Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project "Sooner or Later" 30 Chevy coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRK-hotrods, Apr 13, 2009.

1. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I'm going to name this project sooner or later. That is what is painted on the drivers door so I'm gonna stick with that. I still have to pickup the cowl, headlights & bars, pass front fender and some other stuff. I'lle let the pics speak for themselves :)

More pics to follow later today :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

3. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

4. Replacing the wood sucks, but you'll end up with a badass car when done.

5. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I think it's fitting to show what I traded for this also. In the deal came a lawn tractor with a snow thrower attachment, a Pontiac Edelbrock 4bbl intake with an ol' AFB and a set of 4 original 56 Chevy Accesory wire hubcaps. He also threw in a 28-9 A cowl, an extra rear fender(shitty) and a 28 or so Chevy 4dr rear door(no wood)

The suburban I traded:
    [​IMG]

The tractor is in the backround of this picture:
    [​IMG]

Here's the 4 Chevy caps:
    [​IMG]

Here's the 28-9 A cowl, extra fender and 28? Chevy 4dr door:
    [​IMG]

6. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Yeah, the wood part doesn't bother me too much... I'm not going to start on it for a while. I want to find the rest of the body parts that I am missing and gather up some material so when I do start on it, I'm good to go. I'lle probably mess with the chassis for a bit and get it set up for the V8 and 5 lug :)

7. 28 ponti

28 ponti

Hey Joe,
    I love your Chevy. I haven't traced the wood for you yet, but I will do it this week. I have to find some paper that's long enough.

8. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Thanks Ralph :) I'm liking it more each time I look at it. It certainly will be a neat car when finished :)

I may have a roll of paper around here somewhere... If you want, I can mail it to you...

9. I like the tailpan... Must have been a hotrod at some point. The Filling station is a source for some parts. Good luck and keep us posted.

10. ...go to your local meat market and buy/beg some butcher paper off their roll they use to wrap meat with, get it as long as you need....just a thot.

11. Always cool to have more Chevy, hot rod builds. :D

12. Ghost28

Ghost28

Very nice... I just got around to checking out you thread and man does this bring back memories. My 28 sedan is the second early chevy I have done the other was a 32 coupe in the same condition as yours. But I did not have any fenders or deck llid so I did a mild custom. With 1930 chevy fenders modified slightly to accept 92 corvette front and rear suspension components, motor and trans also. Not real hamb friendly but a blast in the quarter mile and around colorado mountain roads it would test my courage. On the 32 I also converted it to a 3 window by enlarging the doors 5 inches, and angling the b pillers forward. And wedge cutting the roof as part of the 4 inch chop front, and 1 inch at the back. Have fun with your car looks good...ghost

Attached Files:

13. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

Holy shit. It's Lazarus.

I'm looking forward to clicking a link and seeing that roll under its own power.