Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Girl, Without A Gun. . .Part Quatre, Cuatro, Quattro, Ofen, Vier

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MissPrint, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

Oh Come On! That's like flashing your ankle when asked to see the bikini!:cool:

Here now, here is my David Dickinson teaser...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

...and frankie sanded the edsel off through night and day and in and out of weeks and almost over a year to where the Round Up's wild things are.

all this time and all we get is a teaser?

glad to see you got it sprayed,....waiting for the whole thing to hit the HAMB. Good work on all your mischief making.

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Great work Frankie! did you ever get those skirts we were talking about?

4. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Dude, its good you are across the pond you would have the HAMB girls all over you and not like you think, they would want blood. :eek:

The best partner on body work I ever worked with was in Auto shop, a little gal 120 lbs soaking wet. She had more patience than anyone I have ever seen sanding. And she could paint like no one's business, we would each take half the car shooting it and the texture was matched well enough that it color sanded out like one persom had done it. Beautiful work.

She even helped me put an clutch with an NP 435 4-speed in her Dodge 3/4 ton truck. She put a strap around it wrapped around the stickput a piece of pipe through the loop, straddled the dog house and held it up while I fed the input shaft in. It had to outweigh her by 100 lbs! The quickest clutch job I ever did. We had her on the road in less than an hour. I hope she's still working on stuff. Her husband was a stoner and had no mechanical aptitude.

5. 63Compact

63Compact

Ya cant leave us hanging like that c'mon.

6. MissPrint

MissPrint

LOL. . .I have sanded the Edsel thru almost 1/2 a year. . .Started this journey back at Thanksgiving. . .will have her almost done by Easter. . .

I PROMISE all y'all will get a couple of full shots after I finish a few details tomorrow night. . .

With the help of Jobe and Mark and Drock tonight (INVALUABLE HELP, MIGHT I ADD!!!) we got the bumpers back on. . .but only after I realized that the 2 hours I spent assembling my grill was all for nought. . .

The bumper, apparently, HAS to go on BEFORE the grill and horseshoe collar, but didn't realize that the chinese puzzle box that is my grill would be so "interesting" to reassemble. . .and, of course, the lower horseshoe piece that is attached to chrome has to come out before the grill. . .Argh.

So, had to UNDO all the work I'd just done so the guys could get my front bumper back on. . .Sigh. But at least now I know the trick to reassembly once she gets real paint on. . .

Not going to bother with putting on the side trim for the show -- its tricky and I'm missing compression clips (on order), so that can wait. I don't see any point on putting it on just to take it off again and risking bending the chrome. . .

Ok. . .off to bed for a few hours before I get back to work.. .and then out to the shop tomorrow night. . .

7. MissPrint

MissPrint

Thanks Darlin'!! :D Skirts I believe have arrived (I got a notice that I have 2 packages waitin' for me -- one HAS to be the skirts!!!!), but I got home too late tonight to get them. . .they're sitting in a box in my apartment complex office. I'll pick'em up tomorrow and take'em out to the shop and see what they look like!!! :D

MANY THANKS AGAIN TO TUMBLE WEED GARAGE FOR THE SKIRTS!!!
    YOU ROCK!!!

8. MissPrint

MissPrint

Thanks Darlin'. . .couldn't have expressed it better myself. . .;)

9. kisam

kisam

Go Frankie Go! I am so very proud of you and your determination. You are a great representation for the Ladies Of The Hamb (LOTH). It will all be worth it next week! I want one cruise down Congress???

10. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

So how close are you now?is the black down yet?looking forward to seeing it at the round up

11. MissPrint

MissPrint

Black epoxy primer is ON!! She's really coming together. . .

A few more details, touches to finish up before next Friday, but here's a sneak peek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need to get in my headlight buckets & bezels, a few more pieces of front trim, and these. . .

[​IMG]

Those are my new shifter knob and turn signal knob, done by GlassBender here on the HAMB (Mike). . .:D

Need to put on the gorgeous hubcaps sent by Missysdad1, put on my shifter knob, clean her up. . .

Not going to put on the side trim for Round-Up. . .Figured that since I'm just going to have to pull it back off for paint, and risk damaging the compression clips, the side trim can wait. . .

