Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Arizona Culture Shock show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Apr 21, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

So after doing the Greaseball in Tucson for a few years and then moving to Phoenix I decided to switch gears a little and try my hand at a low brow art show. Some of the names on the ad are fellow HAMB'ers so come out with you ride and have special parking and check out some really cool art in down town Phoenix. The gallery is in a warehouse from the 1930's and if this is success it will become a yearly event.

2. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Hey Ron, best of luck with the show, I'm sure it will be great, as you always did a good job with the Greaseball!

3. Gotta start some where and if this goes off really well then this will become a yearly event with bands and such. For hooliganness you could come out in that outfit that you have.

4. The Greaseballs where a blast just too hard to plan when you are not in town. Congress will always be ground zero for me. So far for me its the best bar on the face of the planet.

5. Bttt

Coming this friday. See ya all there.

6. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Hey Ron. You should include an address in the flyer.

7. 3rd st and Roosevelt down town Phoenix

8. foolonthehill

foolonthehill

What time? Bless you! Phoenix culture needs help.

9. Anytime after 7pm

10. Mike

Mike

I'll be drag racing in Bakersfield, otherwise you know I'd be there.

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hey, I heard about this, I think I'm going to go and check it out!
    (where's the sarcastic emoticon?!)

Gonna be fun, see you tomorrow!

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Best of success with this Ron!
    Greaseball was a blast while it lasted!

13. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Stoked! See you there man...

14. I am heading down about 6:30 to start setting up so you can roll with me if you want. Lussia is taking his caddy as well.

15. I heard you were going to be there with some crayon drawings of stick people that should be cool.

16. fish-vw

fish-vw
    from arizona

so will there be "cool car" reserved parking, or do we need to get there early?

17. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

Ill be there in my Buick
    Hey Fish, we are rolling out at around 630. Me and the wife, and Dave's 54 chevy, hit me up today.

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

No. Just "cool GUY" parking.
    So you're set anyway! haha

Everybody needs to come to this.....the layout is awesome, great gallery and vibe! Downtown, so there are quite a few places to eat etc.....

19. 1953 Rat

1953 Rat

This sounds like a good time I'll see you guys there.

20. Parking block off for hot rods and customs so you have space if you show up in your ride. Was at the space till midnight last night setting up. Should have some photos of the gallery real soon. Its looks real good. See you all tonight.

21. sorry I cant make it ...so I might just stop by the congress for a diet coke

22. I know brotha from anotha motha. I should be down in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks. Call me sunday night I have a question for you.

23. What is she wearing while this is being done?

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Headin' out the door for the "mini" cruise from Go Kat Go in just afew minutes, see you there!

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, just got back a bit ago- way cool ! Weve needed that around here for awhile. Coolest thing was watching the "art crowd" react to our little corner of the world! People were looking at Craigs car as if it fell from space ! Everybody's stuff looked great, and the display was beautiful. Ron , and everybody WELL DONE! thanks

26. I think the show was a good success and I wanted too share some photos with all of you of what the gallery looked liked before and during the show. I wanted thank a few who came out and also the artist that were part of the show that runs this whole month. On May 15 we will be having a artist reception with a meet and greet of the artist so come out again if you like. also thank you all of you the HAMB'ers that came as out as well. I apologize if I did not get too talk too all of you since running the show was real crazy. Feel free to come back on the 15th and and say hi.

Monorchid Gallery
    E-Bird
    Coalition Imagery
    Deluxe Customs
    Jimmy Smith
    Chris Swanberg= Also for hanging the show
    Craig Smith
    Slopez
    Homoahota Consulting
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  27. Should have taken some pictures later into the night. Those shots don't really show how successful you were.

28. Yea later it was way huge, more than I had expected. Thanks again guys for coming out and see you maybe all there again on the 15th of may for the reception which hopefully will be a little calmer than opening.