Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chevy Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gene Winfield Rod&Custom, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Gene Winfield Rod&Custom

Gene Winfield Rod&Custom
    from Mojave,Ca

Ok, first off I want to let everyone know that Chris Clark built this car at Genes shop. Gene painted, and Alfredo cut and polished it. Im not kissing Chris's rear end, actually our two personalities are about like gasoline and an open flame! But I (Dewey) feel the guy truely captured the meaning of Kustom with this car, and alot of talent and time went into it. Im only 35 so I dont know everything, but it seems to me that Winfiled, Jefferies,Watson, Roth, etc. in the 50's and 60's were trying to create something different and of QUALITY. Allways setting the bar higher or coming up with some different artistic idea. Not some cookie cutter street rod, which I build plenty of and enjoy, or some half assed rat rod death trap with floor missing out of it. They were true craftsman and still are. I personally feel Chris Clark hit the mark with this car!
    Yous truely,
    Diamond Dewey

I love this car, and wish I had the money to buy it. Yes its for sale, arent they all?
    Anyways this is Chris Clarks bitchin creation, and he is starting to assemble it and I cant wait to see the green glass he molded for the top installed! This car has so much trick stuff you got to see it in person. Im sure you will once its all together and in the magazines.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Looks like a lot of customizing to me.

3. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

I'm a huge Winfield fan, But I don't think I get the windows in the roof thing. Just don't get it. Horrible. Maybe I'm wrong. Paint looks fantastic as usual though.

4. I 2nd that!!!

5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

It looks eco-friendly. I think it took "going green" a little too far...

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I gotta say this is horrible,the roof is a mess,the rear end treatment is terrible,none of it makes sense,it looks like the roof of some hippy wagon grafted to a chevy body

7. Movinman

Movinman

Um... wow. I know you have to give the customer what they want. I would think that to be the case here. :eek:

8. whamoman

whamoman
    from USA

Chris Clark built the car at Gene's shop. Gene just painted it for Chris a few days ago.

9. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

Yep, I am not feelin the roof...
    It seems like it's too much...

10. lolife

lolife

The roof holes are view ports so people can look in and see you banging the track bimbo.

11. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

I justt wanna know one thing?,WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

12. pacemaker

pacemaker

This car could be a break through. Finish will tell.

13. Paint looks great...not feelin' the roof but I'll wait to see the finished product

14. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Top looks like a bicycle helmet.

15. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Is the plan to grow plants? I can respect all the work, but?

16. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

I don't like the roof but i'm Interested to see what it looks like with the glass in though.

17. richie rebel

richie rebel

don't care who painted it,car is to over the top,not a looker at all.....richie..........

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Green is a good color...

R-

19. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Gene can still spray em..what a nice paint job...Looks like he's got Jose' doing the colorsanding though...;)

20. rick finch

rick finch

I'm not getting the top at all............. that is fugly!

21. Gene Winfield Rod&Custom

Gene Winfield Rod&Custom
    from Mojave,Ca

Well first off let me start by saying this aint Gene who posted this. Its Dewey, and Chris and I get along about as good as gasoline and a fire. But its a custom car its supposed to be over the top! Its supposed to be trick or different its art, not some cookie cutter street rod or rat rod. Im actually shocked that some of you dont like the roof. Youve got to see this car in person to appreciate the design and talent that went into this car. Chris Clark has been around for a long time, he's 65. I really feel he has captured what so many customizers in the 50's and 60's were doing. Well anyways its just my opinion. Dewey

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

really need to see it all together but I think I will never like the top. I'd like to see more pics of it.

23. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I can appreciate the craftmanship. But customs are supposed to flow and the roof pulls the eye in too many directions. I think the glass insert idea could be cool, but only if it flowed with the body. The lines of these inserts do not flow. The rear window also fights the rest of the car a bit. just my .02

24. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

no offense gene, but the roof is dented and bowed... it just dont look right to me....

25. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

looks fuckin stupid and not what this board is about

26. 23skidoo

23skidoo
    BANNED
    from tha south

in the magazines???? good lord!

good thing i dont read ol stool or traditional rat & custom

27. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

I like it! Screw what everyone on here says man, its a bandwagon. So ONE car out of 500,000 other kustoms has some roof windows. Give me a break you guys, just dig that someone did something a little different. Ya, maybe its not something you would do to your car, but its kinda cool to see something different. Id like to see some pics of when its done.

MEMPHIS RAT--Its not Gene thats posting this, idiot. Read what he wrote, its an EMPLOYEE.

28. 1950 Chevy Custom.
    What is it about then? ... :confused::confused:

29. I guess its about evolution...creative ideas...and a trip back to 60's customs...right on srosa707, beauty in the eye of the beholder or some such...the paint is 'as good as gold':D:D

2ndchance

30. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

:D

Knucklehead read the entire post!

You the expert on what looks fuckin' stupid.:eek: