Register now to get rid of these ads!

lost mom last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purple, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I am having a bit of trouble selecting my words. Words that will properly express my feeling anytime anyone loses a family member under any circumstances.
    Please accept my sincere and heartfelt sympathies.

2. joel torres

joel torres

sorry for your loss we lost my mom inlaw last year i sketched this and my wife and sis put it on their back it helps them on the hard days
    [​IMG]

3. purple

purple

Thank you all so much. We appeciate everything, the thoughts, love and prayers. It is a hard lesson. She was able to quit drinking 30 years ago but couldn't quit smoking. It was so much harder to do.

4. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Very Sorry To hear Of your Loss..

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

sad to hear this,,,,,sincere condolences to you and your family

6. rick finch

rick finch

Sorry for your loss, that is really tough to go through.................quitting was one of the hardest things I've ever done, quit 2 1/2 yrs. ago after smoking 40+ yrs........ My prayers are with you & your family.

7. classicfins

classicfins

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 4 years ago to lung cancer. She was 57. Hang in there... And God Bless.

8. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

sorry to hear about your loss..I lost my mom in september she was 52. Went in for gall bladder surgery died 3 days later..It's really tough, evryone tells me it gets easier but it hasnt yet..hang in there it HAS to get better..

9. Prayers on our end....Sorry for your loss.....My mom is 62 yrs. young and it breaks my heart....She will not quit smoking....we tried everything!...pisses me off!!

10. Gambrinus

Gambrinus
    from Vette City

I know first hand the addiction of smoking. Very glad I quit. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

11. 41 C28

41 C28

Sorry for your loss

12. My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mom. It's rough when you lose a parent. I hope that time can heal your pain.

13. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Sorry to hear it.

14. Man very sad to hear about your mothers passing....best wishes to you and yours.

15. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Sorry for your loss. Losing a Mother is a tough one to deal with.

17. francos55

francos55
    from Dago

Requiescat in Pace. May god bless you and your family, Purple.

18. I lost my Mom to cancer at 55 almost 5 years ago. There is not a day that goes by with out me thinking of her. Take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering, both physically and emotionally. Living with what can be a death sentance is not easy. Think of the good times often and it will get easier.

19. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Thoughts and prayers go out to you guys...........I almost lost my wife over christmas,blood clots in her lungs smoking related ..finally a big enough scare for her to quit...hasn't lit up since Dec.15th.......may God bless you through the tough times.

20. You have my prayers and sympathy. Losing a parent is hard at any time under any circumstances. My mother died this past November from complications of a stroke she suffered in June. She was 86 and the stroke was her first major illness. Although she lived long and well, losing her was hard. I can only try to imagine what it's like to lose a parent at such a relatively young age, especially when it appears that her life was unnecessarily shortened by smoking.

21. whid

whid

sorry for your loss man.i lost my mom to lung cancer when she was 55.she never smoked.i was very close to her.it broke my heart.peace to you all............dave

22. Sir, I am sorry to hear of your loss, please try to keep in mind;
    We are all really beings of light.

Death is temporary,
    While life is eternal.

Sooner or later, we will be reunited with our loved ones, It just takes some time, be patient, and enjoy life on this earth, while we are here.

On the subject of smoking, cigarettes are worse than some of the drugs considered illegal by our american society. (but thats a whole nother story.)
    But we have alchohol and tobacco in abundance because they are taxed.
    "A LOT OF MONEY IS MADE OFF OF THIS DRUG ADDICTION!!!"
    Unfortuneatly when a person can pay a small tax and buy these drugs legally, that helps justify their addiction, as if thev'e paid for it or earned it.
    People must recognize smoking as not just smoking, but as "DRUG ADDICTION"!!!

If this will help anyone, years ago I broke a leg badly.
    The doctors told me, "It takes a smokers bones twice as long to heal"!!!
    Looking at at least 6 months in that cast, that statement made it easy to quit at that time.
    Think about that one. Good luck to all, in their dealings with addiction.
    Good day.

23. 173rdherd

173rdherd

We will pray for you and yours during this time of loss.
    I also lost my Mom to heart disease brought on by smoking.....after she had beaten lung cancer.
    May the peace of the Lord be in your heart.

24. Prayers to you and your family . . . that is very tough stuff. May she rest in peace.