Black is good. Shiny black will be even better. . .:D

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I have been checking in on this one every know and then and all I can say is sweet!!!!!!!!!!.............this is one of those type of cars that really have a bad ass look when they are done right. And i must say this seems as those it is really heading down that road. Congrats on a really cool car. I can not wait to see it all together with caps aon it and so on.

13. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

Damn!
    That looks amazing so far.
    Those shift and turn signal knobs are way cool ;)
    I'm excited to see your car completed.

14. Huge Props, Great work. Cant wait to see it finished. :)

15. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

that car has come a long way,,,,,,,,,,,you've accomplished an amazing amount of work in a relatively short amount of time,,,,,,,,,
    shes looking SOOO good...you set goals and followed through,,i admire your dedication, perseverence, and work ethic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    GREAT JOB!

16. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

those knobs are bad ass. that is full custom living.

17. meowwww. Looking good. Now that you are an expert, you will have to help me with my truck when the time comes.

18. duffman

duffman

Frankie it looks amazing. those shift knobs are too cool, they do great work. when she gets the final paint down the road it'll be stunning

19. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

Man Frankie, I am diggin those for sure! Where the heck ya been??
    Was the package the skirts in the apartment office?
    How'd the front trim come out?
    You alive girl?
    C'mon! Laura and I want updates!.....of course, we could just wait the 3 more days til Round Up...lol

Good luck kiddo, the Ed is looking so damn good, we all envy you on here.
    ~Jef

20. Hey Frankie,

The car looks clean! It's amazing what a little black epoxy can do to a car. Can't wait to see it in person. FYI. I finally got the pickup in black epoxy as well! You'll see it more during Roundup...

Derrick

21. Abomination

Abomination

LOL!

I always tell my girls that it covers the grease under the nails! ;)

~Jason

22. missysdad1

missysdad1

'Way to go, grrl! The Edsel looks great, even in the rain! All that hard work paid off! Nice job! I won't steal your thunder by posting any large photos of her...but here's another little tease for all your fans! You rock! :):):)

Attached Files:

23. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Finally got to see it in person this weekend at the roundup.looks awesome! good job

24. MissPrint

MissPrint

Thanks Javier. . .

AND

I just wanted to say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE
    who complimented me, encouraged me, and stopped by to say "Hi" this weekend. . .

It was really overwhelming and quite humbling to have so many people come up to me this weekend and congrat me on my car. . .

I seriously cannot count the number of people who came up, shook my hand or gave me hugs and the first words out of their mouths were, "I've been following your thread on the HAMB. . ."

I was more than a little misty eyed this weekend. . .

The positive encouragement, and the "atta girls" were truly remarkable. . .

Thank you to all of you. . .I am proud to call myself a HAMBer and to be counted amongst your number. . .

And MANY thanks to Missysdad. . .I am so sorry the hubcaps didn't work out (I have 14 inch rims, the hubcaps were 15s). . .and your kind words of praise and the fact that you're proud of me, well. . .let's just say, I'm tearin' up all over again thinkin' about it. . .

THANK YOU ALL!!!
    Unfortunately, due to work and money constraints, won't be getting back on this until June (have a stoooopid amount of work in May), but I promise, she'll be in shiny paint and scallops by the Round-Up 2010!!!!!:D

25. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Send it on a trailer... me and Jim will take care of the rest. ;) Great to finally meet you and have such a great conversation. I think you've got us talked into it.

26. MissPrint

MissPrint

You think I'd actually trailer my car anywhere? LOL! ;):D

Besides, I wanna finish the prep on her myself. . .y'all can shoot her when y'all move to Tejas and start sayin. . .y'all! ;)

Such a pleasure to meet ya, kiddo. . .truly!!! :D

27. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I've worked it into my vocabulary, lol. I was told this wknd I'll be getting me Texas registration card in the mail shortly. It comes with a gun, lol. :D

28. When are we going to see a full daylight shot of the car :)

29. purple

purple

Are the E spinners really that rare? Cuz one of mine came with a set and the other came without the bars. They are the same hubcap with just an added tri-bar.

30. whid

whid

love the knobs.cool car.nice job.............................dave