Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moab Utah carshow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacktopicasso, Apr 28, 2009.

1. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

I went to a car show in South Utah (4wheeling-jeep country) this past weekend. The landscape reminded me of the CARS movie. The show had 606 cars with beautiful weather. The friday / saturday night cruising scene was crazy with memories of time gone by. Well I attached a few photos of cars that are HAMB friendly.
    Plan it next year, its worth the trip.

2. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

3. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

=O Moab is my absolute FAVORITE!!!!! Best of both worlds there now! =D What is this car show called or is it always on the same weekend each year? I'd like to find out more info. Maybe schedule a wheelin and rodding trip in one! Can't get any better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

5. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

The show is usually 2 weeks after easter each year.

6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i would have to agree with that.ive been there jeeping 8 times and always show some cool cars in the area....

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

that poor town they get there butts kicked with the easter jeep safari and then 2 weekd later 600 hot rods roll into town....heaven on earth?

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It's called April Action and it's the last full weekend of April every year...it's been going on for 17 years now...check out www.Moabaprilaction.com for more info and about 2100 pictures of the whole weekend (in a few days)...that's my brothers' '54 Caddy, with all the flames, shown in the pix...the other Cad is Mad-Cad's '56.

R-

9. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Oh my!!!!!!!!! I definitely have to go to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 weeks after... PERFECT timing!!!! Go a week for the wheelin, take a break in between to relax and hang out and then the show!

10. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

One of the guys in my 4x4 club just got back. He took his hot rod willys wagon. Killer rig.

11. mad-cad

mad-cad

Was that the yellow wllys,it is quite the ride by the looks of it,we had a blast down in Moab,pulled into town thursday and left sunday afternoon,lots of cool rides,lots of cruisin,I'll get some pics posted here in a bit.:D

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Missed you on Sunday morn, Tim...had a good cruise up to Dead Horse Point...your friend with the Chevelle said you had to take Ryan home as he was sick...

Hey, why didn't you tell me Carbondale has a car show...??? Send me some info and I may bring MY Caddy up...

R-

13. Looks like a fun deal but most of my time would be spent out on the mountainbike!

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

T-Here's how you do that: you go over a day or two earlier, go bike riding for a day, or you rent a jeep and go 4-wheeling all day (and there's some wicked 4-wheel drive trails and rock climbing)...on Saturday you relax by enjoying over 600 cars in the grassy park...and the Main Street cruise that nite...you can even sit in the bar and watch from the comfort of a tall cool one...

You shouldn't mix pain and pleasure...

R-

15. Actually was invited to go riding down there that week. No chance this year but next year maybe? That plan would make me happy.

And pain=pleasure

16. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

My favourite weekend of the year here. Friday and Sat nights, hanging out on main street is awesome. Next year we'll have to have a HAMB get together.

17. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Yep that was him
    [​IMG]

18. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

You live in the best town on earth! The people always seem nice and the view is great! I'll be there May 9-16th. Big red jeep with Fat Bob on the plate. Say Hi if you see me.

19. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

Will do. If you feel like it, stop by the shop. I've got a few interesting builds going.

20. mad-cad

mad-cad

Yup I was kinda bummed that we didn't get to go on the cruise ,Ryan was up half the night with tooth ache!! too much ice cream or cotton candy.
    The Carbondale show is a small show numbers wise,but its fun,we can probably sort out some rooms for you guys if ya want to head up this way.

Tim

21. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

I used to live in SLC... wow! That looks like a great show!