know you dont need it! IF you want it? Well hell, thats a different story. That cammer is bad ass

18. Welcome Mercjunky! I owned a '64 foor door HT Marauder in Bittersweet that my brother has now and I have my Dads '64 Park Lane Breezeway now. Mercs is good ;^)

19. 64 a/fx

64 a/fx

hey ken,

good to talk to you a couple of weeks ago, haven't forgotten to get the pictures, maybe this weekend.

Alan in Amarillo
    64 comet a/fx clone hopefully to be as nice as Ken's

20. rdtreur

rdtreur

No Marauder but a '64 ColonyPark (with the Super Marauder engine!!)

21. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Welcome from Indiana. Not a merc owner, but who don't love mercs? One of the guys in our club has a '64 Cyclone. Beautiful cars indeed. Pop up more pics of your S.O.H.C. setup...I need motivation to build one! Along with someone elses deep DEEP pockets cause I can't afford that shit!

22. Falconred

Falconred

Updates on your cars. I remember the '63-'64 cars of Bud Moore and the Stroup cars running in NASCAR, they sure made some pretty racy looking cars. Darrell Daranger (SP) drove one again in '65 for Bud Moore, they called it the "Used Car" as all the other big names were running '65s. They won some races and ran well in most of them.