Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted: A quality machine shop in Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, May 3, 2009.

1. The dude who rebuilt my nailhead isn't doing it anymore. Looking for a reputable machine shop in Austin who likes working on sixties stuff.
    High quality individuals who care about quality. Did'nt want to highjack the
    other "machinist" thread. Thanks.

2. Andy

Andy

San Antonio Auto Machine. Great people and great quality work. 210 227 8281

3. ghetto shelf

ghetto shelf

Call Larry at Performance Plus Machine on Cameron Road in Austin.512-837-5850.He builds all of the oddball stuff and high end go fast stuff for our shop.He is expensive, but then again you don't really want cheap machine work,and he has been doing this for a long time.

4. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Classic Jaguar has a machine shop that is a seperate shop from their restoration shop. Our very own Kevin Silva works there and is currently machining a 330 DeSoto Hemi. They've got a beautiful facility and can more than handle vintage machine work. They're also not that far from you.......

5. 30roadster

30roadster

Vilas Motorworks in Bryan, Texas
    They have great communication and care about their work.

6. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Texas Engine Machine in LLano

7. Larry, at Performance Plus, built my Caddy engine and I'm very happy with the quality of his work.

8. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

ifYou don't bring it to larry, sooner or later, You will wish that You had.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

10. Thanks LUX, GHETTO SHELF and SLICK 50. I took my 327 short block to Larry along with a set of camel hump heads. He swapped the roller cam out for a milder grind and set up my heads. We got to talking and he's one of the few machinists I've met that actually likes working on the vintage stuff. He ain't cheap but he knows his stuff, imho. I'll definitely be back, but hopefully not too soon. As warned, he ain't cheap but I feel lioke I was in good, and extremely competent company. Thanks again, HAMBers!