Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Billetproof"??? Ocala, Fl.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Rogers, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow!
    I put down the popcorn and picked up the gummy bears.

2. this thread is about as useless as the "magazine" ol' boy writes for. not as funny though.

3. caseyrod

caseyrod

listen the car shows name is billet proof... how ever when I was regerstering my car there was a gentleman who came in a 32 hiboy with mid 80' aluminium rims that did look like billet wheels and all that the judge said is ,next time cover the wheels .I cant see anybody been turn away unless it was a car that did not fit the thime of the car show.

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

oh my the drama:p as for the bikinis,i think i would prefer the new 3 piece bikinis:Dknow what those are. and let the drama resume

5. To Tall

To Tall

kirk paints cars? in fla (its not like i am bashing this thread)

6. mrkaos63

mrkaos63

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=7068&pictureid=64107

Did my 75 ford rims make me an enemy of the state of rodding??
    If you snuck it by the Judges it your prob. Who Cares!!
    This was the best show we attended in years. If the rules are a pissing match then join the aaca or Amelia Island for some action.
    We will continue to attend this one any other such shows in FLA would be appreciated.
    I have to laugh and that is why I do not pay due to any clubs.
    Tom

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

seriously? yeah, there are rules, and if you don't understand the billetproof rules, don't go. if you don't understand the hamb, go back to killbillet and ruffrodders....

8. captainflight

captainflight

There were lots of cool rides in the parking lot which my wife and I wandered around taking pictures. We drove all the way down from north Ontario, Canada to see this show and were not disappointed in the least. We were very surprised the show was free! I suppose if you really wanted your car in the show you should pre-register. We saw a little billet but WTF.

9. Jesus! I wish this thread was toilet paper so I could wipe my fat smelly ass with it!

Alan and the Poor Boys were nothing but gracious and put on an awesome show for the second year running, and by the way THANK YOU!

As to the billet free cars that may have gotten turned away, maybe they should quit their whining and get up a little earlier next year. Don Garlits' spread is beautiful and he is a god to many of us, but NO, even Big Daddy can't circumvent the laws of physics, his property is only so big and when its full, its full!

And to the author of this thread- If you really do work for Rebel Rods, it truly is a steaming mound of poop already, and now your turning to tabloid / gossip journalism? The rat rod version of TMZ? Wow!, just WOW!

10. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

stole this mule from mazooma, this thread needs it ! ! !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  11. Sergeant_at_Arms

Sergeant_at_Arms
    from Tampa, FL

I got denied entry into a nightclub because it was too full. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Can we write an article on that? Rebel Rodz is a great magazine! I use the free copies I get from the parts store to mask all types of things. Bends great and no paint gets through!

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

greatest tag cloud ever! now that the round up's over, we'll see the end of this thread...

13. It's a CAR SHOW, It's supposed to be fun, if you have a hard time accepting FUN, and you WANT to find infractions and be disappointed, maybe you should stay home. We'll still be there having FUN!

We were not full! and we won't be for a while... We had 3 fenced in areas, the main central area, and then last years spectator parking area is now show grounds... we had about 30 cars in there, and we could have parked at least another hundred or so very comfortably) and then one other area that we didn't even start to use... We still have plenty of room to grow, thanks to the Mopar guys who did a CAD drawing of the entire property and figured the best parking configuration.

Like Mrkaos63 said, if you can't have a good time around a few cars that don't meet the rules exactly, go to an AACA or got to Amelia Island, I'm bettting you can find a few infractions there too, woever has the least infractions, gets the trophy... congratulations, you colored inside the lines really good!!!

Bottom line:
    There were no eligible cars turned away by anyone, and we still have room to grow, and yes there were a few cars there that broke the rules, when it's blatant disregard for the rules, they may get turned away. People will aways bitch and complain.

We've been over and over it, every year for 10 years... Can this thread finally die? Get closed? Please stop posting to it? Can't we all just get along? Does anybody know what time it is? Does anybody really care? :)

14. 62Furious

62Furious

I guess you can't please all the people all the time. All you can do is keep trying

15. fonti

fonti

I would not give a shit if at a hot rod show in Switzerland or even Germany would be 20 rods with billet parts IF there are another 20 billetproof rods...
    Hey guys - you just don't know how lucky you are in the US!! We don't have hot rod shows with 1200 rods...

16. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

17. monsterflake

monsterflake

i would think it wouldn't be an issue here at all, considering the vast resources of cars and parts available in the u.s.! if you're 'offshore', i'd certainly understand, it's an enormous investment in time and money!

there's lots of shows here, and lots of cars. don't try taking your cat to the dog show just 'cause they're both furry and have 4 legs...

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Personally I would rather look at a streetrod with billet then a piece of crap rat rod at a car event.

19. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

get over it

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  20. Sounds like bait-n-switch (going to a dog show and seeing cats......)

21. 4t64rd sighs in exasperation, then shakes his monitor violently...

22. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Here is my 2 cents ........ the 1st & 2nd Ocala Billetproof show ROCKED!
    I'll send a note to the Big Guy in the Sky for a perfect world, he'll fix it!

23. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

Personally I would rather look at a streetrod with billet then a piece of crap rat rod at a car event.
    well said denise !!! .................. steve

24. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

Here is my 2 cents ........ the 1st & 2nd Ocala Billetproof show ROCKED!
    I'll send a note to the Big Guy in the Sky for a perfect world, he'll fix it!

lea , if you have that connection , im glad your on my side !! .... steve

25. AMEN to that.

26. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Q- Why did the little boy stir the dog poop with a stick?

A- To make it stink again

27. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Who gives a shit

28. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

you guys have lost the purpose of this forum ...................... steve

29. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

thats what hes done....

Thread Status: