Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's with the E&J headlights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdytoo, Nov 30, 2007.

1. alsancle

alsancle

Attached Files:

2. 31Rodder

31Rodder

Clark have you seen a set like this they are identical to the electroline as far as I can tell, however they say SERIES NOR JAY 48? I haven't been able to find any information about these. Anyone?

Attached Files:

3. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Not to get OT here but what does the EandJ stand for?
    Any real history as to how they came about?
    Are they from a car even? sorry but I am also interested in learning where these came from and tired of passing them by at the car shows and not knowing the history.
    Thanks

4. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Okay this solves it.

5. shpotty

shpotty
    from New Jersey

So what's the verdict on Woodlites?

[​IMG]

6. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That can't be good. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JH

7. zorch

zorch

I like 'em. A lot. Never saw them on anything where I didn't like them. Maybe that's just because I like the lights so much.

8. wsdad

wsdad

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elvira looks undecided.

I think the round E&J's go well with the round track nose.

I think you may be on to something there. If they are body color, it tones them down enough to make them look like they could have come from the factory (if you didn't already know better). If they are a different color they stand out too much and look like frog's eyeballs or olives. If there's lots of chrome on the front, they don't look too out of place if they're also chromed, but if there's very little chrome, they look like an after thought or an add-on when they're chromed. Opinions may vary...

I had someone tell me I was building my hot rod to compensate for something I was lacking. I told him I was trying to compensate for my lack of a hot rod. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  9. I remember walking through a show with my dad a couple of years back. There were some guys oogling a car with E & J's and my dad who was 72 at the time and an old Glendale Sidewinders guy, just kind of shrugged. Once we got away from the crowd he asked "What was that all about?" I explained how they are rare and guys think the are cool. He said "just because something is rare doesn't make it cool!" Said he couldn't remember anyone running them in Glendale/ LA area in the 40's or 50's. I later showed him a pic of the Mack T and he commented what a perfect car, except for the headlights. I agree that they look OK on a European style or Indy style car, but a Traditional Hot Rod, doesn't work for me. JMHO

10. I really don't like those

11. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

every one is open for there take on liking some thing or not.... but it's stupid comments like this gold chainer shit that Just baffle me!

12. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Its like a lot of things.Some places they look good; some they don't.

13. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Dug up from 2007, why? :rolleyes:

14. b-a-r

b-a-r
    from Oakland

Had a set on my old coupe. Kinda dug em.. To each his own i guess.

Attached Files:

15. 61bone

61bone

Gonads with eyeballs

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Agree... some things I just never got. Like these lights. And a Duvall windscreen on a T/A or deuce. Duh. It's like wings on a brick. Why don't you see the "aero" stuff on more "aero" cars, like 33 and beyond? Gary

17. slick a&t

slick a&t

I've always liked the way they looked,but i don't like how pricey they are right now.If i want them bad enough,i guess i''ll have to spend the dough.I also like the electrolites,very art deco.