Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA Inspection Day - Cincinnati

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by "A" Tub, Apr 13, 2009.

1. "A" Tub

"A" Tub

Saturday, April 18th 10:00 -2:00 - NSRA Inspection Day and Open House for Wade Hughes Hot Rods and Shaw Hot Rods 10:00 -2:00.

Sponsored by Cincy Street Rods and Wade Hughes Hot Rods.

Please see www.thecincystreetrods.com for more details.

2. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

We are having our inspection day on the 25th. Good luck with yours.

3. pinman 39

pinman 39

OT doesn't this belong on a different forum .N national S street Rod A association .

4. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Not really, there is quite a few of us here in Cincinnati. This event always has a half dozen or more Hambers and quite a bit of traditonal iron.

I'm not a Cincy member, but I'll be there helping out. Rain or shine it's a good time and is now unoffically the first event of the year around here.

I'll be there with my '48 F1.

5. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

This FNG knows what N.S.R.A is and you sayed he was a dumb shit.

6. No actually it doesnt...it will be a kick ass group of REAL driven hot rods with a good amount of traditional survivor cars...and a good group of guys to boot....thats how they get down in cincinnati...dont ask me how i know...

T. Hilton

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

What's it take to have a NSRA Insoecton Day? I'm chairing a show in May and I'd like to have an inspetor there for the pre 48 street rods.

8. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Find out who your NSRA state rep is. Contact him

9. "A" Tub

"A" Tub

Contact your local NSRA Rep and they will help you out. If you send your coverage into Streetscene they will print it. That coverage is always better than what they come up with on their own.

As for the others, I'm not going to get into the usual argument. Those who are in Cincinnati or have been through here know the quality cars that are here......

10. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Yep I know Cincinati cars. Thanks.

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Wow... Hey im coming from Michigan and I dont even have a car anymore... Can you guys inspect my popup camper :)... Ha Ha im comming more for the races at the burg but i like to look at cars to... Try to lighten up dude...
    Dave:D

12. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Your state safety inspector is Larry Williams 5906 Southadams Marion, In 46953

13. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Have to work! Hope the weather is better this year.

14. "A" Tub

"A" Tub

A group of us are going to the burg Saturday night for the big event. Maybe we'll see you there.

15. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

[QUOTE="A" Tub;3811869]A group of us are going to the burg Saturday night for the big event. Maybe we'll see you there.[/QUOTE]

Well that depends???? are you going to the get together or just to the race?
    I have never been to the burg and were gonna camp out there saturday night. We like to be there early and Josh said everyone was heading over at about 3 so thats good timing.. We need to get about 1/2 before race time :)..
    Pm me ill shoot you my cell # .. I have no idea where to park to camp or anything but im sure we can get the job done:)... We did eldora last saturday and thank god for a popup with a furnace ... Ha Ha.. Were open for a meet and greet at the track or a meet and drink works also ... After the races ill for sure be in the pits at the Hoffman racing trailer...
    Dave

16. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

If the weather is good (there saying it is going to be) this event will be HUGE. The Cincy SR guys work there asses off, cooking food all day and helping organize this deal. The time for the event is 10:00 - 2:00. I suggest you be there at 10:00 sharp if you wanna park close to the shop!

-------------------------------------------

If it weren't for the NSRA, Hot rodding wouldn't be anything close to the "Industry" it is today.. NONE OF YOU WOULD BE ALOUD TO REGISTER, OWN, BUILD, OR DRIVE your hot rods in ANY STATE!! They have done more for the "Image" and "Legality" of owning, building and driving Hot Rods on the street, than ANY OTHER organization. Please, give them respect..

Oh,,.. and all those "Grey Bearded" old hot rodders you buy your parts off of, are card carrying members.. Might wanna Keep that in mind.. ;)

---------------------------------------

At 2:00 we will pull out for the Burg. (kinda)

Actually, we are going next door to the burg and race Indoor Karts. :D

THEN we'll drive next door to the burg, and set up shop.

---------------------------------------

After The Burg, we'll be heading back to my Shop to a Biker bar across the street called HARD TAILS. Hot rods are welcome and get front row parking.

See you all there.

Joshua Shaw
    www.shawhotrods.com

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

where's your show in Indy ?

18. "A" Tub

"A" Tub

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In several "annual inspection" states A current NSRA inspection sticker is valid as your proof of inspection.

I think there are even a couple of insurance companies that accept passing a current NSRA inspection as proof the car is safe to drive on the road and for them to insure.

And no, gold chains, flowered shirts, 22 inch wheels and a lawn chair with your car's make and model on it are not a requirement for belonging to NSRA.

20. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

I will be there and bringing several traditional hot rods with me. Weather looks to be great, look forward to the event

21. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

If what is posted in another thread is true how will NSRA handle their inspections on all of the up to 1979 autos that will show up under their new 30 year or older entry rules. Will they be checking rear window defoger, windsheild fluid bottle condition, delay windsheild speeds, bumper jack tie downs and list goes on and on..just wondering...............:D

22. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Man let's hope that is just a rumor.....nsra inspection days are meant for cars built in backyards....not by the factories

23. NoFun

NoFun

What is the Burg? There used to be a bar called the Flicker Inn around there, (flicker in and stagger out. LOL) we would meet for a poker run and end up at Edgewater Drag strip.

24. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

The Flicker Inn has been gone for awhile. Gas station sits there now.

Great weather for tommorrow, 70's with some clouds. Rain to hold off until late. The place will be packed tomorrow.

25. "A" Tub

"A" Tub

The Burg is Lawrenceburg Speedway. There is a huge USAC sprint car race on Saturday.

If you know where Edgewater is, the event is just down the street.

26. NoFun

NoFun

Thanks for the info, see you Saturday.

27. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

come on come on come on........let's kick off 09' hot rod season with a packed house tomorrow!

28. patina33

patina33

Always a good time. Great cars that have been built over the winter, and some that have been stored. See you there. #5

29. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

I love guys from California.