Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nightstalker gets Whacked!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketGirl, Apr 22, 2009.

1. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

One day? What a man...

2. jamf500

jamf500

3. damnfingers

damnfingers

Great looking car...but wasn't the original Night Stalker a reporter, Carl Kolchak?

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

nothing like the thrill of a roadtrip when chasing down parts....18hrs is dedication though. we did that chasing down a 348/tri power motor that was an EBAY find. we decided to take my "undercover lover" gas saver mitsubishi mighty max. never again. those trucks werent meant for 6 footers. ill pay the extra in fuel and take the silverado next time.

still...thanks for the updates. got any photos of the motor scores yet?

5. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

It's 2:30 am sat morning and I just got home.Elcornus came along as navigator.. I left Friday morning at 4:30 AM. 1000 miles round trip dragging a trailer. Morro Bay to Redding to pick up the first engine via San Jose with a stop at Gambino's to pick up some axles for a HAMB relay. Then Redding to Auburn to pick up the car with the other rocket engine and drop off the axles. After an hour of loading the car and trying to make sure nothing falls off... Auburn back to Morro Bay.It was a crazy 20 hour trip with rain, wind and crazy drivers.. Here are the pics of my scores.... Off to bed. Will be at the shop in the morning to work on the car.. Jason

Attached Files:

6. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

7. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Wowo the chop looks great! That chop makes the car, have fun crusin!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

9. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

That was a cool video. Its 8:30am Sat, Jasons still asleep. There is a beast in front of my house. Alot of people take walks down to the bay by my house so I can imagine what they are thinking. The 56 has no roof, no glass, pieces cut out of it. They dont know about the great motor inside of it. We will take pictures when he gets up later.

10. sad huh? lol

chop is looking good so far Jason. Glad your ditching the small block chevy. Every time i run into one of these oldsmobiles at a show they have a damn Chevy motor! The oldtimers love when we roll the 51 out and it actually has an olds motor. I still have lots of parts, hit me up if you need anything. oh, and set this thing up to drive, no excuses for towing something like this around! :)

11. Chance it

Chance it

I might call to some of your attention that this is the kinder, gentler HAMB. Sad. The more politically correct it becomes, the fewer posts from some of the really interesting folks. Some of the guys who will savage you with sarcasm also have real useful knowledge about obscure stuff. Like Rocket engines, Hydromatics and nearly anything.

Sometimes with smartasses, you have to tolerate the ass part to get to the smart part. Usually worth it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Rocketgirl from one FNG...irl to another. Your car is awesome, I'll keep checking the progress. The story is creepy but kinda cool too.
    The quote above can't be more true, it took me a while to get accepted by the guys I worked with but it really is worth it. They can get a little rough but it's all part of it. They talk to each other like that all the time, it's part of the fun. Just talk cars and give it right back!!! That's what makes this a great web-site. (You already know this)

12. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

thumbs up.

any other parts you guys looking for?

13. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Set the front clip back in place and set the hood on to get a look at the overall stance... I just need my dropped uprights to show up to bring the nose down.. Haven't got too much of the finish welding done with my upcoming open house and local car show...The affordable sticker was my wife's (rocketgirl) attempt at humor... It isn't for sale..Jason.

Attached Files:

14. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

I'm impressed, Can't wait to see the finished product!

15. did you already order the uprights jason? call me if you didnt. i'll make you a killer deal on some new ones that we didnt end up using.

16. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I need your number... or... give me a call. I sent you a PM...

17. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

That chop is coming out awesome. I can't wait to see this one in person. You guys going to have it in Santa Maria?

18. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Santa Maria is the plan...It may not have any glass back in it, but that's what goggles are for...Jason.

19. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Cool can't wait to see it. Good to see the cars out of your shop in Rod n Custom.

20. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

you guys dont have too far to go from morro bay ( or whereever los osos is). gonna still be sbc or swapped to the olds?

21. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

It will still be SBC, motor has to be torn down and gone through. Los Osos is on the other side of the bay from Morro Bay. Our house is in Los Osos our shop is in Morro Bay. We have room at Santa Maria Inn for the show even though its only 35 miles away. Its alot to bring 4 cars back and forth.

22. Make sure that you use a really good machineshop for that Rocket. It has a very high nickle content and takes some knowledge to not mess it up. '56 is the best 324, best heads and a modern dizzy with the points window. Did you get the dual range Hydro with that engine?

23. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I have two of the engines.. Both have the hydro still mated up.. The donor car has everything from fan to rear end.. I have a very good machine shop two blocks away. He specializes in old engines.... flatheads any make and size, hemi, rocket, nailhead etc... Jason.
    We are working on the chop more today. will post progress pics later..

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

where the pics at?

25. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

we didn't get pics posted yet.. I will try in the morning.. we had my open house at the shop today. It was packed....about 300 people through the shop.. BBQ 250 hot dogs, band, beer all went good.... Jason.

26. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

The chop is looking sweet. Anxious to see it done. Excellent job so far!

27. mopedcouple

mopedcouple

I saw this car last night at the bear metal kustoms open house. It looks AMAZING!!!! the pictures don't do it justice.

28. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Keep us all poted with more photos. Olds is looking really good. Was the front sub-framed?

29. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Here are some update pics... The open house was crazy. We had a full house. Band, food, beer, soda, etc....We are back on the car now and here is an update... Jason.

Attached Files:

30. You folks do nice work! Gotta love those proportions.