Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stray Kat 500 dewey ,ok

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twotallokie, May 6, 2009.

1. Just wanted to thank everone for a great time this weekend and i met alot of new friends.Where else can you have bad weather and still have 280 some cars and everone having a good time not just sitting around gripping about everthing like alot of shows. This show is about good times, good friends and hot rods and customs. This by far is my favorite show!!

Thank you Travis "twotallokie"

2. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

I bet it is when you only have to walk 50 feet to the show!!!! HAHA It was nice meeting ya Travis!

3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Travis, one of the things that makes the SK500 so good is your Oklahoma hospitality. It was great talking to ya

Duncan

4. 40bcool

40bcool
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa,Ok

I went to this show not knowing what to expect. I have only heard guys talking about it always good. After driving there on Friday after noon cold and wet i put my roadster in twotallokie's shop. His shop was dry and warm i was in bad need of both. I think i was the only dummie to drive a roadster with out a top. You think that at 63 you would get smarter than that.
    There was a steady stream of people coming by asking about the car.it's a 29 on 32 rails with a 34 C model banger motor with a miller schoiefield ohv head. This set up was seen in magizine only by most of the people.Needles to say i had the only 40's to early 50's hot rod there There were about 10% of the old timers there that new alot more than i do about the car. When i say old timers i mean 64 and older,just kidding. Every time i take the car some where i find out more about tha era. I have found that if you keep your mouth shut you learn alot more.
    Any way this was a great car show thanks for having me.
    40BCOOL:D:D:D

Attached Files:

5. spinner

spinner

Hey Travis Thanks for showing me around your shop . I enjoyed visiting with you . Did you catch that banner thief? HA! I hope to see you in FT. SCOTT.......Dale

6. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

great show.... great cars...great people...enough said!:D

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Travis is the newest "Stray Kat" ....Wow are we blessed to have such a kool
    guy to join up with us. Travis was dissapointed that his Coupe was not ready
    for the show, but I told him that he had one of the koolest displays.

Beside his '30 Ford Coupe, Travis is restoring a Carl Green custom. It is a Pacer
    delivery and he will restore it too its 70's Glory. Years ago the car had been running
    around Dewey and I was just waiting for the chance to buy it. Travis stayed with it
    and its not for sale. Maybe I can ride in it some day....

Thanks Travis for all of your help!!

Happy Trails,

Mick

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  8. gonmad

gonmad

Nice to meet you travis. Awesome for you to open your shop up to us hooligans and our curtain climbers!! LOL.

9. 41woodie

41woodie

Jim you did a great job of cropping the photos of the roadster so the enclosed trailer didn't show!! Seriously I'm glad to see you being able to enjoy the roadster it's a neat little car. If you really need to sell it hopefully that will happen, otherwise you can continue to drive the wheels off.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The show was great...carravanned up Sat. in the pouring rain...good test for the new 'lectric wipers... but around 11am the skies cleared...weather was beautiful.

Travis' shop is cool...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since you just put on electric wipers this year and they worked. How about
    trying a sun roof next year... ha,ha,ha,

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Ya know, the trouble with getting old is the early stages of CRS start...I wanted to meet 3WLarry, but didn't even know he was there...or what he was driving...and I was so busy looking at other cars there, I plain forgot...

Lar, hit me up at Joplin, willya...I should be driving my primered '55 Caddy...

R-

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll help ya out and introduce ya at the HAMB drags....... Kan't wait to see the Caddy.

14. forgot to add had a good time wacthing the Push Rods saturday night at the motel nice to met all the hambers

15. 41 mopar

41 mopar

Travis, thanks again for helping me with my trailer. Dinner is on me at Red Ball in May. Like your Man Cave. Its awesome. Kool Amc gotta love them.

16. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Nice meeting you Travis, the Pacer is awsome. My 50 Nash is the grandfather of AMC. Neat shop and thanks for the hospitality.