Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Just finished '34 Ford 5-Window, Sachse Rod Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Im with Bass, the paint is phenomenal, a brilliant color that looks to have been expertly applied. I dont like the tilt column. I agree with bass on the front wheels, and I feel that a 16x7.50 tire would fill up the rear wheel arch so much more nicely...but not ragging, just personal touches as we all have them.

Yes ist histiry has been somewhat "spoiled" but otoh, thank god it wasnt built as another flat black/steel rimmed pos rat rod either.

But I dont like ragging on a car that has been so beautifully built, its a super sano ride, especially when you consider where it came from.

Great job !

Rat

2. Tough crowd? Hardly. A very neat old Ford gets turned into a high tech street rod thats only missing billet wheels and everyone is sooo happy. Fuckin bummer-period. I know "its what the customer wants", but why not start with a fiberglass body? Again, what a bummer. Oh yeah, someone else said "another one saved". Saved from being built into a Hot Rod.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

4. Anderson

Anderson

Some of you complain about restorers bitching when we cut up original cars......but are just as bad, if not worse. It wasn't the Sam Barris Merc or the Doane Spencer roadster. It was a cool old hot rod, yes, but far from untouchable.

I appreciate all the positive responses :D

Heres an engine shot....at least its not a tune-port.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. hotdamn

hotdamn

fuck it I personally can get over the small block and the tci chassis...

I will say that a tilt column ruins many a good hot rod or custom.
    but as good as that thing looks I could worry about changing that sort of thing later:)

car looks good, tilt column or not.

tell all the haters to quit sippin on that haterade!!!

6. hotdamn

hotdamn

hey guys look at the bright side,
    at least it is not a mid 80's GM tilt column...

it can always be worse...

7. sjrodder

sjrodder
    from vermont

Nice build good color and stance. I liked it before rebuild also

8. hotdamn

hotdamn

[​IMG]it could have this interior...
    not to bash on any bodys car by anymeans but I think some of ya'lls negative comments have this sort of thing in mind when you look at the car in this post.

9. Anderson

Anderson

Here's one we wont have to worry about. Oh wait, it's just another black '32 roadster. :rolleyes: So-Cal chassis, Brookville body. Finished sometime around last September.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

In my eyes, the finished product is as perfect as it can get. What's the big deal with a tilt column? Some of us bigger guys need them for easy entrance and exit from the cockpit.

11. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

The Coupe looks so good it ALMOST makes me want to put fenders on my 5W,

So that's four steel fenders, 2 running boards, a full hood, a splash apron, a set of bumpers and a high end paint job.....

Oh well, maybe one day.......

L.P.

12. billyt

billyt

I like it, and it looked good at Ft Worth last weekend

13. I've seen it up close. The workmanship is impeccable and Sachse did a great job.

14. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

I think it turned out beatiful. I love everything about it. like he said said it was built for comfort and to drive. And I dont see where everyone bitches about small blocks and ruining A " survivors" paint. I honestly dont see putting that much time and money into a car and leaving it look like shit on the outside because its old paint.
    like I said I love it the way it is. great work guys. should have dropped by when I was in garland .

15. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Very Nice...I love that car!!

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

It's a WELL DONE, nice looking, usable car. What's wrong with that?

It's not what I would do with it, but I wasn't cutting the checks either.

I've seen a lot of HAMBrs do worse things with their cars. :D :D

17. bonesy

bonesy

Love the stance on that black roadster. Is it running dual or single exhaust?

18. Lucky77

Lucky77

Stunner! What a fantastic car.

19. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Thats one bad azz car their nice work...That color is real nice im sure you can drive that car anywhere.

20. Anderson

Anderson

The whole chassis was sold to someone, rolling, and with the running gear in tact.....I don't remember who, but they were going to put it under another car last I heard. Though that was over 2 years ago and I haven't seen it since. If I would have had the money at the time it would have been in my garage!

Thanks again guys.

The '32 does have dual exhaust.

21. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

22. 29paul

29paul

Very nice car

23. alleyoop

alleyoop

very nice glad you went withe the big back tires and wheels like they were back then glad you stayed thaT WAY ALLEY

24. Dirty2

Dirty2

Another very nice ride from Sachse. The car is very nice in pictures and in person . Everyone that worked on this car really went over the top. Anthony , the painter, does the best work I have seen . There are a couple of things I dont like and they know but its not my car, but I would feel proud to own it !

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Did someone say another "survivor" was ruint? I always thought a "survivor" was an older rod, custom or race car that had been saved from the scrappers, ill intentioned or unskilled rodders, or restored to it's original appearance - not just any old car with faded paint. Like primer... it shoud only there to protect the metal until the REAL paint job gets applied. My 2 cents.

Think how GREAT many of the unfinished / primered cars posted on the HAMB would look if properly painted and trimmed out? Yeowza. The pages here would look more like a 50-60's indoor car show than a 90's scrap yard.

I like this car. Might have to "liberate" a copy of the paint code one day, too. Gary

26. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Nice build!
    The car looks great.

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LMAO, I don't think some of the guys realize you're on our side. Very nice job, outstanding work. Just not my cup of coffee. :D

very well put. could have been worse, could of have been better, but ya know what? I could fix the things I have a problem with....

But it's so yummy.....:eek:

reading is fundamental.

28. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

29. Mercury Wayne

Mercury Wayne
    BANNED
    from Arizona

Wow that is the shit!