Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

dan31 likes this.
  5. 19Chevy57man

19Chevy57man

I sure dig those 62-65 s/s Morpar pixs...they sure bring back good vibes & memories for me.

6. djcobraman427

djcobraman427

The Oregon State Police used 2 door Dodge 330s, 383 engines, 3-on-the-tree, radio delete, rubber floor mats. I got mine from my Dad and converted it to a SUper Stock look-alike, changing the engine over to a stroked Max Wedge, with a 4 speed and 14" Drag 500s on 5-spoke mags and I drove it around southern Oregon for street race events. It was a bitch when it got cold, as I couldn't keep a heater core together in it...

7. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Forget the protub look,this is an original SS Max wedge Plymouth. Sold new in 1963 in was raced by a dealer in US for one season before comming down under in 1964 where it has been raced ever since. i had photos of it on the wharf in 1964 with little stickers on the hood etc telling people not to lean on the panels because the soft alloy would bend. I even owned the original engine from her for a while.
    [​IMG]
    Here it is in the earlty Sixties actually being raced in a Circuit Rqace by Ash Marshall and Alan Caelli!!. at hume Weir.
    [​IMG]
    Apart from the Nascar cars how many max wedge cars can have any Circuit racing history?:D

8. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

[​IMG]

Thunder Valley Dragways
    Marion, SD

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Weekend bump

10. Rare nascar Rev2 single 4 MW intake. On my street cruiser. 63 426 Max Wedge. 440 2dr hrdtop
    Don

Attached Files:

11. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Here's a shot of my 63 wagon that I am working on. I am trying for the back in the day look even when finished. I have to thank Clay Kossuth for selling me this car, its my favorite car so far. I hope you like how its turning out Clay.

Attached Files:

12. caseyajones

caseyajones

COOL wagon Rolling Thunder! Here's another Mopar wagon with a cool story behind it. Here's the article as seen at hotrod.com

Found!
    Former Record-Holding Stock Eliminator Hibernates For 30 Years
    By Steve Magnante
    Photography by The Hot Rod Archives, Steve Magnante

Where do old race cars go? For most, the path from glory to obscurity is a rapid downward spiral. It begins when they’re pushed outdoors behind the shop to make room for the new race car and ends when they’re either parted out and junked or offered up as “rolling shells” at the swap meet. But for a lucky few, fate is much kinder. What you see here is a true time capsule that was put into storage at the end of the 1970 racing season and, save for the occasional earthquake, hasn’t moved for three decades.

The current owner—John LaDouceur of Temple City, California—tells it like this: “Two years ago, the distinctive tailgate of the wagon was spotted inside a cluttered garage by a young kid who was out riding his bicycle. The kid liked cars, and he told Curt Stimpson (a nationally recognized Mopar Super Stock restorer and fanatic) what he saw. Curt went to the house, but the garage door was closed. After earning the trust of the recently widowed homeowner, she let him see the car.” What Curt found was an unmolested artifact from the SoCal Stock Eliminator wars of the late ’60s. Negotiations to buy the wagon took about 10 minutes. “The lady said the car was in her way for 30 years, and she’d be glad to get rid of it now that her husband had passed away.” The price? Nine hundred bucks!

After removing piles of dusty cardboard boxes from the hood and roof, Curt and fellow Mopar S/S aficionado Bob Mosher put the car on skates and rolled it into the sunlight. It was a once-in-a-lifetime day they’ll never forget. Before them, looking exactly as it did in 1970, stood the Pate’s Tapes & Records “Music Box,” a ’62 Dodge Dart 330 station wagon. Campaigned by Tom and Pat Foley between 1967 and 1970, the Music Box frequently outlasted the opposition in H/Stock eliminations and actually won its class at the ’70 NHRA Winternationals in Pomona. Resting atop shredded Firestone Drag 500 slicks and original-style “round cap” Keystone Classics, the wagon packs dual-quad 383 power, a full-manual pushbutton 727 Torqueflite, fenderwall headers, and nasty 4.88 gears.

Word of Curt’s discovery quickly spread, and the car took on an almost holy aura with many visitors coming to pay their respects. John LaDouceur continues: “When I heard it was lettered up as Pate’s Music Box, I immediately remembered it. I used to work the timeslip booth at the original Irwindale Raceway when I was in high school (’68-’69) and often handed low-12-second slips to the car’s driver, Tom Foley, and here it was once again. I had to own it.” Parked in John’s garage was a pristine, one-owner ’65 Dodge two-door Sedan with 59,000 original miles under its belt. It had radio delete, rubber floormats, and absolutely no rust or dents. In other words, a perfect core for a Hemi Super Stock clone transformation. Curt agreed to a straight-across trade for the Music Box, and both men walked away smiling. Though the wagon doesn’t run, John has plans to freshen the mechanicals and hit the nostalgia drag racing trail later this year.

The next time you’re out for a walk in a quiet neighborhood, remember the story of the Music Box and keep your eyes peeled. You never know what you might find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom Foley dispatches a 455 Stage 1 Buick, one of many opponents he defeated on his way to 1970 NHRA Winternationals gold.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

14. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

17. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

18. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

19. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

20. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

21. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

22. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

X Fenner Tubbs 64 turned into a 65

Attached Files:

• afx.jpg
      afx.jpg
      File size:
      451.3 KB
      Views:
  23. Dennis Holly

Dennis Holly

Color Me Gone and Missile at 65 WinterNationals.
    White 64 is my pride and joy.

Attached Files:

24. caseyajones

caseyajones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Very nice!

26. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

good thread.......

27. morasa

morasa
    from mexico

Hi, I´m really new in this forum, i really liked it since I´m a 60s and 70s mopar car fan. Congratulations for all these pics of the superstock 60`s mopars !!! I´ll soon post some pics of my current project cars: Two 64 330-dodges, two 65 Coronet 440, and a 1966 Coronet-440 all are 2 door hardtops.

28. morasa

morasa
    from mexico

dodge 330, 1964 2dr-hardtop

Attached Files:

29. morasa

morasa
    from mexico

HI, I need advise., please... I found a really nice and clean , rust free and complete 1963 dodge-330 w/ poly 318 engine AND also found a 1964 dodge 330 w/ 318 poly very clean and complete too. Both cars fully functional. The owners want only 1,000 and 1,500 us. dlls for each car. Since I like 2 doors much better than 4 doors, I was thinking to make them 2-door sedans. Question: what do you think about it? SHOULD I cut these cars ? Yes or not and why?? THANKS !!!

30. morasa

morasa
    from mexico

here is a pic of my 1/18 scale, 1964 dodge-330.

Attached Files: