Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

wow lotus, my old girl looks pretty spiffy! hope you guys are enjoying it! hate to bug you again, but how about that linkage...

2. ybu22z

ybu22z

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my fathers car. One owner, bought new about October 1967. I learn't to drive in it in about 1984. Original 200ci eventually ruptured with a water leak and was swapped out for a 221. Sharp folk will notice the 5bolt stud instead of the 4bolt. Diff was swapped out for something larger and the front has had a mcpherson strut conversion with adjustable shocks and height adjustable coil overs. Large vented discs with alloy calipers pull it up.

Further back in the garage is this 'long term project' ute. There are some rust issues but if it is recoverable we will go for mild kustom touches and try and leave the 'patina'. The things my father want to do to the coupe... I try and divert to the ute instead.
    [​IMG]

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

One of my all-time favorites: Dick Brannan's 427 match racer:

[​IMG]

(Photo originally posted by skywolf in the "Drag Cars in Motion" thread.)

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  4. johnnynogood

johnnynogood

New project!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Here are a couple more of Kevins(sorry so late I thought I had already posted them)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:eek: Mine if I only had the skills.....:cool:

7. Actually, the Sprint was a trim level for both 2 door and convertibles. The 2 door hardtop did have a lower roof line than the 4 doors or the original 2 door sedan but they could be had in Sprint or Futura trim level. And the convertible and the 2 door hardtop both shared the same lower windshield

8. BigB

BigB

Well I couldnt of found a better thread, this is mine and my Dads 63 1/2 sprint. He bought it off the show room floor and it is the first car I ever drove. We have made a few changes. Chopped the top 2 1/8 and lenthened it 6 inches.Put it on an Art Morrison chassis. We are running a 392 Hemi with a Littlefield 671 and an Enderle Bug catcher. I cant tell you how much attention we get every time we race and we are having a blast.Best its gone so far is an 8.54 at 157mph. But we have just started.
    All kinds of suttle body mods too, rear tail light are 63 galaxie frenched in and rolled the front Boniville style.The grill is a one off custom built by a friend in Az.

Attached Files:

9. INF

INF
    from las vegas

my little falcon

Attached Files:

10. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

Your dad did an awesome job especially for picking it up so quick.

11. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Here are of the orig. Australian steel venetians...(therse are still MADE in Australia!).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  12. Cooon

Cooon

Here is my falcon, bit later to what you guys have posted, and I have prob gone for more the muscle car look
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

God bless a good old wagon

13. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Here is my 63 sprint convert. I have had it for 15 years, bought as a basket case and has been evolving over the years. An original red 4 speed car. 15 and 16 inch wheel, Currier narrowed rear, 93 mustang 5.0 HO EFI, Cobra intake, and toploader 4 speed. Goes like hell and gets 15 mpg.

Doug
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. lakesmod

lakesmod

You get the skills by doing things.Jump in and try,if you make a mistake you have the H.A.M.B. to help you out.
    Fred

15. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

couldn't be stated better! I'm just guessing and trying and there's plenty of re-doing

16. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Swiped from the '60s Style Hot Rods thread:

[​IMG]

17. mtrhd

mtrhd

dig the early falcons. how about this?

Attached Files:

18. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Latest of my beast, haha.
    I've been driving it daily for the last few weeks.
    The heat works good!

[​IMG]

Norton

19. BigB

BigB

I got in on this thread late , dont stop bringing new stuff guys , I was loving this.Never knew so many others thought they were cool too..........

20. shortyforty

shortyforty
    from NH

Found these two on the website for Winterport Dragway in Maine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  21. BigB

BigB

Hey they look good..........I am a little blower prejudice,lol.

22. Took this one yesterday. Sounded much meaner than it looked, and it looked pretty mean.

[​IMG]

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I like it.

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Are those Cragars painted black? What size were the tires, did you happen to notice?

-Dave

25. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

Here's my latest edition. Just Picked it up this last weekend. With all the new stuff like from Coon I thought this would be a bit more HAMB friendly. It's a 1928 Falcon-Knight only made them 2 years (27-28) It started life as a coupe but lost it's head somewhere along the way so plans call for a Convertible/ Cabriolet.

Still looking for a top, like a dearborn duece or Speed 33 if ya know where I can find something PM me Thanks

Attached Files:

26. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Where did you see that car? I'm dying to check it out in person. Did you take any other pics?

27. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

That is cool as hell but you posted in the Ford Falcon thread. I would post that in a new thread of your own as alot of folks on here would love to see something that rare.

28. They are early American Racing Torq Thrusts. I'm pretty sure they were 15s. The tires were slicks, I didn't see any info on them, sorry.

I only got to take one other picture because the guy hopped in and tore off with the Cougar you see in the back ground. They met up with the the 69 and 70 George Follmer Trans Am cars, and the 70 Parnelli Jones Trans Am car. I saw the car at the Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Forever Show.

There were some other good vintage race cars there. These aren't Falcons, but you might appreciate them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  29. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

Well...the wifes Falcon is taking a different turn. It is getting a 302 with aluminum intake, headers, and a 8", and floor shifter. Not sure if we are keeping the top loader 3 speed or putting in the T-10 4 speed...

Here is a pic my daughter (8 years old) took of my wife when they were out goofing off playing pin-ups. haha
    [​IMG]
    She takes better pictures then me!

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  30. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Here is one I had but sold to make room for other projects.

Attached Files:

exterminator likes this.