Register now to get rid of these ads!

airbag , cup question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by murf-lostincity, Apr 25, 2009.

1. murf-lostincity

murf-lostincity

i just got hooked up with some airbags and will be running them on my 54 chevy . i also have a fatman ultra low crossmember welded in place, what cups am i supposed to use where can i order them ? or can i make a set

2. Use " C " or " D" :D. An answer to a multiple choice question.:rolleyes:

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I just know you'll get flamed by the "that's not traditional" crowd, so before they open their collective yaps, I thought I'd throw this out there.... Auto Craftsman magazine, 1958

[​IMG]

As for where to find cups, etc, it's generally pretty cheap to buy ready made stuff. There are tons of websites that carry what you need. Google it a bit or check ebay and I'm sure you'll find what you need. good luck.

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Try suicidedoors.com They may not have an exact application for your 54, but with their cup and bag selection you should be able to find something that will work.

5. Reds 29

Reds 29

Suicidedoors.com made some for us. I called them, talked to Jason and then sent him a diagram of what I needed. He had them to me in about 1 week. Not expensive and exactly what I needed.
    Red

6. ryno

ryno

just get your self some 5" round tubing aand some flat plate and go make yourself some. in a std gm front end youd used around 5" of total cup hieght. i like to use 3"tops and 2" bottoms. some like to bolt their bags to the arm and use a 5" top cup. measure you spring pocket height to the bottom of your arm to get the distance you'll need.

assuming you have a welder.

7. murf-lostincity

murf-lostincity

I would like to make my own, I know I just need the top buckets my control arms are already setup for bags.
    I've never actually held a airbag cup so I don't really know what to make

8. Looking for somthing like this ? What brand bag do you have?
    [​IMG]

9. Albie

Albie

Like everyone else said. Suicidedoors. They have universal kits, plus build your own parts. Been doin buisness with them for years, there good guys. Dont forget shock relocators.

10. Albie

Albie

11. kirkabilly

kirkabilly
    from Escalon

Do some measuring inside there. I know you couldnt run a 5" diameter cup and get it to seat right inside there. I wanna say 4" was how I went on this MII, and I think it was a fatman kit too. Also, I had to make an angled lower plate for the "bolt on" airbag ready lower control arms to get them aligned top to bottom. I know I used the basically flat lower, and somewhere in the area of a 3" upper. Measure from the mounting points on your lower arms, at the lowest point you want, to the inside of the MII top hat. Most bags compressed are approximately 3", look it up to be more specific. The 5" works perfect for GM stuff, but you said Fatman, so i am assuming MII. Use the largest diameter cup possible, but 5" could be too large in this case....

Weld a bolt to the base that will line up with the shock hole in the top hat to keep the cup from moving...

12. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

call i can help 408 561 5744 and have what you need