Register now to get rid of these ads!

broadway title sevice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lone wolf, Apr 20, 2009.

1. lone wolf

lone wolf

is broadway title service a good place to get a new title? i was thinking about going with them. thanks bob

2. mj40's

mj40's

Depends in what state you are titling in but may not be legal. I would check with your local DMV before you waste your cash. In Idaho the title has to match the frame numbers and you can’t stamp your own numbers.

3. noboD

noboD

I don't think I would ask if they accept a title from Broadway. I'd say I was thinking of buying a car from Alabama, what paper work do you require? Basically what you are doing is selling them the car on a sales receipt and then they sell it back with a title, car never leaves your property. As was said, it may not be legal in all states.

4. dbradley

dbradley

5. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

not sure about other states, but Ive been told nj no longer accepts titles from broadway or other title service places.. as a matter of fact they been cracking down on titles from known states that certain service supply titles from. Most of it has to do with stolen motorcycles and some old cars. Its probaly why it takes a freakin month to get a title from out of state in your name here:rolleyes:

6. crustorod

crustorod
    from wisconsin

i once considered broadway as well, since then i have run across alot of knowledgeable elders that will help for far cheaper and seem a bit more legit for my state. you may want to check your local laws then shop around if able.

7. You could save yourself all that title trouble and just sell the car to me:eek::D Or maybe take my airport limo in trade? :p
    I assume you need paper for the convert, right? ;)

8. lone wolf

lone wolf

ok,
    the reason i was asking is for the last few years i been renewing
    my tags on my daily driver, i,m asked the ladys down at the dmv
    what i had to do to get a title for a old car, they always said just
    bring the vin numbers, and they would run the numbers to see if
    it was stolen, if not they would issue me a title.
    well i did what they said, she hands me 4 papers for me to have
    filled out.
    here is some things they want. guess i,ll call the person i got the
    truck from and see if he will fill out his part of the forms.

Attached Files:

9. lone wolf

lone wolf

what would i do with the limo:) i guess i could live in it:eek: mike i got title for the 41 15 years ago. if i don,t get one for this truck, i guess i,ll have to finish the 41. bob

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Broadway Title will know if it will work in your state . Good place to get that done .

11. Good deal, Bob. One less thing to deal with when you decide to sell it to me.....hahaha!
    Hey, what kinda truck title is it you need? I forgot ....you trade so much ;)

12. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Yes they are no good in Jersey

13. lone wolf

lone wolf

i don,t trade that much anymore, i been throwing stuff out, tired of storing it. did you ever sell that model a?

14. I need to get my 29 glass roadster titled, PM me with info if you would please,,,,

Thanks

oldschool66

15. What do they want the last owner to notarize some forms?

Because if no notarization is needed.. well, how would they know if the last owner is who really filled it out? As long as the serial is clear, will they ever even care?

16. mj40's

mj40's

In Idaho they want to know so they can go after them for sales taxes not paid on all previous transactions.

FONT][/COLOR]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  17. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Broadway Title worked just fine for me in Oklahoma. I had a title last transfered in another state in 1960, but not notarized. My local agent would not transfer it. Broadway made it easy.

18. bshepherd

bshepherd
    from michigan

talked to a local restorer here in MI and they said to just apply for an abandoned vehicle title, when hey ask say it was left on your property. They have done it probaly fifty times over the last 30 yrs

19. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

In GA or TN, You can take a state issued form from the DMV and find a Police Officer to sign off on the fact he has seen the vehicle and verified the vin plate and they'll give you a title.

20. lone wolf

lone wolf

do you know what form that is?

21. lone wolf

lone wolf

rusty,
    when i lived in ny, both had to sign in front of the notary, also ny registered my cars with just a pencil tracing of the vin.

22. jmschristiansen

jmschristiansen

I went through International Title Service, and got the paperwork back in about 2 weeks. Took it all to the local Texas DMV, and they registered it with hardly even blinking an eye.

23. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

I will soon. Dealer that sold my 50 to me is bringing it by soon with a cop so he can give me a title for it.

24. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

OH does not take title from title services. I wished they did though it would make it easier.

25. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Just curious, when you get the title from them, whose name is it in?

26. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Just keep talking about this online and it will be over soon...

27. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

The Constitution of the United States

Article IV - The States

Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

28. noboD

noboD

When I called them on the phone they were the ones that explained how it works. So WTF is the problem? Paranoia?

29. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Nope..it just makes it easier to shut this easy way to get paper work shut down...on the phone is best so why post here?