Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back in Black! rpu build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dodgerodder, Apr 12, 2009.

1. rodncustom

rodncustom

2. cball

cball

beautiful work!! Keep the pics coming....

3. HOTRODDORK

HOTRODDORK
    from Michigan

Lookin good !!!

4. Skirv

Skirv

Beautiful Dan, beautiful. So.....black it is.

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Oh yea, now your going to try to tell me that was your idea...hey, it's all fair for who ever get's it done first!!:D

6. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Dan,Glad to see that its finally coming together for you.

7. striper

striper

Black injynes are so.....last week

[​IMG]

Hey...and go easy on the teal thing

[​IMG]
    OK?

Cutting a little too close to the bone there:D

8. striper

striper

Of course my engine is painted in 3 year old rattle can enamel. That Imron looks beautiful. My heap is not worthy of such nice paint. Looking great.

Oh yeah. You reinforced my reason for running 3 bolt carbs. I never get them on backwards.

Pete

9. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Well, for now. I might redo the entire car again before it is finished:rolleyes:

Thanks man!

Keith, that WAS my idea, don't try & steal my thunder! Plus we all know that anybody will finish their car before me.....

Heap??? We should all be so lucky to build such a "heap"!! Your car is looking kick @ss! I love the color, it fits the car really well.

And, for the record-I could STILL put 3 bolt carbs on backwards:p

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

HAHAHA...since were so close to the bone, you must be goin with the pink wheels, right striper???:D

That's looking awesome, real nice color and the Nailhead is looking good also!:cool:

11. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Well, we got a ton done in the past couple nights, & I now have a completely assembled motor! I kinda treated myself to all polished stainless ARP bolts for everything on the motor & tranny, since I needed most bolts anyways. Totally traditional no, but they look real nice against the black, I must have used a gallon of anti-seize putting it together:eek:

Friday night after work I can finally get the motor & tranny bolted in the frame, and I am really excited. Then we can work all day Saturday on hopefully firing the thing up:D

Well, here's a few pics as it sits, time for bed, morning will come early tomorrow. BTW, yes, I will be painted the distributor cap black:p Thanks for looking

Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  12. Very nice truck. I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished. Glad to see you got all the carbs on the right way this time around.:D

13. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

I hope you have a small kid that is going to get the job of crawling around under and above the frame keeping the brass freeze plugs all nice and shiny with Brasso. :rolleyes:

But besides that your engine is NICE shows the amount of detail you are putting into your project.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My engine IDing sucks, is that a Poncho?

15. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That engine looks awesome, Dan...I see you had some help from your father getting the carbs squared away!!:D

Good luck this weekend.

16. cball

cball

That engine is a piece of jewelry.. looks great.

17. lookin great dan!

18. Great job, looking great.

19. Awesome, gonna be nice when finished, can't wait to see it!

20. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks! Actually, I put that carb backwards on purpose, just to see how many would catch it:p

I actually arranged for Carmen Electra to do a monthly freeze plug polishing while wearing daisy dukes:D

My & my dad were just talking about how this won't be terribly easy to identify. It is a 455 olds. You don't see many with tripower, as no aftermarket manifolds were available-only the 66' w30 442's had it available, & they only made something stupid like 1200 of them. I am glad to have it!

Yep, I still need plenty of adult supervision:p

I am excited to get it fired finally!

Thanks man!
    Yep, I agree! The wires will be black, and I will definitely paint the cap black too. The oil filter will be on there so short before I change it that I can deal with it. It actually photographs more yellow, but it is kind of gold. Gold is traditional, right?:D:D

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Very nice. I am always happy to run on to your progess posts. You do exellent work.

22. Stone

Stone

The engine and chassis are lookin great.

23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll bite, what is the tank off of?

Dodgerodder: great build!

24. HotRod33

HotRod33

That thing is just awesome.....

25. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

tractor ;) ,way kool !

26. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

The kool thing,is that when this Rod is in all the Hot Rod mags around the world,we can say ,we watched that thing get built..........bloody top job mate,have been thinking of ya after the PC hassle.Good to see things are back on track for you.

27. Yeah, almost looks like my 425 Olds ;)

28. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks for all the support guys, it means a lot!!

Well, I didn't get it fired, but still made great progress this weekend. We got the motor & tranny mounted in the frame finally, and I am really excited!

I still have lots of little things to do to get the thing fired up, but it won't take much to get there. I am so happy to finally get a glimpse of what I have been picturing in my head for so long, it's a good feeling.

Here's an overdose of how it sits tonight, thanks for checking it out. I am anxious to post up a you-tube first fire-up:D:D

P.S.-I DID paint the distributor cap black tonight, I swear!:p:p

Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  29. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

30. Dan that is freaking art!!! This truck kicks ass already and you don't even have a body on it. Great work.