Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Newport News, VA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by fourspd340, Apr 11, 2009.

1. fourspd340

fourspd340

Hello everyone. I'm Stan from Newport News, Virginia. I've been checking out this site for some time now and since I recently acquired a Model A project, I figured it was about time I introduce myself. I'm in my mid 30's and I eat, think, breath, and live old cars. I think it’s actually an obsession with me. My first car was a 1953 Ford with a flathead when I was 14. I was in way over my head so I sold it and bought a 1973 Charger with a big block. I've been into Mopars ever since but I've always wanted to build an early hot rod. I do all of my own work and fabrication. Paint, upholstery, drivetrain, engine building, etc. The only thing I don't do is the machine work on my engines because I don't own a machine shop. I enjoy fixing things that other people say are "un-fixable". I just love old cars. All makes, all models, all types.

I bought my coupe project from a member here (Carter in PA). Super nice guy. My goal is to build a traditional hot rod using only pre-1955 parts. I've got a pretty good start on the parts gathering. I'm fairly well versed in Mopar stuff but I'm just now learning the early Ford stuff. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of foolish, basic, hot rod questions over the next few months. Hopefully I can answer a few questions for anyone running a Mopar drivetrain. Thanks in advance for the help.

Stan

2. brady1929

brady1929

welcome to the hamb stan. any questions, go to the main discussion board. also check out the benefits of a hamb alliance membership.

3. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Welcome to the HAMB. Sounds like a nice project.

4. fourspd340

fourspd340

Thanks. I'm pretty excited about this project. I put in a pretty full day yesterday on it. I plan on getting back out in the garage again today. Lots of metal work to do.

Stan

[​IMG]

5. madmal04

madmal04
    from CA

Welcome from So. California!

6. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

Welcome from Cen Cal

7. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome from Nebraska

8. Buff

Buff

I just moved from there. do a search, there are alot of hotrodders (hambers) in the hampton roads area. and they are really good guys, and are very helpful and knowledgeable.

John

9. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Stan, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas. Mopar man? What size/year Hemi is going in the "A" ?

Lucky667

10. fourspd340

fourspd340

Lucky667,
    Well..... Right now I am sticking with an all early-Ford drivetrain but I do find myself daydreaming about a Chrysler Hemi. I got bit HARD by the Hemi-bug several years ago and after building and driving one, I must say there is nothing like it. But, for now it is going to be flathead power.

Stan

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  11. Hi Stan welcome to the HAMB, I'll be in Newport News next year visiting my buddy.
    I'll keep an eye out for ya cruisin' by,so you better get busy!:cool: