Register now to get rid of these ads!

You gotta see the barn in this barn find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat gasser, May 7, 2009.

1. von zipper

von zipper

Looks like you have to 'JENGA' in reverse! but the prize is worth the game!! Since I drive a straight truck for work I would love to have something like that or a cab over! GET IT OUT OF THERE!!!!

2. v8 garage

v8 garage

As has been previously mentioned I would offer to clean up the lot for the truck. All I can say other than that is...WOW!
    V/8

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Screw the wood ,get the truck.Make her a fare offer.After all she saved it for you!If you don't get it I guarantee someone else will soon. If i lived there I wouldn't waist another minute . I would give her the $ (in this order)then get all my friends together And demo whats left of the building. $ 500. is a deal if you can get it for that.it's worth a lot more than that.

4. Dtake

Dtake

Awesome find!! Would be great to have. Hopefully everyone telling you how much the wood is worth will also tell you where to sell it. Then if they do, let me know, as I have my own business taking barns down and still have about 30,000 bf stacked with no one to buy it. Have only sold 1 load this year. Good luck on your purchase. Jamie

5. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Battery, little gas, new plugs, oil change...DRIVE THE FUCKER RIGHT OUT!! hahaha nice score!

6. greaser

greaser

While your thinking about it, have her look for the title.
    Get moving on this or it'll be gone!

7. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

The grill sells for 5 bills or more! What else do ya need to know! Go get it!

Nice find!

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wish i could find something like that around here-i wouldn't be wasting any time, i'd be yankin' that son of a bitch the hell out of there.

9. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

grab the IH oil barrel to haul on the bed of the truck.

10. metalman

metalman

Tearing down that barn is a big job (been there, done that) but people do it all the time for salvage rights. I never made enough selling the wood to make the job worth it. Great truck, I agree, it's a 34 looking at the hood emblem. Wonder how long it's been sitting there.

11. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Thanks everyone for the replies. After alot of thought I realize that getting the truck out will be to big of a task for myself. Running my own business I have very little free time as it is. I do strongly feel that the truck needs to removed before the barn collapses the rest of the way. One good wind storm could be the end of it. I will be talking with the owner today to get her thought on what should be done. One of my thoughts was to have a HAMB barn raising (tear down).
    Get a group together to save this old truck. I am also not interested in purchasing the truck because I have other projects that I really need to finish first. But It would be great if the truck went to someone here on the HAMB. Hey, it's just an idea that I had over night. Give me your thoughts how to make this possible.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  12. Dtake

Dtake

Well, it's very possible!! I'll buy it, and I'll bring a crew out there to finish the barn job and get the truck. I'll pm you my phone number. Thanks, Jamie

13. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

poweredby,

32 and 33 have two beadlines, while the 34 have three beadlines. 32 has the separate firewall and instrument panel, while 33 and 34 firewall is part of the cowl and instrument panel is part of the dash.

http://idisk.mac.com/forever4/Public/pages/cabidentification.htm

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  14. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

1934.. Worth about 4-5 Grand.. E-Bay could even go more depending on what the rest of it looks like.

15. those questions you are asking already have an answer, and it should be VERY OBVIOUS as to what to do....

16. A bare '33 cab just sold on eBay for $3100...............no firewall, dash or door insides.
    I would be allover that thing!

17. fuel

fuel

A bare 33 cab sold for $3100 on Ebay? Holy Shit! Can you send me a link to the listing? I would really appreciate it. I want to see what kind of shape it was in. I have a 33 ford cab and I need some $$$ to finish my sedan.

Sorry for going on a tangent. Back to the regularly scheduled post...

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  18. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The truck is a 34. The hood sides will have a Ford Oval midway down the louvers with a V8 emblem beneath it making the louvers near and under the emblems shorter than the rest. Only the 34 had the stainless trim around the grille bars and the diecast nose piece with the Ford cloissonne emblem in it at the top running up and back to the radiator cap. Of course, the cab will have the large top bead in the beltline moulding on the back panel which does not go around the corners of the cab.
    It IS a goodie even just to rob the cab and other sheet metal for a small pickup project.

You, sir, are a fine fellow for giving this up to another HAMBer without asking a finder's fee which you clearly should have.

If the barn is assembled with pegs, etc, and where necessary, cut nails rather than wire nails, that would date it into the very early 20th century back through the mid 19th century, I believe. The wood does have great value BUT the market is cyclical and perhaps not great right now.

19. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Thanks Pasadenahotrod,
    Appreciate the kind words. At this point I am still waiting to hear more on the truck. The wind blew real hard here in upstate NY last night and I kept wondering how that barn is holding up. I will keep everyone posted on how things transpire as soon as I find out more. Looking forward to posting pictures of someone pulling the old Ford out of there. I have also been contacted by a old car magazine who would like to do an article on the truck being saved. Real cool stuff.:)

20. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

great, now i gotta start looking at colapsed barns too!:D

21. i'm straped for the cash to pay for the truck..but i have over 30 tears of demolition brackground ..did the ground work and prep for the Hudson Implosion in Detriot..the largest amount of structure ever imploded....link to the vid....http://www.history.com/video.do?nam...=1676043206&bclid=1672161126&bctid=1616700099

i also did all the design for supportting the Henry Ford Dearborn Museum building for tieing in the I Max theater....where i had to design shoring to hold up 2 storys of the structure as we demo'ed the walls out for the tie in...and this building was quarter turned support wise...they never moved any of the artifact or displays...
    and tons of fire burnt wooden structures...

point?????????? i know i could get that ttruck out.....

22. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Maybe you could tell her you'll clean up the mess and cart it all away in turn for the truck?
    That way you'll seem like such a nice boy and sell all the good wood to get some cash to fix up the ole' truck.

23. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I Can tell you,

Money or No Money.. To Many Projects or not .... If the Barn/Truck was available to me in MY Town .....

No one would even hear about it till i had the Truck & the Barn in my Possession.

Anyone who is going to pass on a '34 Big Truck & a Load of Vintage Barn Wood for $500.00 & Labor to Demo it is in my Eyes NOT a True Car Guy.

You could make any $$ out lay back in a short time seiing the Barn Wood & have a Free truck excluding some Labor.

Shit, I would Miss Work for a WEEK to Demo that barn !!

24. Wicked50

Wicked50

Do those early year commercial trucks have the same size cabs as 1/2 ton trucks

25. +2 here! We could all use the good vibes. You get out of this life what you put into it.
    Bet the lady could use the money. At least the warm fuzzies.:cool:

26. James427

James427
    BANNED

From what I understand, the market for barnwood ended when people stopped paneling thier dens with it about 20 years ago. The BEAMS on the otherhand are a different story. Lots of people still looking to use them for new construction projects. The bigger and longer they are (and hand hewn) the more value) Maybe not as many as two years ago with the down turn of the economy. Truck is cool though. I'd have for sure made a move to get it.

27. billylo

billylo

Whatever happens. Cool pictures and cool story. I wish I lived closer I would like to have the truck and the old lumber. My 2 cents.

28. Cool story..... depending on where upstate you are I am only a few hours away and I would be happy to come get that truck!

29. Chally

Chally

Cool story indeed...

B smart in getting her out in the open...

Wish I was closer...

30. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'd go for it. That's a once in a life time find .........

Doug