Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any tractor guys on the H.A.M.B.??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silent_Orchestra, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinc

kevinc
    from highland

anybody got olivers? we got seven at work, super 77 diesel, 2 88s, and a new 88 with a big block(out of a 1800) that has been bored, stroked, and is expected to make over 100 hp i dont have any pics with the tins all done though. i guess its sorta a hotrod:cool: these are all setup for pulling and the rest are yard tractors we use around the shop.

0623071643.jpg

IMG00075.jpg

IMG00076.jpg

Attached Files:

2. flatblak51

flatblak51

smokey.jpg anybody have a sears suburban .. this one running since 1967 .

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I have a 8N that is currently dead, It is on my to do list for tomorrow. I would like to get a '20's Fordson to restore. I also know where there is a '40's(?) Ford powered combine that I have had thoughts of trying to buy and restore.

4. I have some 8N 9N Ford parts & repair manuals & some for other tractors all factory manuals if any one is interested

5. My brother, up in Sanger, has a shit mess of old tractors. He talked me into a Cat Twenty Two last year. I work on restoring it when I'm up at his place. Yes, a lot more difficult to work on than a Model A!

6. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

My Uncles slow racing tractor, so far the slowest tractor in the state. (if thats something to brag about!)

7. cjrolke

cjrolke

8. Philbilly

Philbilly

I work for a CAT dealer full time. I need to post some old antique tractors that we have at work.

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

a couple of additional shots from a day at the track

Attached Files:

10. T-Rex

T-Rex
    from Ohio

Oliver 60,Farmall H,Huber B,and a Silver king tractor keep my 57 Chevy and 65 Impala company in the garage.

11. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Oh yea old tractors ....just another form this affliction takes .......Farmalls,fords and AC's oh my .....

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

13. westase1

westase1

I got a 48 International Farm All Cub Lowboy

14. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

The garden tractor collecting hook got sunk in me deep !I took a small engines repair class taught by a hot rodder BIG MISTAKE ! the "collecting started before the course was mid way I have somewhere around 3 dozen right now!I have 4 I need top pick up this week best part is they were almost all free !Double tiered you can keep 12 tractors in the space of 1 full size car.There are a bunch of "clubs" out there for mini tractor guys and a few magazines as well start with
    Lawn And Garden Collector Magazine
    P.O. Box 334 Stafford Tx. 77497
    It's a great magazine covering all makes of lawn and garden tractors,You'll find info on different groups in it like Cub Cadet clubs and Wheel Horse clubs in my limited research so far I have found out that MTD made most of the mini tractors out there even though they carried names from other Manufacturers like Ford Craftsman Etc. it's a good chance that MTD built them.L&G Magazine has run several good articles on this.
    Anyone interested in "Mini tractors" convienient to 06255 zip code lets meet up !My only full size tractor was a 1960 Massey Ferguson 202 Work Bull with a loader and self levelling hydraulics wish I never sold it sold lots of cars and never missed them but I sure miss my Massey.

15. Went over to the farm and took some pictures.:eek: OldWolf

Attached Files:

16. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

I have your twin. Dad bought it new with disc and plow.

17. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

My in laws had an ice storm that wrecked all of their trees. The old 9N wouldn't start. But we went down the next weekend and I got it sorted out for him. Carb and ignition, it sits alot. He worked the living hell out of that old gal, a front loader on it. He's in his '70's but he was the first one in the whole area to have a spotless lawn, even the people who had hired tree services. He had a boom truck and crew get the dangerous ones down, but from there, an Echo chainsaw, the old 9N, and the car trailer. Not only tough tractors, but a tough guy!

They don't make them like they used to. He and my mother in law farmed in South Dakota until they moved to Missouri in 1980. Both of them have more heart than most people half their age. The new equipment is OK.

But I still love the old Minnie Molines, the Fords, Farmalls, Olivers and ACs.

18. Gene Winfield Rod&Custom

Gene Winfield Rod&Custom
    from Mojave,Ca

These tractors are great. I grew up on a farm in Ohio. My dad and I have restored a couple of them. I love the Alis Chalmers and the Ford Jubilee. My dad has my grandfathers Cox Shute that he is waiting for me to move back home and help him on.
    Wow real nice stuff fellas. Dewey

19. tractorguy

tractorguy

Damn.....I can just see the price of all that old tractor iron going sky high...our secret is out. Seems old tractors are a natural extension of our internal combustion addiction. I grew up helping my dad on an old Case VAC. I helped a neighbor on an Allis Chalmers WD-45. I also used an Oliver 60 to haul oats. I spent that summer on my uncle's farm and I took my new Honest Charley catalog to sit on the front porch and dream of building a rod.
    Curently I have mostly Case tractors including VAO orchard tractor, 300 round nose, two 530's. My brother has two buildings full of mostly unrestored John Deere. My tractors share the shed with my basket case 35Chev coupe, two dirt track midgets, an old sprint car and an Indian and Harley basket case.......and they all seem to share a basic kinship....kind of cool.
    I think more and more car people have been drawn to the honesty and simplicity of tractors after being burnt out on some of the collector car scene......but, we are already seeing "gold chainer" restored John Deeres which are restored more like million dollar classic cars than workhorse tractors.

20. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

If you go to the DeWitt Auction in Sikeston, MO regularly you will see some older stuff go through. There's a bunch of stuff out back. Also, I don't know if he is still in business, but Perry's in Bertrand, MO had a lot of old stuff too.

21. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Wow...I didn't think this thread would take off like it did...Keep it goin'!
    I've got a sub. for Lawn and Garden Collector.. It's a great mag, they just need to make it a monthly deal, instead of every 2 months..

I just got 2 new little mowers, an 8hp Swisher Big Mow 3 Wheel/Front wheel drive/zero turn mower... and a 5hp Huffy Fairlane, plus I've got 2 Mustang mowers, a 7hp and an 8hp, and then a Bush Hog rider (don't know the model off hand, but it's sweet, a bit bigger than a 112 J.D.) oh and we've got a late 60's or early 70's New Holland rider with a Johnson Loader, very neat little tractor(don't remember the model)

But aside from that the rest are big J.D.s..

22. Gene Winfield Rod&Custom

Gene Winfield Rod&Custom
    from Mojave,Ca

Wow too cool just like my dads back home in Ohio. He still uses his to mow and plow snow with. It is still a crank start also. Is yours? Looks really good. My dad and I did a full resto on his about 8 years ago.
    Dewey

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We have the family farm tractors still, even though we just rent out the fields now. The oldest is a '29 Irish Fordson. The rest are Minneapolis Molines...

'37 Z
    '46 R with cab
    '53 R
    '50s Z, ZA, and ZB
    '53 UB
    and a 445.

They were all restored in the mid 80s when my uncle got cancer. We stopped farming and took them to tractor shows and state fairs. Did some antique pulling too. He passed away, and for the most part, they have lived in the barn ever since.

We sold off or scrapped all the rest of the equipment. We even had a steam driven threshing machine that we sold to a restorer. The Uni Tractor combine went to the MM huge collector in central Indiana with the roundbarn. I forget his name, but we went to his estate auction, just to see the old combine.

I used to get Toy Farmer magazine, and have a big toy tractor collection. I put them all away into storage. No room and diecast airplanes are more important to display. :D My wife tolerates the airplanes. She's a city girl though, and just didn't understand the tractors. Hahaha!

24. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

We have an event here in Farmington called "Country Days" with a tractor show. Some of those JDs and Farmalls look like they were dipped in their colors, repainted over everything. I don't know if they know it but some of the stuff on those JDs wasn't green :D And not a drop of sweat on any of them, you can tell that the only run time they might have had is to put it on a trailer.

Now down in Perryville, they have a tractor parade, and you do see some work horses out there. There was a Minnie with all of the cowling running along, never repainted. You just knew it was worker, alot of cattle and horses around there and I have seen 2 cyl Johnny Poppers chugging along with a round bale on a pole on each end. That's a treat.

25. skane

skane
    from pa

just sold our farmall 350 utility, but about a half mile up the road from my house once a month they have antique tractor pulls.....very cool:D

26. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

27. I had the guy next door give me a 1942 AC model C and a spare engine . The one on the tractor is stuck, I don't know about the other one.
    All three tires are junk, but the thing is complete.

Lee

28. no55mad

no55mad

My Grandfather bought a new Farmall A with cultivator and plow in Hudsonville Michigan after the war to use on his 25 acres where they made their living. The numbers indicate it is 1946 vintage. I now have it in Calif - it still has the original tires. It has always been stored inside and runs fine. I learned how to drive on this tractor as soon as I could reach the pedals. Learned how to back up a trailer which gave me great skills to win a demolition derby several years later :)

29. Just dont wear a red shirt in a cript,s neighboor hood at any time.

30. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

Heres mine, Its a 1929 AC 20-35 Model E.
    I picked it up in Wisconsin last weekend.

In Wisconsin on Saturday 5/16, loaded and ready for home.

[​IMG]

Back home in Okla on Sunday 5/17 playing in the yard.

[​IMG]

After 3 hours on the steam cleaner.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.