Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any tractor guys on the H.A.M.B.??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silent_Orchestra, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Farmall's -
    F-20
    2 - 'C's
    Super C
    H
    M

They all earn their living 'hobby' farming

2. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

We have a miniature Farmall 560 narrow front end. Built from a 60's Cub Cadet. They have the same body lines. Steve has been restoring and painting tractors for a local guy for about a year and half now. These guys that own these vintage tractors seen to be more down to earth in what it cost to get a quality paint job than the local hotrod and car collectors.

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yes. I don't know why they used it, way before my time I guess.......but I know my store carries it in a spray bomb and in a quart can. I can get you a part number and color number tomorrow if you like.

4. Reds 29

Reds 29

Brandy,
    That would be great if you could get me those numbers. I was thinking it would be good to use as it must have been a finish coat and would withstand the weather etc. that primer wouldn't. Then I will have to find a Case implement store. Didn't they merge with International Harvester a few years ago. I think there is a dealer in Breckenridge, only a few miles from here. Thanks in advance.
    Red

5. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Building a 1936 B John Deere (still have it) started my love and respect for early iron.

6. Big Dad

Big Dad

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

Growing up on a farm gave me a love of machinery. My dad's stuff was always worn-out when he got it and broken down all the time. I would hand him tools and help. Still have a Farmall H and a Massey-Ferguson 65.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Re: O/T Any tractor guys on the H.A.M.B.??

Well Not by choice originally, but I have grown to really dig my Tractor, It's a 1953 Ford "NAA" (the golden jubilee), and it plows and grades my driveway, lifts engines, drag's cars, cuts my field and pulls out stuck in the snow or mud 4WD trucks sometimes,..... "Ol Betsy" earns her oats !

Attached Files:

9. noboD

noboD

OK, if you guys are going to digress to tractor mags, how about the N- newsletter. It's from Vermont? lots of how to and barn finds. Oh yea that's right, they're ALL barn finds. Hey Ryan, how about Tractor Journal?

10. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I have a '51 8N, it's a nice runner, but needs the detail touch. Been a back burner project for the last 5 years or so. My Grandfather had a 9 when I was a kid. We used to ride on the 3 point. I always thought he was giving us 'fun' rides, before he passed he told me he didn't like kids and was trying to throw us off........ That was my Gramps!
    I love that Propane powered Jubilee! The true sign of a sickness when tractors get ya excited!

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yah in the 80s sometime, Case bought out IH. Case is owned by CNH, who also owns IH and New Holland/Ford tractors. That's why they look the same, are mechanically the same, but different colors.:D

I'll get the part number for you. If you can't find a dealer, let me know and I'll get you a list of them local to you or closer.........if all else fails, my store will drop ship anything.

There's a local Ford 8N I want to put a funk/V8 in.:D Vroom vroom vroom!

12. Old Fart 1941

Old Fart 1941
    from Oswego IL

Going on 13 years with my 47 Ford 2N with a loader. Lots of the inards look like they m ight fit the 59A.

13. Well i don't own a vintage tractor,i do have an interest,since my grandfather worked in the Cockshutt plant in Brantford,Ont.

14. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Do garden tractors count? I have a small "herd" of Wheel Horses, I mow my yard with a 1970 and have a '75 I use for moving project vehicles and hanging a snowblower on in the Winter plus a couple 68's waiting for their turn under the wrenches. I also have my Dad's 1948 David-Bradley he bought new and I still have the original sales receipt. It needs a total resto. It got out of the family for a few years but was never more than a half mile from the old homestead. I got it back a couple years ago. I have my eye on another one, always wanted to trick one out with a little chrome, flames and Moon discs with wide whites or some old Firestones on it for parades and something to give the Grandkids (when we get some ) rides behind. You have to love the hoods on those! That "streamliner" hood just begs for a set of Moon discs to go with it!

15. David Chandler

David Chandler

When I was younger my neighbor had an old Farmall that had steel wheels on it. I loved the sound that thing made with it's straight pipe!

16. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

as of right now my grandfather, father, and i have 14 john deere two cylinder tractors and a 44 ford ton and a half flat be truck painted green and yellow. i guess you could say its in our blood. my grandfather worked for a deere dealership as a mechanic back in the 50s and then was hired on by deere as a service rep and moved to hampstead maryland to cover this area for all service info. he is retired now but stil works 2 days a week at a local dealership helping out and keeping himself busy. he actually restored his fathers 44 john deere B to perfect restoration in the early 90s which makes me the fourth generation to drive it and one day own it. no pics of the B but heres a few that i have on the hard drive

Attached Files:

17. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

They did that during the war when rubber was scarce..........they are KILLER neat. My service manger has more resto'd tractors then I can shake a stick at.

He makes me UBER envious!

18. Volvo544special65

Volvo544special65

Still got the Bolinder-Munktell 320 "buster" that my grandfather bought new in 1963, I'll see if I can take any pics someday. :)

19. fordcoup

fordcoup

i've got my Dad's only new tractor he ever bought-45 "H" farmall,I've got a '39 and for farming I've got a 1855 Cockshutt.

20. fuzzface

fuzzface

Ihave a Oliver with a bucket, Ford 8n, and a Massey Harris 44.

I saw a case grill at Jefferson swap meet for $75.00. About a hour later I saw it in somebodie's wagon.

21. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

wow i never thought this post would get this much response! keep it goin' though.

22. noboD

noboD

Along with the my Dad's 8N I have an International 140 with a 6 foot belly mower I mow my lawn with. My 20 month old grandson has now started to ASK for rides, not mowing. Yesterday when he came to visit I was barely in the door when he started pointing out the window and saying, "BIG TRACTOR". Of course we went for a ride.

23. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I might as well stick my nose in here . In my shed along with a 34 PU, 30 Model A are 7 steel wheel Fordson tractors from 1918 to 1927 and a 1946 2N Ford.

24. I don't own any. But, I learned how to drive on my Grandpa's Cub. I also spent a lot of time on his H and 460(gas). On the family farm, we had a Super M, a 450 and a 300 Utility. Dad currently owns a restified Farmall A, and a 3 cyl. diesel International (industrial) with a loader and a backhoe-sorry, don't know the model number off hand.

25. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

IH satin black.............

MS-45
    Non Glare Black

Part number# 1132129R1 quart
    Part number# B90886 gallon

26. damdog

damdog

I don't own one, but I always loved them... seemed like when I was a kid nearly everyone in rural Upstate NY had a Ford 8N. I like to draw and paint them as much as I like to draw and paint cars and trucks-- guess this art seems more appropriate here than in the Friday Art Show! ( When I figure out how, I will post larger images of some art I've done like this)

Dog

Attached Files:

27. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

I grew up at an Allis dealership that my father owned from 67 to 95. I collected 1/16th scale and pedals.

28. tom grieger

tom grieger

Just learned, that this measage board tollerates tractor guys too! Anyway, I joined a few weeks ago to help RATROD with a prospect . It was a(Mini Model t Car ) . Well to my delite, I just found out that my main interest , old unusual tractors is also asubject to talk about here also. My ole tractors that are from the 50's & 60'. They have cut down plymounth rears. THE older 50 models are COPAR PANZER T 205 1957 and also PANZER T220 1959. Continued collection consists of the smaller models T70 1960 ,T75 1967 , 1107 penn. panzer 1964 ,and my PENN. METEOR 1012 1968 with a front mount 48 inch woods mower . MY side collection consists of a TRI-PED (three wheeled ) MICROCAR 1979 , Minerillie motor. THE toy we have is a MINI MODEL T FIRE-HOSE & LADDER TRUCK . 1975 CRUE-CUT . Any way ,I did read that ZOOM ,from Hughesville ,Md has a COPAR PANZER . I lieve just accross the Md. Pa. line ,but in Pa. GO to shows and some parades. Just another, long winded collector, TOM GRIEGER of Stewartstown, PA

29. I'm just in the process of getting a Panzer riding with a single plow blade from my mom's aunt. Unfornuatly it doesn't have the orignal motor and the grill plus hood were missing the last time i saw it. So if i can't find the parts to restore it i'm thinking of using it for mini tracktors pulls as there's lots of them in the fall around here

30. smokindave

smokindave

I grew up on a farm and drove everything from an old IH to a Steiger, and even once drove the Big Bud with a ripper behind it. But hands down, the most fun is popping a wheelie on a SAME (saw-MEE) with a sprinkler pipe trailer in tow. I love this thread:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.