Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello Ya'll !! New guy from Texas Panhandle Area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by match, May 2, 2009.

1. match

match

Hey gang !! I see that introductions are highly regarded, so here I am. A little background ..... My grandfather was into rods back in the 50s / 60s. he was a member of a small car club back then that campaigned a drag roadster at Amarillo Dragway during this time frame. As far back as I could remember, grandad had his rod ('34 Ford pickup) back in the corner of his backyard. Sometime in the early seventies, a lady wrecked into his pickup, and it has been parked ever since. I was born in '72, so I have never even seen the '34 running. For years him and I would talk about getting to work on the '34, and getting it running again. He finally built a shop behind his house, and the pickup was moved inside about 8-10 years ago. Granddad never could find the time to work on the pickup, so it just sat. He passed away about 19 months ago, and my dad was supposed to inherit the '34. Well unfortunately, we lost dad back in September. So, my brother and I are getting the '34. I stumbled across this site searching the internet for pics of 32-34 Fords to get some ideas for how to rebuild this once great ride. I went over to granddad's shop and took some pics of the '34 today, and I'll try to post some for ya'll to see. The truck has been chopped, looks like the bed shortened, and runs a 394 olds. I'm not sure what tranny or rearend is under it. Ditto on the independent front suspension (corvair maybe?) Anyway, I hope to learn lots from everybody, and would love to get ideas as to which direction to take the '34 !! :)

2. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

3. match

match

4. match

match

5. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

6. match

match

7. match

match

8. art.resi

art.resi

Great looking truck. Welcome

9. axe grinder

axe grinder

Welcome aboard from PA........nice intro,nice truck+ good luck!!

10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Ax Grinder Ha ha man you have to have a good attitude with that name love it !!!

11. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Welcome onboard from SoCal.

Good luck with the rebuild. Get her running and drive her as is for a while. Could be entertaining and let you know what direction you might go.

Just my 2 cents,

Mike

www.Customikes.com

12. pecker head

pecker head

Welcome ! nice truck .

13. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome from wellington

and great truck

14. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Welcome from Irving nice ride

15. Welcome from Denton. Sorry to hear about your losses. That is a beautiful truck, do it right and make them both proud. Oh, and don't ever sell it, there is way too much history there (and I can't even imagein the pride you will have once you get it out and driving!!! Keep us posted on the progress. You are in the right place, there is more knowledge and talenton here than you could ever imagine.

16. Welcome to the HAMB, your grandad was a hot rodder alright. Your truck is similar to ones we had around here even to the Olds. mill when I was a teen ager back in the 50's. Try to keep it like he built it, have fun and drive it. From an ol rodder in Pennsylvania.

17. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Welcome from CowTown! Love the truck!

18. match

match

Thanks everybody !!! One thing that may get changed is the front suspension. Over in the corner of his shop is a couple of I beam axles. One appears new, as it is bare metal, and looks to be about a 4" drop. I'm guessing that he was planning on putting a straight axle setup back under it. What do ya'll think, good idea or not ?

19. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Cool truck. Welcome from Dallas. . .

20. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Welcome from Canyon Lake.

Lucky667