Register now to get rid of these ads!

Skoty chops built "moneyshot"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skirtskraper, Apr 12, 2009.

1. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Nice work, as always, Skoty!

2. alaskanroadzombies

alaskanroadzombies

Im curious why some feel it necessary to say its to low or to this or that. Me personally dont much care for alot of things but i do appreciate a well thought out and executed build. Skoty take that car to the bank and work on the next bitchin dream car. These kinds of cars are what makes our hobby so cool. All about a vision, tools, and desire.

3. skirtskraper

skirtskraper

thank you guys very much for showing appreciation for my work, i do try very hard to do nice work and challenge myself daily to get better. i understand not everybody is gonna like this car, but thats what makes us all different from eachother. theres stuff i dont like either, but in that stuff i dont like still takes alot of hard work and long hours which i do very much appreciate. im not trying to prove anything, just building cars that are in my head at that time. i am personaly building myself a car right now, im taking a 1935 plymouth coupe and building a prewar STYLED custom. i will start a thread on that as i get a little further along. i really do have respect for traditional rods, i like molding different parts to make one part, pretty much art like a gentleman said on here. i am currently building a traditional 30 roadster on duece rails for a customer right now, and a few customs aswell. i will try to post more of my work so you guys can see the other work my shop produces.i have alot of heart for metal work,customs, traditional hot rods, & hardcore rods. its just me and i am who i am. thank you very much guys!

i still have a lot of pics to post, we did a 60's style interior in the car that looks pretty rad!

4. skirtskraper

skirtskraper

the interior was done by chris gross from pins and needles in santa cruz ca.
    here you guys can see the headrest and headrest mounts i made.
    [​IMG]
    heres the front side of the headrest, and the back of the car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. skirtskraper

skirtskraper

the pipes on this car are made by sanderson headers and they have named after me "the chopsters". these photos where takin by ron kimbell studios.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Good job man. Looks fast and fun. Just like a hot rod should be :D

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

WOW nice job man! You should be proud of that one. HAY that is a 34 Desoto Airflow in the back ground of the 8 th photo down,Cool .Whats up with that one? Just asking because I have one and they are interesting cars.

8. Chopped, Channeled, Shortened, Lowered, Hemied and Chromed on a real clean box frame, moneyshot ? more like poster child.
    Real nice job.
    No way I could ever put together anything that good myself,
    But it's sure where I would be aiming.
    ( and it was seeing stuff this good as a kid which made me want to try )

9. skirtskraper

skirtskraper

hey buddy, im building that car for a gentleman named guido he owns the red baron or helmet car from san francisco. he wants to do a open wheel with it, but im trying to convince him into doing a full fendered custom with skirts. would you by any chance know where we can get fenders for it? i was gonna get fenders from another car and modify them to make them work. we all know that is alot of work. i dont mind doing it, im sure his wallet will mind though. i def. try to be easy on my customers wallets. let me know if you know of any fenders. thank you! have a great day!

10. skirtskraper

skirtskraper

thank you guys for the great comments, i really do appreciate them. i will be posting more pics of the car with a photoshoot we did with a few models. you guys have a great day!

11. matt--8

matt--8

sooooo cool!!

12. doctorZ

doctorZ

i am really digging this build. i wish there were a couple more detailed build shots of the car before it was completed though.
    i must say, skotty, that it is good to see somebody on here that can take some criticism without lashing back. it seems like every time i see a thread like this where somebody doesn't like the car, and says so, him and the owner/ builder start going at it and it ruins the thread. i am glad that you are proud enough of your work, as you should be, to brush off criticism. everyone is entitled to voicing their own opinion, and it is nice to see it pan out this well.
    -drZ

13. dentprone

dentprone

Looks great......but......blahblahblahIwouldadoneitlikethisasIsithereandtype. Man, I like it. I am a weldor by trade and yes, if you make good welds, they can be finish ground. I tend to believe this dude knows a thing or two about what he is doing.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  14. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Is the roof going to get filled? Original or sheet metal?

15. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

great looking car, great fabrication.
    looking forward to your updates of other projects.

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some nice work here for sure! Excellent job and thanks for sharing!

I have questions...

Tell us more about that Hemi (cam? Compression? cubes? etc.), but also, I would like to know more about the 6x2 setup. Looks to be progressive. What PV's and jets are you running in conjuntion with the motor specs that I would love to hear more about?

Tell us more! Thanks!!

17. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

That would be a wild car to drive. Nice job.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  18. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

That car has a great stance. Just plain awesome.:D

19. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Boy that sucker is low:eek:. But you have pulled it off again. Really great fab work.

Where are you located?

20. looks like a rat rod.....

21. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

WOW!!! your style, attention to detail, woksmanship, and choice of equipment was spot on!! HOLY SHIT!! You really hit the nail on the head....
    Great job.

Buzz Bomb

22. pinky49

pinky49

ed hegarty at deal auto wreckers in richmond might have some airflow fenders for you. he has an airflow that is a bonneville car, so he might have some spares.
    ed

23. woody2

woody2

Nice workmanship, This thing is Baddass dude.:cool:

24. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Wow ! Nice. Now I see what a guy can pay for if he saves his beer money or a month.

25. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

are you kidding me?makes me wonder what you consider a traditional rod to be.im not seeing soup can air cleaners and stuffed animal rats are you?

Very nicely done man.i like it.

26. Chad s

Chad s

I agree, looks like a rat rod. What do you consider a traditional hot rod to be? By most's definition, this car is not a traditional hot rod.

I for one, am not so impressed. Its amazing how many comments on how incredible the fabrication is. Look at Steve Sellers or Brian Bass fabrication, thats incredible work. This fab work on this car is pretty good, but its miles away from a Bass or Sellers build. There are lot of sloppy lines on brackets, lumpy looking ground weld fillets (a real top end fabricator makes beautiful TIG welds that don't need to be ground).

As for the overall design, its a cartoon like car. The bare metal body is a silly trend, the bare metal on the interior thats even worse. You have upholstery, and next to it rusting, unpainted metal. Silly. The body an inch from the ground, exaggerated frame Z, its all just shock factor.

Not trying to be a jerk, but this is NOT a traditional hot rod.....

27. boones27t

boones27t
    from redding ca

ive seen it in person and its bad a$$ but too each his own.

28. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I didnt mean to imply that it was i can see how you would have thought thats what i meant though,it is definitly not traditional but is a cool car.sorry for that.I DONT THINK IT FALLS INTO THE RAT ROD CATEGORY THATS ALL.

29. heres a simple test.

Open any hot rod magazine from 1964 or earlier, preferably any of the little books,

Look at any of the cars-street driven, competition, even the JALOPIES..

None of them are ever this car. Period. some may have some aesthetics that are at a stretch similar, but not completely like this.
    Traditional this, blah blah that, its a COOL car still that would be a blast to ever take down the quarter, but its just not anything that would have been built in 1960.