Register now to get rid of these ads!

my chassis for my new hot rod project *caution* volkswagen inside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

i like it, awesome fab work. the dash looks oval window? cool car!

2. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

also my volkswagen is a 48 ! that is what the title says. and it has that splitty thing in the back window. that is what the dmv knows it as.

3. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

that's awesome, not to many 48 vw titles floating around.:D

4. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

the type 3 setup will flatten the top of the motor, but it'll look like shit from the back (ever see a T3 in a baja bug?-- it's horrible.) i think you should take influence from both and build your own shrouds that both shorten up the top, while still looking good from the back.

-scott noteboom

5. How dare you to be different!

6. Bob Cathcart

Bob Cathcart

I drove a 34 Ford pickup for 39 years, I drive a 37 Ford coupe now and I think your Volksrod is GREAT. Keep on rodding. BobCat.

7. Whats up Kip Winger??? Nice VW. Wish I didnt sell mine. Now get that thing done and build a nice Cal-Look bug please

8. Algon

Algon

But the DMV doesn't know you are lying... or that there were only two new in the US in 49 so in the US you are talking rare and imported privately. Why you would put an Oval window in the car with a homemade strip then ? Splits have a different shape to the window edge verses the grille and you can see where you cut it. Then you say in your own album that its an Oval.:D Not to mention that you could buy another Deuce or two for a good 48 ... Good find on the title alone!

It a cool car in the works , I wasn't dogging it, I respect the effort but you can't fool people that easy unless they don't care or know any better. Lets see the KDF dash, steering wheel, and sheetmetal you cut out of it...

9. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Last year for water cooled if memory serves.

10. LabRat

LabRat

What big engine ? :rolleyes: Seriously though nice fab. work and this is a neat bit of info.

11. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i do not realy care if i fool people . i will outright tell ya that it was an earily 50's vw oval to start with and it had semiphores that i copped and made into a split. i lucked out in finding a 48 vw title thought. so that is what i titled it as .

12. Matt S.

Matt S.

Really cool, always nice to see great fab skills. Thanks for sharing.

13. RichG

RichG

as long as you never get pulled over by Officer Heinrich, peace enforcer and Veedub aficionado, 'cause he's gonna have some serious questions about the validity of your title...:D

Okay, all that aside, wicked job on the frame, that's about as one-off as your going to ever see on a bug! Nicely done.:)

14. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Who gives a shit! It could have a 40 Ford back window for all I care.. Keep up the good work.

15. CrazyUncleJack

CrazyUncleJack
    from OK

I get a lot of comments like that with my candy paint on my vw. Waste of money, blah blah blah. Seems they can't take the little car looking better than their rusty el camino.

16. m.k.bench

m.k.bench

sure beats a T bucket. very nice work.

17. xsteve

xsteve
    from puyallup

C'mon now...lets not start talkin crazy!:D

18. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Neat little car. I've been debating building one with the solid front axle. I've been told that the solid front axle doesn't play nicely with a bug's independent rear suspension. Is that true? Keep up the good work.

19. how about a 911 motor?

[​IMG]

20. Santaji

Santaji

A Zwitter is a october 52 to mid-53 split, they had the dash like in the '54 - '58 "Oval-window" bugs

21. How's that setup weight-wise?

Thanks,
    Kurt

22. customcory

customcory

Very cool VW! I like the idea of getting rid of the clutch and gas cables. Now your going to make me want to put mine on! I know why the fan shroud sticks out and thats part of the neat factor, kinda of like the old Roth deign, " I love my bug" with the engine sticking up out of the back end. VW's are kinda of like 32 Fords, they are all the same but look at all the different things you can do with them. It will be a attention getter.:D

23. Americans really gave the kustom bug creditability.I came in when they were still kool.ok for Steve Mcqueen is ok for me,you seem to be getting away with it,I like!

24. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

Brother you got my vote. Dare to be different, damn the man (save the Empire!).

Digging the stamped solid steelies up front.

25. I really like it and can appreciate the metal work, however, I still am a traditonal early pre-billet so cal style fan,but, I would be very proud to have that car in my shop!

26. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Great car, great workmanship, and a true hot rod.
    thanks for sharing.
    now paint it a 1948 stock VW color and let the restorers have a hayday.

jim h

27. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Great work, neat car!

28. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn that chassis looks good.

29. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i am not totaly sure what you are asking? the car is very light . if you are asking how thew wheels are they are strong enough. i had them on my 32 hupmobile and they worked great. i hope this answered your questions?

30. Yes, a lot of us have a bug or bus in our closet.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.