Register now to get rid of these ads!

Evans coolant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sunsetdart, May 2, 2009.

1. sunsetdart

sunsetdart

Has anyone here ever used Evans coolant. I have it in my hot rod and have never had a problem. Just wondering if anyone else is using it.

2. Joes50

Joes50

I was going to use it but you need to run their water pump, thermostat and coolant. I was already set-up with a Stewart Pump and high flow thermostat so I didn't go with the evans product.

Joe

3. I use it in my cars, stock water pumps, 0-4 psi rad caps, and a nice catch can. Works great, no problems at all. And cause my shit sits all winter long, no fear of freezeing either because there is no water in the system. Never goes bad, and is safe around animals. Other than it costs more, I would recomend it to anyone. Just my two cents...

4. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

I think Evans coolant is just Propylene Glycol, the same stuff Walmart sells for RV antifreeze. With a better label and advertising budget.

Please correct me if someone knows for sure that there's more to it than that.

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I use it in my deuce. Never had any problems and love the way it runs cool. I have had my deuce in 107 degrees and ran the a/c.

6. storm king

storm king

Been wanting to for years, told you had to start with a dry system, can't just replace anti-freeze with it. So waiting until my next engine build.

7. john56h

john56h

I've run it...no need to change water pumps, thermostats or radiators, but they do offer hard-parts for a "complete system" if you desire.

It does work because it doesn't boil. So, even if you run hot, the coolant doesn't get steam pockets and you don't lose coolant.

Expensive, but if your system doesn't leak it should last a good long time.

8. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

I run it with no problems.