Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Seafoam Green? Love it /Hate It?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Blurr, Apr 30, 2009.

1. philo426

philo426

2. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

It's a GREAT color !

3. red3

red3

You cant go wrong either way. That green will look good for sure

4. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I am a fan of the foam!!

Paco

5. Not a custom, but this color combination gets lots of comments. Surf green instead of seafoam. Brighter than the stock color. The white top has green pearl to make it pop. Check the cover of the new Speedway catalogue.

[​IMG]

6. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Seafoam is a great color. It's speaks "1950s". Very popular in the 50s.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. zorch

zorch

My 61 Galaxie lead sled was originally seafoam--it's still visible in little unpainted hidden spots. It's black now, but I wish it was seafoam again every time I spot the original color. Seafoam wails. Consider this a nod for yes.

9. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

I totally dig it, it is one of those colors that just screams 50's.

10. I like seafoam gren, probably would look good with the white top. Post pics when it's done.

11. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Just a suggestion: 1990 Chevy S-10 seafoam green. We did a buddy's 55 Chevy P/U that color and got a lot of compliments.

12. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I love it! when I think green, I think of Cole Fosters '60 Starliner.
    Sorry, couldn't find any pics. Anyone?

it's just PERFECT...

13. HotRodWillys

HotRodWillys
    from California

Here's an original,(very original) 1957 wagon a had a few years ago.74,000 original miles,original Seafoam Green paint & interior.The color kinda grows on you if you own a car like this.I dont know though if I would choose to paint one of my cars this color if it already wasnt.Here's a few pics of it for you guys to see.

Bob

Attached Files:

14. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like others have said, the color really puts just about any object in that time. I've seen attempts at retro colors on some modern OT cars, but haven't noticed anyone trying to pull off seafoam green. Another Rambler for ya, on the blue side but you get the idea.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  15. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

nice, this colour always looks sweet against white.
    my car looks blue, but its just white paint with a bit of green blue tinter and white pearl on top.
    the coulour was chosen when i could only afford 4 litres of white paint and 1 tin of tinter when i was 20.
    i really wanted it more green.
    everyone tried to talk me into using different brighter and darker colours but i was set on this.
    after i painted it eveyone loved the colours.

16. Your car is the same color as my 60 Comet and it's a stock color. Looks white from a distance, but when you get close to it you can see the light green tint.

17. My son has a '61 Econoline with original paint. Yep, it's seafoam green. And faded from forty-plus years of use. Killer color. I think I like it faded back more than I would if it was fresh. Maybe knock it back a shade or two. With pastelles in particular, I think the more restrained the better. Case in point.
    I don't like yellow much, but it seems every time I see a light buttery yellow on a fifties or sixties car, I really like it. Point is, I think restraint is important in the case of seafoam. Best o' luck.

18. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Hell yeah. Seafoam green is it man. ahha Its funny cause when I got this truck a few of my buddies kept insisting to paint it cause they say the color is horrible. I never understood that cause I think it looks OLD which makes it look better in my opinion. I didnt want to look like everyone else when I pulled up....I like it...I didnt post a pic of the engine bay but my intake is the same color as well. When I do a rebuild I dont want to screw with it too much so the flaked off paint stays like it is when I put it back. The paint has a couple of rust spots but I like it...I dont mind if my dog stands on the door to cruise or if a kid wants to touch it...hell they can rub their dirty hands all over it. Go seafoam....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Caractacus Potts

Caractacus Potts

Love seafoam. I've had a 66 and 65 Buick with a stock light green, bit more metallic. My favorite color. Here is my 65 after the repaint...
    [​IMG]

20. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Long live the easter eggs!

Back in the late 80's I had a pro-steet camaro that was painted a chrysler sea foam green. I think it was a 1961 model year color.

21. colbycheesie

colbycheesie

great idea!!! That would be clean and custom!!!

22. inZane240

inZane240
    from Lodi

[​IMG]

The color is original Scotch Green, but over the years its turned into a color resembling seafoam.

23. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

Seafoam green is the shit! My living room is painted that color!

24. McTullis

McTullis

Mine isn't really a seafoam, but i'm all about a pale green and white. Go for it.

[​IMG]

25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Seafoam green goes great with black or ivory.... kinda an old 50's 60's thing. It really should be a two tone to be correctly killer.

26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

A freind just drove his wife's '62 Corvair to work today....Seafoam green above the beltline and black below....looks sharp. But I still don't like the color...:)

27. nail-head

nail-head

Love it.

And aquamarine metalflake and teal and all those shades between green and blue. They have that beach/tropical feel.

Love this '58 from Boerne, teal flames over black. Killer.

[​IMG]

28. nail-head

nail-head

Hmm...why didn't my image post?

[​IMG]

29. [​IMG]

1954 Buick Lido Green....one of the colors on my old Special.....loved it.

30. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Any shade of green ROCKS! =D