Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best "Traditional Rod"[edit: Hot Rod] scene?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasr57, Apr 15, 2009.

1. synthsis

synthsis

I've never been to Austin but I'm going with Ryan on this one.

2. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

Ahahahahahahahahahahah *wipes away tear* I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but sometimes I just kill myself I'm so funny...

I think TX or the Pacific NW have got things on lockdown pretty well... I went to Hotrodarama last summer and it was killer

3. Latimore PA, Every May!!!!

4. Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  5. Of course it is the LA/OC Area. Kinda unfair, due to the size, but there is not a night of the week that their is not a cruise or car meet, hell, even early Saturday and Sunday meets. Some of the best shows are here, GNRS, Goodguys, Father's Day in Pomona, and so on and so on. Add to that one of the best car museums in the world, the Petersen, and the NHRA Museum, the Nethercutt Museum. Even a vast majority of the most renouned builders are here as well as the Pomona Swap and Long Beach swap meet. All of this in sunny weather about 330 days of the year. I can go on and on and usually do, but I will end this advertisement for Socal.

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

to quote one Kevin Lee, Kansas City Mo, the cradle of Hot Rodding! :)

7. If you're going to use a vacation trip to do some hot roddin', either pick a large nation type event and set you date for that, OR if you have to take the trip at a specific time, check all the event calenders for that time period and pick the one with the best reputation for cool cars.

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I know where it *ain't*................South Jersey Shore.......sheesh! <sigh>

CB

9. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

It *ain't* here, either. :(

10. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

dont get me wrong i LOVE L.A. just too many scenesters and posers that end up ruining good shows, my 2cents

11. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

This may be a bit biased but its gotta be So Cal.

12. dannyego

dannyego

I toured the country in a greasy rock and roll band. I would have to say the most true to the roots traditional bonafide city I have been to is Kansas city. Ne Ohio is pretty good. Chicago sucks, even though its my Home Town. So-Cal is half way decent but there is a lot of posers.

13. people , people! you poor misinformed schmucks should know its mississippi!

14. how about a huge cross country traditional poker run - not a power tour type of thing but a fun run stopping in different towns with great,good or even ok traditional followings

15. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Actually on second thought I'll retract the So Cal entry. I hear there is quite the scene in Samoa, yeah Samoa....

16. solid

solid

you got a lot of good points there. The weather thing has got to be one of the biggest factors.

17. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

I know, but I'm not tellin'.

18. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Starting to sound like I might have to think about moving instead of visiting. Hopefully this thead will help people find cool events and people around where they live or places they would like to visit also. Can't wait to get outta here.

19. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I'd say SoCal hands down.

It started here and has never left.

Just follow Bad Bob around here. He is proof that there are far too many hotrod related activities to do in just Orange County.

20. cruzr

cruzr

So Cal........The OC........where it all began

21. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Here we go again......