Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm an Effin' idiot....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thrashingcows, Apr 19, 2009.

1. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Man I am glad to hear that your ok!!!!

My buddies kinda tease me about my jack stand collection. I started out with a set I built when I was in high school out of 3/8 plate, 4"channel iron, 1x1/2 bar stock, and schedule 80 pipe(yeah it was overkill but my ass was going to be under the car:D) and through the years I would pick them up at swap meets, yard sales, and auctions. I have about 12 sets of them (from small to extra large like you would see at a big truck shop) and to this day I still stop to look at them if I see any at a swap meet.

Then there is my Railroad jack fetish...........we wont even go there:D

2. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

You are Very Lucky.. Id trip over jack stands all day.. just knowing there close by to use..

3. Did ya find your ratchet??? Thank GOD you lost it!!!! Literally!!!!

4. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

You were almost a "Thrashingcow" :eek: Holy moly, so glad the rachet was missing!!!

5. ^^^^^^.....This is something we should all do......I will definetly be watching others to see if they are working safely.;)

The weird thing was I found my ratchet........it ended up being right beside me where I was originaly working.....:eek:

6. Not to mention the chunk of cement to stop the truck from rolling away.

If i am loading up a car or antique tractor, which is in the dozens of times now from some old farm yard, we always block up the vehicle under the chassis, i never trust the suspension on these old vehicles, with welded leaf springs, sloppy worn out kingpins, etc. Put tires on it as fast as possible, safely that is. My Redundant system it so make sure my dad is not around when i am working on something.

7. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

My son and I where changing a valve body on my friends big ol heavy Buick. (without proper safety ) as I started to put the new valve body up I hit the manual rod to the parking pawl. well it released and rolled foward right onto my son's leg. He was screaming and I couldn't get out from under the car. I tore up a nice set of elboes but I got out and jacked the car off his leg, a cast and a night in the hospital later I felt like a dumb ass for putting my boy in that shape. Just wasn't thinking....

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how's this for stupid? my neighbor has a small forklift at his shop. his employee lifted his Acura up with it and was working underneath like it was on a lift.

dude was trusting his life to a seal or valve on an old forklift with no regular maintenance. we have a BIG Nissan fork at work, just a couple years old and I would not ever get underneath that with a car on it.

9. rusty48

rusty48

I try to be careful but I've done some stupid things myself.When I was a teenager I put a set of overload leaf springs on a truck sittin on a bumper jack once,I think the Lord has watched over me more than once.A while back I had my 48 run up on a set of ramps,I put a floorjack under the rearend to raise it for some reason.When the back wheels came off the floor it came rollin back after me.