Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool Video of NEW '36 Ford Custom 3-Window!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, Apr 12, 2009.

1. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Jim,

Thanks for sharing! That car is awesome!!

2. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Awesome Car!

3. Beautiful car, it knocked my socks off in Austin. I wasn't able to catch up with the owner to ask about the color.

is that Ford Monsoon Maroon? Beautiful color whatever it is. If anyone can put me in touch with the owner or builder for a color verification, I'd appreciate it.

4. jebs metal and speed

jebs metal and speed

im the builder, and i dont even know what the color is. is it brown or is it maroon? its an old volkswagon coachbuilt convertable color. the owner is acme speed shop on the hamb, hit him up and ask him

5. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Looks great, 36 3 windows are one of the best cars ever made.

6. Cole Auto

Cole Auto
    from SoCal

I did the body and paint on the car and I don't even know if it's brown or maroon! The color is called bordeaux rot (red), '50 VW. Under lights and in the shade it looks like a dark burgundy or maroon but in direct sunlight it definitely has a brown tint to it.

7. elrobo818

elrobo818

8. Thank you!

9. Primo 36 .....beautifully done !

Rat

10. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

11. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

And here I am telling people that the color does not have a name! Bob, did you make this up or have you been holding out on me?

Hmmmm...bordeaux rot...I like the sound of that.

I was asked about 100 times what the color is when I was at the round Up. I started saying "brown" if asked what color maroon it is and "maroon" if asked what color brown it is.

Bordeaux rot - damit!

Glad everyone likes the car (except that one guy, but what did he know anyway).

John

12. That colour would be a vintage wine.

13. Cole Auto

Cole Auto
    from SoCal

Hey John, no I didn't just make up the name, the guy behind the counter at Pep Boys told me when I picked it up. The guy washing windows in the parking lot thought it looked more like Thunderbird (the fine wine). I guess it just depends on which way the light hits it but for a solid color with no pearls or effects it sure can change colors. The coolest thing about the car is that there are so many questions to be asked like what kind of engine? What are those taillights? What are those hood sides off of?, and it goes on and on. Good job to you and Jeb for creating such a conversation piece. Talk at you later.

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

...well I know that one guy is NOT me! :) It was great to see your car in person - love it! Also, it was very nice to meet you and chat for a while...

I noticed that throughout last weekend, then going back and looking at photos. hmm, odd but cool! :cool:

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Awesome car, extremely nice owner, video started off great UNTIL the music started.

16. jebs metal and speed

jebs metal and speed

i know i know, the video was made by a friend of mine in 1 hour while waiting for a train to take her home. she knows nothing about cars and to be honest, doesnt care to. i thanked her and took it how it was. wasnt suposed to be some artsy fartsy piece just a quick look of the car that has takin up a year and a half of my life:) a fun year and a half though! now its on to the next one, thanks guys for all your responce. and your right on that axle, john is an awsome friend and customer. not to many times do you get to say that and mean it.

17. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

That car is a numbero uno :)