Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamber's stranded in Gallup, New Mexico

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Since you're a Newbie to the HAMB...you are not aware we already have a HAMB friendly 'help' pages...contact Hotrodladycrusr here on the HAMB to add your name and phone number to the list...

R-

2. Goose

Goose

Well we have club meeting Wednesday so they better hurry up and get home LOL!!

3. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

This ain't over yet. Hopefully nothing else will happen.

Indy folks, watch 70, or Culbertson's. The best we can tell maybe right after work hours. Will advise when we know more.

4. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Just talked to Dustin. They are in Sullivan Mo. as of 10:00 a.m. pacific time. probably noon midwest time.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

Well, It looks like I will be heading from LA to ABQ tomorrow or sunday. My 82 year old grandmother passed away last night. It might sound strange, but I wanted to offer help to these guys if they were still in NM. I really feel like the HAMB is where I belong. So many people offered to help me with my generator at VLV.
    I will be taking my v6 nissan frontier pickup with hitch so I could have brought an engine or empty trailer or whatever..

from the update, It looks like they are making good progress! does anyone know about those other guys that were stranded in NM?

6. Sorry to hear about your loss OLLIN. I didn't see your post when I started this one so they must have been almost at the same time.

The HAMB has been awesome in helping these young men get back home.
    I know both of them will be willing to help any Hamber anytime who might have trouble while passing thru Indy.

2:00pm UPDATE

Just talked to Dustin. Said they were driving thru St. Louis, had his handsful with traffic and he would call me back later.
    (Footnote: they got lost in St. Louis on the way out)

About 280 more miles to go....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  7. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I will buy their waffle-house just to hear the stories.........:eek::D

8. We are forming a surprise welcome home gathering for the boys at Culbertson's today. Dustin's girlfriend is making a huge banner, (Dustin and Mike don't know about this so don't tell). We will celebrate with some cold refreshments etc..
    If you and any of yours, Dustin's and Mikey's friends can make that it would be great!!

Right now their ETA to Indy should be around 5:15pm
    1815 S Lynhurst Dr.
    Indianapolis, 46123

I'm stoked, this kinda reminds me of the Memphis Belle returning home from it's last mission during the war.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  9. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Hell Bubba,They'll probably sleep for a week after this!!! :)

10. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

We figure around 5:30-6:00 will be the arrival if anyone else wants to catch it.

OLLIN, sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thanks for your support on the HAMB and thanks for being part of the journey. (Be careful in NM ;) ...we'll keep you in our thoughts).

Jimmy...(and Mr. McFarland) after this is over, I shall refrain from being on the HAMB during work hours. :)

11. have a blast guys,hope they know we were all pulling for them!

12. They say they are hitting all the local cruise spots tomorrow night.

13. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

I have been addicted to this thread and can not stop checking it. I am glad to hear they are going to make it home (hopefully) today.

14. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I just heard about this adventure... it looks like they really have a lot to remember... if they had no trouble it would not be much to remember...
    I haul cars and will be leaving for a nationwide haul, SC to MN and then on to Los Angeles load up and come home... I like hearing about stories and would have helped out if the timing had of been right... Haulin hotrodder...
    racinman

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Damn, i wish i was at Tom's sippin on a cold beer. Tell the boys that the Shifters are there in spirit !

16. RichG

RichG

Dang kids and their crazy hot rods!

Glad your boys are almost home. Now kick 'em in the butt and send 'em out on their next adventure...

17. Your absolutely right. these types of adversities help build character

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  18. wow,couldn,t have imagined these better,how kool :cool:thanx

19. RichG

RichG

Adversity? Shoot, that isn't even a proper adventure! I mean, seriously, no blood? No fire? No explosions or jail breaks or random psychotic characters trying to make a bag out of your skin? Heck, it sounds like a Club Med vacation to me!

Okay, okay, I wasn't there, but I sure wish I would have been...the best times are the ones you never expect...:D

Adventure is what you get when the poo hits the fan. Character comes from how you deal with it. Those boys definitely built some character on this run!

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

glad to hear they're back on the road, good times/good stories

21. Goose

Goose

Ok they just went through Effingham so looks like about 6:30 or so before they arrive at the shop!!

22. Mac_55

Mac_55

Damn , i shoulda checked up on this thread , Id bought em dinner but i dont imagine they would have wanted to stop , im just 25 minutes from effingHAMB

23. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Awesome stories. Wish I was out on the road experiencing life instead of sitting at work on the computer!!! Sounds like a great adventure.

24. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

What an "adventure" for those two fine young men!!

25. Goose

Goose

They are now in Terre Haute. It is all downhill from there!!

26. It's called block seal. We have it at work. Little black cubes. Engine rebuilders (like us) put it in engines that they build in case of little imperfections around soft plugs holes or threads. Stuff works excellent. You should be able to find it at any engine machine shop.

Hope they made it home ok.

27. metalman

metalman

Hey guys, make sure to tell them we been following the rest of the adventure, welcome them home from us in NM!
    Hope to see them again next year (driving thru this time!)
    Not needed but... It would be a honer, the Road Rockets sound like a great group!

For those asking, the block sealer was called "Mite-E Seal" made by Premier. Apparntly machine shops just refer to it as "builders block". Really does look like 1" cubes of charcoal. Your local machine (engine) shop might know of it and know were to get it at your local.

28. dodgeman33

dodgeman33
    from Indiana

Me Too!!!!!

29. These folks should be back by now. If I didn't have to get my car back on the road I'd probably go to Tom's shop. Looking forward to the stories!

30. bonesy

bonesy

Talk about a dollar and day (or two) short - I just read this. Sorry I didn't read this in time to help, but I'm glad all is well!