Register now to get rid of these ads!

My bucket finally ready for the road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Probesport, Apr 15, 2009.

1. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

His car, his way. I dont understand why everybody just cant appreciate it, so many nit-pickers:(

2. A-Wall

A-Wall

looks awesome! big improvement!

3. ncrodder13

ncrodder13

im with 'to tall' those catalog T's aint hotrods just some d.b.'s attempt at bein a rodder

4. ncrodder13

ncrodder13

and that dash is awsome never seen that before

5. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I'm not really a big fan of t-buckets...but I think this ones about the coolest one I've seen in a long time.Swing by & pick me up!!! Giz'

6. Nice car! Black on that looks waaaaayyyyyy better! The wheels and tires set it off real well. Cool!

7. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

nice job man! looks great. my T bucket transformation is almost done too. should be ready for summer.

8. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

cool car thanks for the update I realy like the dash. Enjoy and have a blast!!!!!

9. 69fury

69fury

WOW! what a transformation! I never would have thought of that wheel/tire combo. The wide whites in front really set it off, and the header wrap/bare tip is a nice touch to blend the whole light/dark effect. Even the silver interior (hate them) looks good with the whole combo. Great bit of roddin' with your dash fab. Two Thumbs Up!

10. haulAss or GTFO

haulAss or GTFO

lookin DAMN good, man!

11. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

nice work man. I don't really like the woodgrain grant wheel, but its all good.

12. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I'm diggen the new look! i do agree with skinner tires up front would balance it off very nicely. Sweet PP sticker on the dash, it caught my eye for some reason:)

Congrat's ...now go have fun with it.
    Grace and peace†
    cab

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 on that, that stuff is rather ugly.

14. norms30a

norms30a

Love that dash!

15. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

trad beats fad!

16. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Great transformation. The 'T' looks much so better now, good job. You "saved" it.
    Chopo, Thanks for my laugh of the day.

Lucky667

17. looks much better now !

18. smittystoys

smittystoys

car looks great.... do think it would look better with a smaller front tire plus it would drive better:)

19. 61pv544

61pv544
    from Denmark

Looks great! Always wondered who on earth would be seen in that shiny toy car it was before. I especially dig the Powell Peralta sticker on the dash, nice touch...

I say keep the wrap!

20. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Looks like a new car.

21. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Powell Peralta for the win! Love the sticker :D. Before it looked straight out of the 70's, now it looks like a 2k+ build and you did a great job. Fantastic ride.

22. 427c.i.

427c.i.

X 2 on the Bones Brigade dash. Quite a transformation, looks killer!

23. raven

raven

What are you doing with the old tube front axle?
    r

24. I agree with most of the comments so far and thanks again for the compliments, very much appreciated.

The wheels are smaller and skinnier up front (here is a shot from the rear) but its not a drastic difference. My plan is to get some nice pie crust cheaters out back to balance it all out.

The exhaust is definitely up for a change, and is on the list albeit further down. I have all intentions to do lakes style headers at some point but the budget went elsewhere at the moment :)

The dash idea started here and ended here. I also did a post of the progress and idea of it as well.

Oh and Cab, the keychain that you can't see is a "Tech Deck" version of your hotrod board - which reminds me I still need to make some sort of mount on the bucket for the fullsize.

25. dart165

dart165

Looks great, and as far as the comments go about changing things like the headers, column etc, i think ya did a great job working on a budget with what was already there to make it look... not so 70's.
    As far as teh changes you wanna make, you get to it when you get to it, but in the mean time, i think it's killer, and would venture to say that if you bought it for the right price, then you're not buried in it, which make it that much better!

26. The front axle never changed.

27. James427

James427
    BANNED

I like the header wrap. Cool way to save an otherwise useless set of rusty headers and avoid the $$ of new ones.

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

is that some sort of dirrect mount fuel guage on your tank ? where did you get it ?

29. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

I like it. No wrap though.