Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Squeak Bell's new 40 Ford coupe headed to Austin!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Apr 16, 2009.

1. "Sin Bin " !!!!!! what the hell ! That 40 is killer !!!!!!! Squeak , you are the man!!!! best regards Throb ! ps what with the p.o.s roadster pickup parked by the 40, cheez! just joking Dale , the rpu is looking good also ! looks like it will warm today in Az !!!! We have a meeting Saturday at Sharvey's new shop !!!

2. Abomb

Abomb

That is my new favorite fat fendered car ever............

3. Ratstu

Ratstu

NAILED!! great seeing you at Vegas Squeak. Dale - how are you my friend, your pad looks bitch'n from the front! Cheers Laurie

4. Between Chrismans car and this one, I think I have a good roadmap...

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, saw the car in Austin and the photos don't do it justice. His '40 is just bitchen and the padded running boards just add to the flavor. I took a number of photos of it and will post soon.

Congrats to Mr Bell for the Lonestar RoundUP HAMB pick. Very well deserved.

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yep, that's pretty bitchen.

7. :cool:Saw the car at the Round Up. Loved it, absolutely amazing car!

8. that is one sweet 40!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The running boards MAKE the car... You have to see it in person - it's incredible.

10. brainfrz

brainfrz

congrats on the JJ LSRU win. Beautiful car!

11. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

I had the great honour of driving with squeek from bakersfield, we did the trip in two days, thats one hell of a break in for a car that was freshly built..
    I only met squeek ten days ago, but consider him a great friend and his knowledge of hot rods is amazing, as is his passion for traditional cars built right, and built to drive! we had some great chats in the car, and fun at the shows (viva and the roundup) he was truly overwhelmed to recieve the trophy for his car..and may even get involved on here given a little prodding.
    And for those who are wondering, it goes as hard as it looks!

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Man... I hope... I sure would like to rap with him about nerf bars.

13. The 40 Ford is like a beautiful, voluptuous woman. All those sexy curves.
    That is one of the best looking '40s I've ever seen. The accent paint reminds me of the Mustang funny car the Bat car. Gorgeous paint.
    I agree with Ryan, the running boards reall set the car off.

14. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Squeek told me they were cold bends on the bigger radius curves, and hot on the tight ones, the ends are solid ,spun up in the lathe. took him a day each end. and a day to Squeek is at Least twelve hours...he never stops!

15. This is a great looking car, is thier any info on the build and its History?

16. 55olds88

55olds88

Ain't that the truth.
    Damn you did well to get those road miles with Squeak imagine it was worth the trip alone.
    Say G'day to Simonsez and Janet if you see them, you lucky sods !!!

17. plmczy

plmczy

Damn that is one nice 40. I'm curious, is there any of the scallops on the roof? Nice work Squeek. later shawn

18. Greezy

Greezy

That 40 is just beautiful. Saw pics of it on a couple other threads and wondered who owned that beauty.

19. Ryan, I 'll talk to him and see if I can get him to join up. But I'm warning you it is going to be hard. He hates computers and cell phones.

20. Laurie, How the hell are you man? I'm doing great. You'll have to come visit me here in Tucson so we can chop that 34 of mine. Your the man for the job. Your always welcome here. Thanks for the nice comment on the place. I still have lots to do. Just got back to work after a four month layoff. Will be putting more time and energy into the place now that cash flow is moving again.

Rob, Call me and let me know about the club meeting!

Royalshifter, Send me your email and I'll send you some pics of past carves. I was working on Squeak's Dirty Tiki today but it got too damn hot outside. 98* here today. It's already heating up in the desert. I love it though.

21. No scallops on the roof

22. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Tasty coupe! Yeah!

23. plmczy

plmczy

Thanks curbspeed

24. axle

axle
    from Drag City

But he has both ;)

25. nice car i think i have some parts from that car laying around, like the 57 chev rear end w/brake shoes that still have the GM stickers on them from when it was put in storage in 1962. the rear end was only 5 years old and the engine was only 3 when it was locked away for 40+ years a real piece of history .

26. I haven't seen upholstered running boards in years. Cool '40.

27. Chuck R

Chuck R

frickin beautiful

28. real nice, you gotta love those 40's cars

29. Here's a couple of more pics of Squeeks 40 on it's maiden voyage out to Viva Las Vegas, the car had only 40 miles on it before we left Bakersfield.

Getting ready to leave Squeeks

[​IMG]

Stopped at Peggy Sue's for lunch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the view I had all the way to Vegas at 80+ mph

[​IMG]

By the way thats Lowsquire and another Aussie in Squeeks roadster behind him.

30. striper

striper

Living the dream