Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whose weird, wild, Hemi coupe is this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, May 5, 2009.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These are from HAMBBONE's posts...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. bigolds

bigolds

This thing is badass. It's a work of art...unfinished, but a work of art. The motor is a jewel!!! I think I get the wheels...maybe the builder is trying to reach for the A's roots (weren't wooden spokes available then ?). I only hope that they are billet painted to look as wood!!!!

3. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

those technically aren't McCullochs, they are early paxton SN (short-nose) series. I know same company but, the VS-57s MuCulloch made had longer noses to incorporate the variable ratio pulley set-up

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

5. that is just plain SICK. i love it. i wonder what those wheels are off of.

6. Hey you guys have a good eye on the leaf spring. The spring definitely has to be stacked in reverse to function properly. I built this car over an 8 month period. Working on plumbing ane electrical right now.see you at the la roadster show in june

7. The wheels are off on old ( early 1900's) pull mower i had picked up for yard art. Who woulda' thunk they would end up no a hot rod

8. These are the early 1957 long noses shortened up. Didn't need the clutch mechanism fot this setup

9. Labold

Labold

Nice work HAMBBONE! I dig it.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow. the construction pics show it in a better light. I take back everything I said. very cool. ...

except for the front wheels.:eek:

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Something like THIS??

[​IMG]

12. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Can't wait to check this out in person at the roadster show! I love it! It's totally different, fun and bitchen. The thing about the front wheels....I think its the tires that make it look...unsafe, although I'm not sure what tires would work other than the ones hambone has on it. If they can drive the purple people eater, they can drive this thing. LOVE the grill too! With that engine setback and chop I bet it's tiny inside though.

13. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

14. 31whitey

31whitey

Man...some of you guys can get the zipper down and on your knees fast enough when someone bolts together a Model A, runs juice breaks, and white walls....wupeeeee....

Then this guy builds something, creative, unique, and badass...and you fags bitch about it...geeez.

way to go man....

I with SCOOT on wanting to know more about the motor....

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a terrible illness, isn't it!? :eek:

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Its wicked..no doubt

personally the complete wheel and tire combo leaves me cold..but it aint mine.

like to see something like the combo thats on the "Cancer car"
    or something like that...big and meaty out back and spindle mounts..or skinny salt flat disc type up front , so you could keep the brakes up front..because it sure looks like yer going to need them..unless this would just go real fast in a straight line..
    or just be a trailer queen.

17. Hard to be critical of wheels IMO, as they are such a personal taste item...

I bet with adequate rolling stock, combined with the crazy setback of the hemi, it would be a kick in the ass to ride in...really a unique looking hot rod.

I can't wait to see a better picture of it with the hood installed...
    [​IMG]

18. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

dose anyone know where i can get a set of those wire wheel covers. like whats on the rear of this coupe....

19. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kevin Lee. They look like Spun wheel covers.

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

EXACTLY what I was thinking! That looks pretty cool!

22. 65 impala

65 impala

pretty crazy looking beast

23. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think it is pretty bitchin'. I hope it ends up with a real paint job though....

24. Mopar34

Mopar34

Great looking hotrod. A real piece of art and definitely kool as a show car, but not sure I would want to drive it cross country without making some serious changes to it's drivabilitiy features.

But still a damn neat looking piece of eye candy.:cool:

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! Thanks for the photo with the hood. When I was a younger kid I'd build AMT models like that, glad to see one in real life.

26. I think it is pretty cool .For me the problem with the front wheels is definitley the brakes it would have looked better with just the wheels. Fabrication work is all top notch.

27. I'm diggin' this "A"......It is truly a work of rolling art....A standout no matter where it goes.....I would love to pick your brain on this build!

28. volken65

volken65

that's crazy... i like it:D:D:D

29. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Weird, alot of you like his RAT ROD, yes its a Rat rod. I myself, I can dig it, I dont mind and like alot of Rat Rods, but this is just F'd up. To take a piece of art like that beautiful hemi, and put it in a rat, he should be severely beatin with a ratfink figurine.

30. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston