Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Barn find = mixed emotions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOEHOODS, Apr 27, 2009.

1. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

It appears very original and complete, its running and no paper problems. With that low of production numbers and how many are still alive, I would say keep it, enjoy it, cruise it and take it to some all Ford shows and see if anyone just has to take it home.

2. Jason455

Jason455

I know what its like when the wife disagrees, but man I'd have a hard time selling that car.

3. Which one :D

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Hard to decide sometimes when you have others that need your time, love and attention too. Cars I mean....

I have a shot at a 60 four door sedan Edsel that's only supposed to have 30 couple thousand miles on it for a grand. It's been in a building since the mid 80's and the engine is stuck. Brakes, lines and tank need gone through, but it's still got the clear seat covers, wide whites and one repaint of original shade.

Keep thinking that it would sure make a cool squad car........

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  5. MissPrint

MissPrint

If yer lookin' for a home for her. . .well, I'd be more than happy to keep her (the car, not yer wife ;)) while you're makin' up your mind. . .

That would help me to complete my "set" (want a 58' Wagon, have a 59' Ranger, would LOVE a 60' 2 dr). . .

In the meantime, you can now join the Edsel HAMBers group ;):D

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Sell it to an aficionado/collector. What you have discovered is a bucket of money. Clean it up and put it up for sale on EBray....use the infusion of cash from the sale to put back into the cars that you're NOT asking 'what should I do' about. You will please some Edsel fan no end, and be satisfied that it's in the hands of someone that really wanted it. With so few of that model made, I'd be less inclined to pimp it at all. Give something back to the restorers...you just never know what your buyer may have left over from restoring a 63½ Galaxy 427/425...that he'd be willing to give you.

dj

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

8. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Sell it to someone who will enjoy it. You seem to have your plate full.

9. VonBurke

VonBurke

second!

10. Badfella

Badfella

I remember my '58 Merc and how cool it felt to have the only one at the local cruise. Especially when most of the cars we're into these days have several brothers and sisters at every event. Stay different, stay cool, peace out brother;)

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

That thing has 60s custom written all over it,thats a keeper for sure.DONT GIVE UP ON IT its way too cool

12. eeluddy

eeluddy

Edsels are an acquired taste. I was into 50's & 60's Fords back in the 70's when they were cheap and plentiful, and the Edsel crowd then was an offshoot. Can't be more than a dozen of those 2 dr. post cars left. Clean & polish it, and take it to an all Ford meet. For sure someone there will think it's worth more than you do.

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

I didn't read all the replies and I'd keep it myself but I don't really understand why people ask what they should do as opposed to simply doing what they want to do.

14. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

id get rid of one of your more common cars.. if you sell it youll end up regretting it and youll never find another one...

15. 61 chevy

61 chevy

it looks alot better than the ones with the oval nose, or what ever they are,

16. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i have one of the 777. i sold it 3 years ago and the guy sent cash ,said he was on his way to get it. haven't seen or heard from him since. car is still in the barn.

17. kill it , crush it before it starts squirting out little pintos!:D

hell keep it and enjoy it , the cars not something you see everyday!

18. vertible59

vertible59

I have seen a '60 Edsel convertible and a 2-dr hardtop with the Starliner roof, but never a '60 2-dr sedan. If I had that baby, someone would inherit it!

19. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

HOLY SHIT DUH....keep it.

20. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

but use protection...you're wife'll never believe those bumps were there before you married her.

21. That seems to be the problem they had with them in 1958!:D

I wouldn't have been surprised to hear that they never even built a 1960 Edsel 2dr sedan! You don't even see that many 60 Fords in that body style. I've seen more 60 Edsel wagons and convertibles than this style, and could still probably count 'em on the fingers of one hand.

Just seems too nice of a find to just flip without cleaning it up and spending at least a bit of time behind the wheel.

22. MissPrint

MissPrint

You need some space? I mean, if ya need the room, I'd willingly take "care" of yours while waiting for him to come pick it up from ya ;):D

23. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

60 edsels were just rebadged fords with some different bling

24. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

i have some better pics,ill post them later tonight....

25. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Keep her!!!She's one of 777 made,that's Lady Luck staring you right in the mush.I really like the lines of her and the body style is pretty unique in it's own way.

26. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I have an extra space at my place for her ...just yell I'll take her off your hands

27. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Keep it! Rare,different and most definately cool!! Plus if down the road you have a change of heart and decide to sell i don't see it going down in value.

28. Enjoy for a while once you have given it the lickity spit, tidy up.
    You never know where you will end up owning this car. You may just find there is someone out there who could put you in touch with similar cars you never knew existed. this is what often happens when you have something a little different.
    After all, I should know, owning a 58 Ford Town Victoria, not everyone's cup of meat... :D

29. Dedsel

Dedsel
    from Austin

Keep it original...it is too rare
    What is the VIN the Edsel group likes to keep up with the production. Also post the other information from the tag if possible. Thanks Dave

30. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

You should drive it around for a while.Then you will know if it is a keeper or not.I have own a few that i really wanted but after driving it i changed my mind.If it is a keeper you will know.You can sell it anytime,but only one chance to own it.You might regret selling when you watch it ride by one day with a happy owner driving.

Good luck,Nice find