Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonnie & Clydes death car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAD ROD, Sep 7, 2008.

1. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

The Crime and Punishment Museum in D.C. has a whole section dedicated to Bonnie and Clyde. In it is a group of Advertisements from Ford using Bonnie and Clyde as promotion. One says "Will Bonnie and Clyde ever be caught?" and on th flip side its says "Not as long as they're driving the new Ford V-8!"

2. super-six

super-six

I was thinking that the letter to Henry Ford was from John Dillinger. Maybe it's my oldtimers disease setting in.

3. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Frank Albert Clause, maybe? Frank was not shot during a bank robbery. He was arrested while breaking into a lumber yard! I guess bank robbery sounds more impressive.

I have good reason to think that he was 19 at the time (October 13, 1929), and that he was less than two weeks from being 20 years old. Plenty old enough to know better.

Bonnie's mother was a Krause. Pretty close to Clause. Maybe "Clause" was an alias???? The first name "Frank" does occur in the Krause family. He does seem to go by the last name of Clause his entire life.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  4. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

This car reminds me of that Trans Am from over in Angel nuts,Alabama. This is the car that took the life of the driver and his female passenger, And when the paramedics arived you could still hear freebird playing on the 8 track

5. steveo3002

steveo3002
    from england

saw this at primm...couldnt see inside

has the seat been replaced with a blood free one?

6. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I bought that car. You can see it for $5.

Attached Files:

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

You can see where the blood stains are if you look close enough.

8. Mythbusters on discovery channel did a story on that. They put two dead hogs in a corvette,taped it all shut,locked it int a shipping container and then tried to clean it up 6 months later.:eek: The San Francisco M.E.'s office gave them some sort of "enzyme active" super cleaner that they use to clean and deoderize their call vans. Finally sold the interiorless hulk to a guy who only wanted the drivetrain,suspension,etc. and trashed the rest. But what was funny was the reaction of the 'vette's original owner when they told him what they were going todo with it!:D

9. Michael Pukash

Michael Pukash

That name seems correct. Frank Clause. Yes the stories get better and better with time. I remember he drove a 49-54 chevy pickup and I always wundered how he used the clutch cause his leg was as stiff as a honey moon dick from hip to foot!

10. S.F.

S.F.

I was second guessing myself too, it was one of those guys. but I know Dillinger did drive a 32 Ford and then a 34 Ford. There is a picture of him squatting down in front of a 32 Ford with his guns stuck between the headlight bar and the grill. Badass.

11. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Steve norcal I see what you mean about the license plate brackets on each of the tail lights, I think that one of those was were he mounted his club plaque,,,,lol :D

12. Yeah, ya can't rob the banks so easy anymore! But the banks can easily rob you - credit cards!

13. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

I saw the car at the Montgomery County Fair in Dayton, Ohio when I was a kid. The next year they had a Stainless '36 Ford that was driving across the country. No rust except floor boards were GONE/Rusted!

14. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

plywude ,
    good idea on the plaque holder . ........ steve

15. Lono

Lono

I saw the car in 73 in Bloomington, Minn. The same year they were dragging Eva Brauns car around. In mint shape, nazi party flags on the fenders and military goodies on display too. But You want to talk about weird. The seats were human leather and the seats were filled with human hair- not horse hair.

Somewhere I've got a pic of fat lill' Lono standing beside it. Should dig it up for fun.

16. rodncustom

rodncustom

What do you mean? Those two pictures look identical.

17. havi

havi

Seen it on CBS Morning today.

18. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Cool no matter what....