Register now to get rid of these ads!

If money wasn't an issue, wot kind of rod would you build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Dec 29, 2008.

1. duste01

duste01

There is one in my head that I would like to build, but alas there is that money thing again. It would be a one-off, involving two inline straight 6 ford 300's and some extensive flowing '20's body lines, and a roadster of course. I have the drive train worked out as a twin engine to resemble a v12 and thoughts of deusenburg, mercedes, cord and auburn come to mind. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

2. I'd just buy the Moal built deuce coupe George Poteet had at the GNRS. Page 52 Street Rodder June 09. Probably the nicest car in any of the buildings!

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

If I had that pile of money I would not even consider building a hot rod. I would by an island somewhere and build a big ass compound and have me a few trophy girlfriends floating around it.

Oh and I would have the baddest, fastest boat money could buy!

4. mi novia26

mi novia26
    from Montclair

i would buy back my 26 rodster i sold to Plan9 and buy back the frame, rear end, front end .....ect,ect. from every one that bought from me. dam it!! i miss her

5. If money wasn't an issue ... I'd build a four engine tire burner like Ivo's ....

[​IMG]

Yeah, baby! I'd be the darling of the neighborhood!!! Take that doll out on the street at 3am and let her rip!

6. ... and then I'd buy this nifty little kit car to tinker with .... :D

[​IMG]

7. After turning 60 and watching some of my friends get sick and/or die, I decided I was gonna buuild the exact car I really wanted...I may not get another chance! So, I searched out 33-34 ford coupe parts and even though I never thought I'd ever be able to afford one, I've pieced together this......no, it ain't done and there's a long way to go but hey, I really am working on my dream car!.........a 33-34 ford coupe.

Attached Files:

8. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

A 65 ford f100 crew cab

9. ....an all billet 32 ford

10. patina steve

patina steve

Maybe I could buy one of those P -38 Belly Tanks on ebay.

11. patina steve

patina steve

I forgot if the pile of money was real big I could put some 18" accesory wheels on my P -38 Belly tank to.

12. MONKEEMOBILE with roll up windows a real blower and A/C........ LOL

13. I'd build a 1950 Hudson Pacemaker coupe with a 426 Hemi engine in it, along with a four-link Ford 9" rear, black with black cherry scallops, and a white pleated interior with dark red and black accents.

14. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

15. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

me too

16. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

[​IMG]

I reckon nobody's chopped a 53 BMW 502, so it needs doing. PM me if you see one in a boneyard.

17. This is a vehicle I must build, not purchase, correct? Well, then, I'd have to begin with an education in metalworking, mechanics, etc. Then an equipped shop. That done, I'd probably select a post-war four door convertible of some kind. Power, fun, A/C, loud music, and not too fussily finished, lest one hesitate to relax and have fun with it.

18. 1930srodderz

1930srodderz
    from cary, NC

build a ricer... sike lol
    buy a ton of land and build a 300 car garage. then get loads and loads of projects 1920+ and fill er up. get a bunch of buddies and get to work

19. H3O

H3O

i'd have my truck done and a 54 chevy, and a 32 roadster.
    the truck would be a nice parts getter.
    54 chevy would be chopped 3 1/2" in front and 5" in back. make it the cruiser.
    32 ford would be my hot rod. cadillac motor, high boy, white interior,
    paint it dark red metallic. wide whites. make it classy.

20. Brewton

Brewton

If money was no object - it wouldn't be one car! But if I had to limit it to one....
    '32 Ford Roadster, Hi -boy, Flathead with Aurdun heads, ScoT blower...... late '40s early '50s style.

21. One of these for a start. :)

Attached Files:

22. Abomb

Abomb

Wow, Judging from the list, there's more than a few closet street rodders in here.

Me too, I guess, it would be a 32 through 34 ford coupe with all the amenities. And a tudor to match the coupe, then a nice 55 chevy hardtop, and then a 49 through 51 merc, and then a 59 chevy wagon, and then..............

Obviously there'd be some traditional rods scattered throughout the collection, I don't think you can beat the timeless good looks and purity of function of the classic traditional hotrod.

Then again, A/C is nice when you want to tour the country for a month in a hotrod.

23. Cool pic. Looks like a P-38

24. I toured the western US for 6 weeks in my 70 Boss 302 with 3:91s and the gool old 2-70 A/C and AM radio. Of course that was the summer of 1974 and I was 19. I'd still do it in a rodney in a heart beat:D

25. I've got it, a 36 Ford pick-up. I just need the money to build it.

Charlie!!

26. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

I've always wanted to hot rod the original "gentleman's hot rod", a 1952 Bentley Continental Type R, the ones delivered with no heater, radio, light weight bucket seats... lots of potential.

27. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Yeah, I think it does too.

28. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

If money was'nt the issue ..

Would'nt be online answering this question :D

29. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

I would love to do a vintage style roadster 36 Plymouth with 50's v8 mopar power (not necessarily hemi).
    Rebecca

30. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Relax...... Thread police.

Buzz