Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bills model a Farm in pa???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CadillacMat, Apr 15, 2009.

1. CadillacMat

CadillacMat

has anyone heard of a place called bills model a farm in williamsport Pa i heard he has tons of model a's
    if so does anyone have info on it
    thanks

2. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

have not heard of it but hopefully someone on hear has. I am very interested to hear more about it to

3. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

I know nothing about it, but Google turned up a Bill's Model Acres Ford Farm in Watsontown, PA, which is pretty close to Willamsport.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

He's in Watsontown. He's helped me out quite a bit with various parts I've needed. He's got more than a few projects there, be prepared to pay the going rate, though. He's a self-admitted capitalist!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009

5. chopo

chopo

Yep he's right on the going rate deal, good stuff. He's 20 minutes from me.

6. 5window

5window

Yep, probably 20 minutes from me-though I've got an A-I've never been there but thinking of running up this weekend.
    Watsontown is about 1.75-2 hours north of Harrisburg and right off I-80 about mile 212 or so. Are you looking for something specific?

7. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

bill's model acres === bill haberer
    3355 eighth street dr. watsontown,pa 17777
    570-538-3200
    specializing in 28-48 fords

8. rebstew187

rebstew187

Sounds like it's time for a road trip.

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Definitely call him first before you just show up or it might be a disappointing trip. Especially on the weekends...

10. 5window

5window

Yep, I just talked to him. he said he lives there so is usually around but you should call first to make sure. "Doesn't keep regular shop hours"

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Yea , it's a real place but more than a FARM !
    It's parts heaven ! He has what you need but not at a salvage price .
    Go with your list and he Will take care of your needs .

There is also a car shop that just does repairs but has some Packards and 60's & 70's cars sitting on his lot also . He is south of York Springs . I was there many years ago but never asked about all the cars . I might have to go up and take a look to see what's going on with the cars .

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Does he have any Vicky parts? I am in need of a back area

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Probably ought to call him for that info... I have been there many times over the years and still not seen everything...

14. 5window

5window

Just visited Bill's today. Fantastic place-he's got barns and barns of old Ford stuff-mostly A's but a really neat '40 sedan delivery and a '40 panel delivery. Also a really nice cat-Barnaby, He was nice enough to answer all my questions-took about an hour out of his work-opened some parts to show me how how a door handle went together, took me out to a junker in the field to show me how some parts fitted together inside the kick panel and called up a friend to ask him to show me his car painted in the colors I was interested in.

Stuff's for sale, but I am sure he knows what it's worth-he deals in new parts with the major suppliers and he sells used partsf used to Bratton's and others and makes some parts,too. But if you need it, he's probably got it-except speed parts for the motors-I asked him about that one.

He lives by the shop, but I'd call first And he'd be really easy to get to-only a couple of miles off the Interstates.

15. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

I have known bill for years...good friend...good guy to deal with...always helps me out when I need it...be prepared to pay...he had more stuff that whats at this place...he has some at his brothers...seems like lately im there everytime I drive past his house...he does know what this stuff is worth so dont go there expecting to get a super nice coupe for $1500...he has a mint coupe body that needs no patches for $5800...a lot of the rare stuff isnt got sale like the sedan delivery and stuff like that...I have known him for years and still he has suprises everytime i go there...wealth of knowledge about stuff...oh and definately call before hand...if he isnt there leave a message...yeah the place is his home but he isnt always there espicially on friday mornings as he plays golf and the weekends he is usually hard to get a hold of...

16. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Anyone deal with this guy lately ?