Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Buick Spcl

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by nivragbg, Apr 27, 2009.

1. nivragbg

nivragbg
    from Chicago

What was I thinking? It won't even fit in my garage !! And boy, is she pissed!! Oh, well, it's too late now...... hee heee......

I'm so new at this, I don't even know what kinda gas to burn ! Do I need a lead additive? Oil? Can you help me out? (I know, I'm an idiot - she already told me that !

2. carmarket

carmarket

its alright,she'll understand in time good luck and get her involved also.

3. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

HI, Good to welcome a guy with Balls. HRT

4. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

From personal experience, I can tell you that you are in for a life of misery. You've married the wrong woman and it will come down to one of two things, get rid of the car and never twist another wrench or get rid of her. No need to get mad at me for my comment. Been there, done that. The next wife pitched in, looked for parts, ran after parts, helped hold the trouble light (and knew enough to not shine it in my eyes), made intelligent suggestions on many, many builds that followed and brought my dinner out to the garage when I was up to my elbows in something and didn't want to stop to clean up and come in the house to eat. She knows a box end from an open end and most of the torque values on a SBC motor. Not only that, but she's beautiful and stacked up like a brick shithouse. Lucky me. :D

5. Flying Weasel

Flying Weasel

Welcome from Iowa. As for the lead ad. I ran it in my 50 and my 54 (both buick specials). Not sure if I needed to or not but I was told it was the thing to do.