Register now to get rid of these ads!

the lateset photography

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowgobuick56, Apr 29, 2009.

1. one of my good buddies has this 35 plymouth coupe and wanted me to take pictures of it. this is some of what i took. let me know what ya think. thanks.

Attached Files:

2. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Very cool, interesting car. IMHO i'd like to see more car and less background in the pics.

3. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

Great job! I think your on to something!!

4. Nice stuff, but a little too much background. Some of the backgrounds on their own would be nice subjects on their own.

But then, what do I know?

5. To Tall

To Tall

6. If you are looking for photo tips; first and foremost, get closer to your subject. The car
    should dominate the frame. How?
    Set it up, as you have, take a pic. Step in a couple of steps and take another. Repeat a third time......
    Watch vertical lines "growing" out of the top of the car.
    While learning what makes good composition, keep the sun at your back.
    These tips will give you a good start......have fun.....
    Robb

7. LoSoto

LoSoto

Top shots! But maybe a few a little closer would be good too. Great location!

Numbers one and three are simply wonderful!

8. thanks for the good tips guys. i will definatly play with them. much appreciated.
    js

9. BISHOP

BISHOP

Never take a picture where the subject matter has a tree, pole, building, or anything growing out of it.

10. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I agree that the background is a bit busy, but not that the car needs to dominate the frame. Nice work.

11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Logobuick56, PM me and I'll send you the photos edited for you to compare with your originals. Because as they say, " A picture is worth a thousand words"....We can discuss them if you like....it's what I do...

12. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

looking pretty good. nice back ground choices.

is that an abandonded motel with the "steam heat" sign?

13. hamiltonintakes

hamiltonintakes
    from Chico, CA

Great locations. Get closer to the car, and the busy backgrounds won't stand out so much.

14. yea its this great hotel that is vacant and run down. while shooting we actually got the cops called on us. i guess they had a lot of vandalism problems. but the cops were cool about it.

15. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Nice shots! I would get right in there. Its all about the ride. Play with exposures more. Go back on another day with different lighting. Maybe some night shots with some spot lights. Like A32Flathead said it would make a great site for architecture photography. Enjoy, Slim

16. Labold

Labold

I think the photos look good. I personally don't think you have too much background. Might be different if you were selling the car and trying to show detail etc but in this case you were just going for a cool shot - and you got it!

17. I like them also, cool car and cool locations, Nice work

Brad

18. Michael Pukash

Michael Pukash

You have a good rule of thirds in a couple pictures but the back round is too busy. I think a picture should tell a story. Your telling us too much in several of the shots. With a cool car like that keep the back round and even the forground really simple. Keep it up!