Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing: Motor Speedway NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motor Speedway, Mar 27, 2009.

1. 55X150

55X150

I can't wait.......this is gonna be cool

Powershift55 likes this.
  2. yekoms

yekoms

I hope that this thing works out for you guys. The last time that I was at E Town was about 15 years ago. I'm glad that I didn't say "I'll never come back to this *^$#in' place again". Cause a couple of us will have to come check this deal out.
    Smokey

3. widow maker

widow maker
    from nj

4. Oh man this looks awesome.

If I cant get a HAMB friendly car down there.....can a race a pre65 scooter? It will be the funniest thing you have ever seen on 10 inch wheels

5. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Mark, your pick-em-up gasser looks bad ass!! Cant wait gents!! Hope the weather is warmer by then.....bttt because this is gonna be awesome!

6. Jersey Meathook

Jersey Meathook

Great to hear it's happening. I guess I gotta get to my 32 for this then since the dragster is not muffled. Either way I (and a few friends) will be there to support.

7. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

Pipes... from what I can see from you avatar, that 50 looks sweet. Get on it man! We need more customs in the lot, or on the track.

8. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

July 26th... run it!!! 1/8TH mile will be going off with lots of good stuff.

I think last I counted, I heard about about 11 nostalgic diggers being built in or around Jersey. Two in NY. Flatties, Hemi, etc....

9. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

I jumped on here this morning to let you guys know that some of the building is now starting! Finally starting to move forward now that the weather has broke.

The steel arrives today, the wood on Friday. I'll be out there building the barn so we can finally get out of the sun, have some drinks, bench race, and more... under a roof.

Stay tuned for pics...

Anyone with old barn wood, tin roofing, or beams, please pm me.

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

5-day bump..hahaha Dirty Jersey is reppin!

11. wcreek

wcreek

Really looking forward to the sucess of this.
    How about some details on tech inspection. Is there any besides the previous seatbelts, and helmet? Is this track sanctioned by anyone ( NHRA types)?

12. OK all my old Jersey, PA and NY racer buddies, it's time to step up.
    No show's are really not an option. Let's not let the left coast guys out do us on this deal.

13. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

14. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

If your able to pass tech, for a regular NHRA bracket car, can those of us with them run Quarter mile?
    Just curious...never saw the 1/8th mile track up there, is it only an 1/8th miler, or is it just going to be set up that way?
    I MAY not make the first one in May, but...there is a good chance!
    Count me in either way once we have the bugs worked out of the truck...
    Also, I have some Electronics on board, just because the truck was built to be versatile, but, I wouldn't run a nostalgia race with the brake/two-step....Just footbrake.
    I'm really stoked about having something like this around here. Atco has been very disappointing lately. Its obvious where their loyalties lie, and fine, sure, they gotta make the dolla's, but, this is, if it can be sucessful, and continue...will be a godsend, or at least it has the potential to be.
    Hell, I'm even thinking about test and tune at Cecil...
    This gives me an extra week to finish the truck anyway. I'll need it, most likely gonna miss the first one, but...I'm trying.

Any idea what time the program will be running, the standard 9 until??? open shots, then noon until ??? Eliminations? ( I re-read the thread, but may have missed the info...)
    Classes??? Or just anarchy? ;)
    Either one is fine with me...I know, I've got too many questions, but I'm enthused...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  15. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

barn thing looks good i seen it today while at the swap meet, is that were its going to stay?

16. E-Town has both 1/8 and 1/4 2 seperate tracks they can and do run both at the same time,,, jr drags on the 1/8 while 1/4 mile show is going on

17. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

So if I'm understanding this right, this is going to be going on every couple weeks all summer? I can't make it to the first one but if it's all summer that would be great!

18. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

[​IMG]

Here you go guys, the official kick-off poster. Friday night May 8th we will be opening our doors as well for the pre-party, bar, food, and live music shindig. Drive in movies after dark... the two we are showing are in the program. The whole thing starts at 8, we are unsure when we will close for the night as of now, but we will keep you posted as we figure things out. Come out and park your cars, shoot the shit, and hang out for a few hours.

Saturday the races will start at 5pm and they will most likely go until 10pm. The bar will be open again, same deal, with movies after dark as well.

-Kevin

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  19. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

You got it, all of the dates are on the 3rd page of the program posted on the 1sy page of the thread, it works out to be pretty much every other weekend starting with May 8th and 9th.

20. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

Thanks for the compliments... it will be getting moved over the the 1/8th mile parking lot shortly.

21. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

What's the admision cost or is it the noramal Raceway park costs for Racers and Spectators? Entner thru the front and drive around or can we enter from the airport side?

22. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

haha im stoked that your so enthusiastic, thats what we need! like i said above, the races will start at 5pm on saturday night.

We will keep everyone updated about the tech info and classes and such, we are still working those details out, stay tuned!

-Kevin

23. Motor Speedway

Motor Speedway

The price is 12 bucks to get in... As for the mode of entry, stay tuned...

-Kevin

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

NUTS. My girl and I will be there! Good Luck. Slim

25. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

it says pre 58 cars, im not racing, just wanna cruise/hangout, does that mean my 60 isnt welcome?

26. HOT13ROD

HOT13ROD
    from florida

This is what we need on the east coast thanks guys for getting this done

27. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

The program starts at 5 and ends at 10 p.m.?
    !!!!:cool: Could this get any better!?
    Hell yeah...
    Under the lights...
    Might miss the deadline ( still doing suspension work...) for the first one, as far as the truck goes, but I'll be ready for #2!
    Either way, I'll be there for the first one anyway.

28. Hey all! So here are some pics of the BAR.....N.

We built it in 28 hrs, three of us. Big Perm, Beaver, and myself. Holy shit, carpentry is a serious gig, not for the light weight. The wood was all wet and three times as heavy, fun!

So next we build the front wall, when the rain stops. It will have 10 foot tall doors and open the the front of the barn up for dancing, drinking, necking, shit talkin, milking, and sleeping for me from time to time. Man, I wish I could live in this...

Swap meet was lame as usual.... but I aim to fix that. I did see a Culver City Quickie in some lucky suckers wagon for 225 beans... man I wanted to cry. Nice guy though... seemed like he was going to build something cool. Saw lots of old friends, everyone is pumped, me too.

The owner is so stoked, he can't believe the response already.

So I'll be working my ass off for the next three weeks. May 8th and 9th are right around the corner.

TECH INSPECTION: We have to see your cars guys.... we can't blanket it for everyone. Have belts bolted to something secure.... not sheet metal. Bring a helmet.

Pre 1964 allowed in the parking lot to enjoy... There is a car show as well as drags... always! Talked to a lot of custom guys too this weekend, they are evenly excited...

Need answers, email us at [email protected]

Attached Files:

29. I usually check my Hamb PM's once a day at least. I'm going to be working crazy hours for the next three weeks.

Kevin Horton can usually let you know whats up, or you can pm me and I'll get back to you.

I met some really cool old dudes this weekend. Guys that are so stoked on this, bringing out all kinds of good stuff. And I found a couple of sources for the really neat stuff. These guys want to bring stuff out for our swap meet. We are all dissappointed with the lame shit there, thats why I plan to put an end to that. We'll have our own rad shit happening soon!

Great to see all you guys out there this week.

What's really hott, hisses, and runs the 18TH mile? My new drag car! And you thought your school was old! Hahahaaaaa...

30. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Tag me in whenever you're ready man, I'll make time. Now it's time to make the '63 run down the road again.