Register now to get rid of these ads!

New gal to the group with a 40 coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by haleysgirl, Apr 1, 2009.

1. haleysgirl

haleysgirl
    from Las Vegas

I have inherited my dream car, after 20 years of waiting to park it in my driveway. As luck would have it, the hood popped open last weekend while being towed and sent me online looking for a new one, and I found all of you.

The story of the car... My grandfather bought it from the original owners widow in 1985, we had it 95% restored (needed new dash bezels, trunk and hood latches) by spring of 1986 when I moved out of state. He passed away in 1988 and the car sat until last year when one of my uncles passed away and the car needed to be moved. I towed her home last Memorial Day weekend, and she sat out in the weather but at least she was finally in my driveway, till last weekend. I have been in the process of moving out of state, and finally it came time to move her to my new home... 70 mile per hour driving plus winds gusting to 50mph caused her first dent, and boy is it a good one.

She is a 1940 Ford DeLuxe Business Coupe, with the V85 Flathead. She has 27,??? original miles, and sat in a barn for 42 years before we found her. I haven't even thought of turning over the engine till I do some prevention, but I did check and the engine is not frozen. Found out the hard way when taking her off the trailer that there are NO brakes.

My wishlist... I have prices on most of this list but if you have any of it laying around I will consider any offers. Also if you know any other sites than DickSpadero.com where I can find these items please pm me!
    Hood
    Hood Latch
    Trunk Latch Assm
    hood hinges
    Running Boards
    Diamond Plate
    Rubber
    door locks
    Emerg brake cable
    moulding clips
    Bumper grommets front
    Bumper grommets rear
    fender welting
    license plate mount
    Dash gauges
    Dash Bezels
    Maybe brake shoes
    wheel cylinders
    master cylinder

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. and good luck with the wish list.....

3. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Welcome from SoCal..

4. Welcome to The Hamb.
    Little Dearborn here in Minneapolis is a pretty good place to check for parts too.
    I had a 40 Ford cp way back. Cool car

5. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

6. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

You need to post your wish list in the parts wanted section...bet you'll find most of it.
    Welcome.....

7. FordOttoCo

FordOttoCo
    from Ontario

Hi, welcome to the h.a.m.b. You have what would be my dream car. Good luck. Post pics when you get a chance.

8. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

Welcome aboard...and that is my dream car too. post some pictures.

9. displacedokie

displacedokie
    from oklahoma

welcome from oklahoma

10. Welcome welcome!!! Sounds like a real nice car! Post pics so we can ooo and ahhh too.

11. Welcome and good luck with your '40 Coupe. Spadaro is an excellent parts source and is on here. Also get a catalog from Bob Drake, another great source. There's so much information in his catalogs, they are great for reference even if you never order anything. But, count on it, you will.....Don.

12. I have a windshield rubber set that I can donate. Slight damage to one of the edges, thanks to the goofball that put in the first crappy set of glass for me.

I just yanked the stock master cylinder and front brakes off my car, and put in a new dual master cylinder, but I wouldn't want to endanger you with them...

13. Austin296

Austin296

welcome to the HAMB and good luck with your dream

14. welcome to the HAMB , why not post up some pics?

15. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

16. 343w

343w

Welcome to the HAMB Girl! My first car was a "40" coupe back in 1962, thanks for the memories. That car cost me $125.00, but I worked for $.75 an hour back then too. Anyway, enjoy the HAMB and you'll find it to be a great help in building your ole "40". Send us some pictures of you progess.

17. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Welcome from So. California! Check out the Ladies of the HAMB group.