Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Indiana 5W barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel pump, May 4, 2009.

1. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I got an email today from a friend telling me about a new barn find his buddy made in south west Indiana. As the story goes the guys cousin found it while doing some work at an 80 year old's house. Its been sitting for over 50 years. Do any of you Indiana guy know or know of this 32?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

wow..holy crap...unreal..you suck...nice find

3. racemad55

racemad55

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

:eek::cool::eek:

Speachless, some people are just lucky I guess:D

5. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

That is amazing. Great find.

6. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

Some guys have all the luck.

7. brady1929

brady1929

wow that is a really nice car. just when your think they are all gone.

8. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

Wow. Very nice!

9. It never ceases to amaze me when someone finds a car that is as desireable as a deuce and it has been out of sight and still right under everybodys noses.

What can I say,,,it doesn't look like it is still in that barn,,,congrats to the new owner! HRP

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sonofabitch!

now you know if you guys keep finding these 32's..there aint going to be a barn find for me to stumble on:mad:

sweet find man..you suck:D:cool:;)

11. That's just about enough to send me into a jealous rage...

Are you sure someone didn't just glue all of their NOS parts together as a practical joke?

I would almost suggest that it deserves a restoration...don't shoot me...I'm just saying...that thing is ridiculously clean, or at least appears so.

12. rick finch

rick finch

That is one nice car.........wonders never cease!

13. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Wow... congrats on a great find! :)

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

I am speechless, so cool.

15. fucco

fucco

if only i had that kinda luck!.........id be lucky to find a clean K car lol

16. I love it! What is hard to believe is that it is in primer and sat 50 years and looks like that . . . I just don't see it! Unless it was in a climate controller and DRY environment, there would be rust all over it (and the bumpers as well). Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but it doesn't look like it sat that long.

With that said, who gives a crap! It is one fine deuce and I'd LOVE to have it :D

17. Fogger

Fogger

Many years ago it was thought that all the '32 Fords had been located. WOW this one looks great, lets all hope there's still more to be found. Terrific find, congrats. The FOGGER

18. 56truk

56truk
    from piqua,ohio

Every time there is a Barn find it makes you envious and happy for the finder. I always wonder what some one pays for such treasures? Are their finds worth what they pay? or does the thrill of the find overpower their judgement? I know that some finds are priceless and it really doesn't matter.

19. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I dunno, seems awfully clean for 50 years in the rust belt. Was it kept in bubble?

Cool find and congrats!

20. rodncustom

rodncustom

I got that same email. Here is the text...

"
    Dear Fellow Car Guys,

You hear of guys and original “barn finds”. Well, I must share this story with you.

My friend, George, called me yesterday and said that he had something for me to see. He was most secretive about it. So I went over this morning and what do I see approaching his house but a bone-stock, unmolested 32 Ford 5-Window Coupe with a swarm of guys all over it!!! I’m telling you it was unbelievable site: an all steel original stock 32 5-window!!! And George had the biggest ear-to- ear smile you have ever seen. Here’s what he looked like:

[​IMG]After a while I got the details. George’s son-in-law works construction for a local utility company that was performing some field construction in the area. One afternoon earlier this week he was very hot and in the front yard of an older gentleman’s house. The old man asked if he would like to come up and sit in the shade to cool off. As he was sitting there he noticed what looked like an old car behind a bunch of cardboard in the adjacent garage. He asked what it was and the old man replied that it was a stock 32 Ford 5-Window Coupe that he had had for over 50 years and had rebuild from the ground up. In fact it hadn’t been licensed or driven since 1954. Of course the next question was whether it was for sale. The elderly gentlemen said that he was 78 years old and had just recently decided it was time to sell the car.

George was immediately contacted. George went by and couldn’t believe his good fortune and made an immediate deal to buy the 32 from the old gentleman. It was an unbelievable find. The car had been sitting in a garage located less than 3 miles from George’s southwestern Indiana home for over 50 years. After 3 concerned, sleepless nights, George finally was able to pay him and pick up the car.

The attached pictures will attest to the quality of “George’s Garage Find”. Needless to say you can see why George can’t stop smiling!!!!

Enjoy"

21. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

without pictures, it doesn't exist!

22. snowmann

snowmann
    from Sabin MN

Sweet find, barn cars are even more exciting if it was a steal..........so whada your buddy pay for it?

23. rodncustom

rodncustom

There are pictures. Can you not see them?

24. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

The red oxide primer looks much more recent,and so do those radial tires......

25. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

26. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I think he meant pics of it in the barn...

27. greaseguns

greaseguns

I'll adopted it !!

28. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Its a really nice car, regardless of what may have been done to it in the last 50 years

29. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Its mine I just forgot where I put it. No really send it to ky. :p:p Great looking car. Great find.

30. Billet

Billet

Interesting story, I 'm trying to figure out the correct category : Urban myth, folk tale, fairy tale, cock and bull...Bed time I guess you can each chose. Of course like everyone else-I want to believe.